Media Anthony Smith tired of rising prospects calling him out, "I refuse to be the new Neil Magny"

Smith has this strange idea that he's in this upper echelon of LHW/UFC. Fighting for a title and losing doesn't make you this guy who can turn down challengers. You're in this position because you've constantly been beaten by guys coming up. When he ran through Shogun and Rashad did he think to himself "Oh, wow Shogun and Rashad are fighting me because they respect me", no it's because UFC wanted to build your name off these legends. Smith isn't special, if you stay long enough you will be made to let younger fighters build their name off yours. That's the reality
Other than Volkan.. does he have a single top 10 LHW win in the UFC?

Maybe Gus who was only collecting paychecks and had no business being ranked.

Smith talks like he is on a 40 fight win streak and at least 15 title defenses in there, he never talks in reality. He's got his ass whooped so many times at WW, MW and LHW, he just isn't that good. Magny would probably beat him as well if he was still WW.

Smith talks like he is on a 40 fight win streak and at least 15 title defenses in there, he never talks in reality. He's got his ass whooped so many times at WW, MW and LHW, he just isn't that good. Magny would probably beat him as well if he was still WW.
Agreed.
Even when you were on your 127 street fight win streak you were much more humble about it than Anthony Smith, who gets his ass kicked all the time

When guys are coming up, it's usually been the case, especially inside the rankings, that you don't get paired up with higher guys also on high momentum winning streaks. You either get paired up with other high momentum guys who are low like yourself, or the higher guys with no momentum. Anthony keeps getting called out because he keeps having no momentum.

Getting called out is par for the course in his position, really

He IS Neil Magny though. 35 years old vs 36. Magny actually has a higher career win percentage 66% vs 72%. Magny is 2-2 in his last 4 and Smith is 1-3. Rankings are similar and Magny fights in a significantly more talented weight class. Anthony Smith is a "Welcome" doormat. For home intruders AND fringe top 20 guys at LHW. No need at all for him to speak of another fighter negatively. His pathetic superiority complex defense is wafer-thin.

“If your favorite fighter isn’t already in the top 10, he won’t be until I’m gone,” Smith said. “F*cking like it or not, that’s just the life that we live in right now. I’ve got a career plan with where I’m headed and it starts with shutting these young guys up, and then we’ll go to the next one. …My plan, when this is all done, is to not have another young guy open his f*cking mouth with my name in it again.”

Anthony Smith #8 vs Johnny Walker #11 - Winner Johnny Walker
Anthony Smith #8 vs Khalil Roundtree #11 - Winner Khalil Roundtree

Last edited:
Hahaha yeah it was immature, i admit it...

at first i went with it cause it rhymed but then i actually envisioned a panting lion laying down resting and letting a lazy fart go, which is similar to the underwhelming feeling i get whenever I watch Anthony smith fight.

Classic passive aggressive stoned Lemur post. Dude is a complete turd and you guys don’t get that he’s flirting with you all when he goes around talking like a middle aged woman

Agreed.
Even when you were on your 127 street fight win streak you were much more humble about it than Anthony Smith, who gets his ass kicked all the time
True, I've been known to have a deadly punch

ddd3lib5i6db1.gif

Greatest wins of Anthony Smith:

- Gus after his 3rd retirement and going to a 0-4 skid

- Hector Lombard, ex welterweight at age 38, 2 foot shorter, 9 fights without win

- Rashad Evans at 38, at a 0-5 skid

- Shogun 10 years past prime
The level of delusion some of these guys get is unreal. Dude probably thought he was on level with multiple former champions and the guy that nearly beat Jon Jones. You can see how he can talk himself into believing he's one of the best MMA fighters, in ANY division, but it's pure delusion. Reality is he's about #15, perennially, in a weak division. Is not elite at anything. Dude is the same as a few hundred guys from the past 10 years that people barely remember. That's not a knock on him, getting that far is still great, but he isn't half as good/important as he thinks he is.

Outside of getting a title shot in a weak 205 division, Neil has had the better career. I don't see how his comment can be taken as anything but an insult. If I'm looking at it wrong, please educate me.

So who do you want to fight ? Just abolish your number. Or fight other ranked guys. 1-2 losses and no more top 15.

Kills guys long term health. Still thinking they are the guy who they used to be. There's only a few fun match ups to be had. There is no title contention. Performances dropped. 50 fights. 10 tko losses. Someone tell him. Top 15 is hard.

As someone once wisely said
"There's
alot of different ways to turn down a fight....."
and this is one of em
But he is fighting the guy at UFC 301??? How is accepting a fight one of the ways to turn down a fight???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back