Ian Garry's a Cautionary Tale For All Up & Coming Irish Fighters

duke_droese

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just because you have an Irish accent doesn't mean you're the next Conrad Mcgregor. Connor was a once in a generation sports figure, he can't be replicated.

Ian tried to push the envelope with the edgy shit talk and it really came back to bite him in the ass.

Another thing I noticed was that he tried to maintain the OTT Connor act even at gyms he was visiting, which led to all the evictions. Connor stuck to his own gym and I bet when he visits other places, he's always a little more humble.

It's not just Ian though. Whenever you watch any Irish MMA cards, they're all doing dollar store Connor impressions.

It's kinda on Connor though for setting a bad example.

Neil Magny is one of the hardest working and humble dudes in the sport -- you would never know how many records he has by listening to his interviews... and that's the guy you're gonna pick on? Geoff Neal, DUI aside, is also one of the most likeable dudes in the division. I feel that on top of his angle, Ian really just picked poor opponents to build himself from.

They all want to be Big Poppa Pump

i mean connor was cool.

to the causals ian is a cuck and tehy think he pulled out of this ppv because he was afraid of being made fun of by colby at the press conference.

Just because you have an Irish accent doesn't mean you're the next Conrad Mcgregor. Connor was a once in a generation sports figure, he can't be replicated.

Ian tried to push the envelope with the edgy shit talk and it really came back to bite him in the ass.

Another thing I noticed was that he tried to maintain the OTT Connor act even at gyms he was visiting, which led to all the evictions. Connor stuck to his own gym and I bet when he visits other places, he's always a little more humble.

It's not just Ian though. Whenever you watch any Irish MMA cards, they're all doing dollar store Connor impressions.

He used the opposite of edgy trash talk, he literally virtue signalled about Neil Magny beating his kids and then whines and threatens people with legal action for speaking negatively about his granny sugarmommy. Also just by being irish, people are going to default to assuming you’re trying to be like mcgregor if you act cocky and confident.

many young irish upcoming fighters wants to be Conor, just for his success

they all want to be as rich and successful

This thread is a damn dumpster fire!!

(you better get that joke, Sherbro...)

Back