Media Anthony Smith Submits Vitor Petrino GIFS

People have convinced themselves Smith sucks because they don't like him.

Meanwhile Petrino has big muscles and has KOed a few cans which always gets the mouth breathers thinking future GOAT.

Put them together and you get those odds.

I don't think Smith sucks but he has looked lifeless out there a few times lately, like he didn't even want to be in the cage.

A meth head with a wrestling background is a hell of a combination to corral partner.

Fun story. The worst go I have ever had with a patient was a 125 lb guy on Meth who also had a seizure and woke up. He was 18-19. Had 4-5 of us (all big dudes) trying to hold him down and tie him down with leathers. I have a MA/BJJ background and so did one of the other dudes. It was like wrestling a tiny bull. Every single one of us was over 200. Kid gave 0 fucks and was slippery as a fish.

Meanwhile I’ve subdued dudes bigger than me uneventfully. Go figure.

This fight was so hilarious. The crowd was so quiet afterwards.

Fun story. The worst go I have ever had with a patient was a 125 lb guy on Meth who also had a seizure and woke up. He was 18-19. Had 4-5 of us (all big dudes) trying to hold him down and tie him down with leathers. I have a MA/BJJ background and so did one of the other dudes. It was like wrestling a tiny bull. Every single one of us was over 200. Kid gave 0 fucks and was slippery as a fish.

Meanwhile I’ve subdued dudes bigger than me uneventfully. Go figure.

It's so stupid when people talk like Anthony got his ass kicked by the home invader. Anthony beat the shit out of this dude and held him down till authorities got there. Like, wtf? People are so delusional with their hate for Anthony.

he deserved a POTN bonus for this win.

Maybe he can beat Alex by submission afterall.
I like Alex, but I thought of this right after the submission. Everybody said that call out was AI generated, i never bothered to find out if it was fake or not?

It's so stupid when people talk like Anthony got his ass kicked by the home invader. Anthony beat the shit out of this dude and held him down till authorities got there. Like, wtf? People are so delusional with their hate for Anthony.
Most of them are Jon Jones fans, are you surprised motherfucker?

Most of them are Jon Jones fans, are you surprised motherfucker?

No they aren't Jon Jones fans, these last have no reason to hate Anthony in view that their boy has beat him effortlessly.

Peoples just Anthony because "he talk too much". Honestly I don't think that he's such a loud mouth but it seems that others think otherwise.

I like Alex, but I thought of this right after the submission. Everybody said that call out was AI generated, i never bothered to find out if it was fake or not?
The video of him making the challenge in English was edited with AI, but Pereira did actually make the challenge in some podcast/interview type thing, he just did so in Portugese.

One of the best examples of bad fight IQ I’ve seen in years. Gave him the neck, if that wasn’t bad enough he literally hoisted Anthony above his hips to complete the takedown, allowing Anthony to secure the submission even further.

Props to Anthony Smith, he capitalised and got the job done. But jeez that other guy really didn’t do himself any favours.

Reactions: mkt
When Anthony turned with him on the ground, he's thinking nope you're getting strangled. Good to see Anthony back in the win column.

Not sure why so many shit on Smith. He’s rarely in a boring fight and learned all his skills on the fly without any real martial art background. A true underdog type story.
He reminds of Forrest Griffin in some ways. Similar size, Forrest had no martial arts/boxing/wrestling background either. He was just a good high school football player and college campus cop who started training at a local MMA gym and had a good work ethic. Their personalities are pretty different, though. Smith says bizarre/cringe things at times while Forrest was more down home and sometimes goofy.

Forrest was also wily and well-rounded enough to capitalize on a bad Fight IQ or similar opportunity, like the time he submitted an exhausted Shogun.

Petrinos best shot was standing...so he shoots for a TD and puts his neck out, not good IQ from him at all.

Back