Any other Irish fans that disapprove of Conor?

I ain't Irish.

My co-worker, an Irish expat, says her friends think Conor is hilarious and worth going to Vegas to see fight. An Irish American at my MMA gym thinks Conor is an arrogant jackass.

At the end of the day, the public loves someone who is sharp on the mic and can back up their words. Been that way forever.

Reminds me of casuals who can't name 5 current fighters saying things like "I wish Conor would shut up and just fight".

He's winning MMA. He's more prestigious than the UFC, he makes more money than anyone in the game, and has walked the walk. But he needs to do it differently?

You think he needs to be humbled? For what? Is he not happy? Is his family sad? Is he not a good fighter?

Or does Conor's humbling serve your pleasure?

I think me and @wilKO kind of feel vaguely similarly. All the bus carry on and the jumping into the cage stuff...even the mayweather fight was all bollocks as far as I'm concerned. That said I'm happy he's back and I hope he somehow pulls out a win against what is the absolute toughest possible opponent.

Yeah. In the real world I hope he loses. He's annoying. On sherdog I hope he wins. I'm torn

Do you live in Northern or Repiblic of Ireland? If not, you're not Irish.

Owning a Dropkick Murphys album does not make you Irish.
Bullshit. Irish is a race of people, not a geographic boundary. We are all over the world. And a large amount of people inhabiting Northern Ireland are not Irish.

There's Ian McCall. Maybe the McCall clan and the McGregor clan had history back in the motherland...

the Mc thing in their names is scottish. most irish names start with O' something like Sinead O'Connor.

Bullshit. Irish is a race of people, not a geographic boundary. We are all over the world. And a large amount of people inhabiting Northern Ireland are not Irish.

In this context, if you've lived there several years and consider yourself Irish, you're Irish. Or if you have close family in Ireland and visit often, you're Irish.

I'm part Irish. Doesn't mean I'm representative of how Conor's countryman feel about him.

When TS asks about how the Irish feel about McGregor, I don't think he means the guy in Boston who goes to every Celtics game and gets hammered on St. Patrick's Day.

Being Irish isn't a Race it's a Nationality. If you weren't born in Ireland your Not Irish.

British people aren't a Race of people neither are the french or German or Italians. They are Nationalities.

Tests done on people all over the British isles, show that the English, Irish, Scots and Welsh are basically the same people bar the few exceptions.

The only people not born in Ireland who claim to be Irish are American people with Distant Irish Ancestors.

Half of the people who live in the UK have Irish relatives and ancestors. None of whom claim to be Irish.

You're 0% Irish.

Sincerely,

An Irish Person.
I met girl from Ireland at a bar in San Diego, I told her I have an Irish name but I'm all American. I refuse to fake that business.
'Murica

I myself and 50% Irish and I truly believe that Irish people(men especially) are friendly, hard work and like their drink BUT, I cannot help to think that McGregor needs to be humbled FOR HIS OWN GOOD.

I appreciate the fire and interest that his loud mouth has achieved but, at the end of the day, this persona ain’t worth squat in REAL life.

And all who say that his antics are just for show?
Ask yourself why he carry’s the arrogance into every endeavor he does.

I have said my peace and hope he gets pummeled but, accepts his loss correctly and LEARNS how to be great and humble at the same time.
I don't care for the arrogance with the money talk & a lot of his over the top shite but I like to watch the lad fight & I'd rather see him win in a battle then lose tbh.

If you have ever been fucked by an Irish man (or girl with strap-on) or if your woman has been fucked by an Irish (let's face it that's 95% of salty Sherdog bums) then YOU are Irish.

It's a scientific fact.

If the Irish had legalised abortion sooner Conor might not even be here.

I'm 1% Irish and I think McGregor gives leprechauns a bad name.

Being Irish isn't a Race it's a Nationality. If you weren't born in Ireland your Not Irish.

British people aren't a Race of people neither are the french or German or Italians. They are Nationalities.

Tests done on people all over the British isles, show that the English, Irish, Scots and Welsh are basically the same people bar the few exceptions.

The only people not born in Ireland who claim to be Irish are American people with Distant Irish Ancestors.

Half of the people who live in the UK have Irish relatives and ancestors. None of whom claim to be Irish.

A lot of this is false. DNA test can clearly distinguish between British, Italian, French, Dutch and German blood. British and Irish is a little trickier and most DNA test will lump them together in their general reports, but companies like 23andme distinguish between British and Irish blood in their more detailed reports on your test. And yes, Americans proudly proclaim small percents of their ancestral heritage, just like other people from post-colonial countries (Canada, Australia, etc), because it is engrained in our culture because during mass immigration in the 1800 and early 1900s, many large cities were divided by ethnicity, both geographically and culturally. And if you were mixed blood, you usually had to choose a side. For better or for worse, racially heritage has always “mattered” in this country.

Do you live in Northern or Repiblic of Ireland? If not, you're not Irish.

Try telling Caine Velasquez “if you don’t live in Mexico you’re not Mexican” and see what happens.

My name is Dietrich, I speak some German. My mother was born in Germany and she speaks German and I've spent most of my life in England so I am English. 0% anything else.

Back