Media Anthony Smith tired of rising prospects calling him out, "I refuse to be the new Neil Magny"

Pfff i refuse to be the new neil magny?

Mf you are the CURRENT ANTHONY SMITH LOLLL

Atleast Neil is leveling up, something i cant say about lionfart
A lot of people don't know the real reason Neil Magny lost the Ian Garry fight. Garry got into his head as everyone saw but they thought it was due to the Child Beater accusations. Privately Ian called Neil the "Black Anthony Smith".

Yeah, I'd rather be gatekeeper Neil Magny than "former title challenge" Anthony Smith

Anthony is pound for pound one of the most delusional/non self aware fighters ever. He needs Bisping to give him the Rogan/Schaub talk.

Not sure why Anthony insults Neil Magny like that. Maybe Neil Magny doesn't want to be the new Anthony Smith?
(Anthony: 1 win in last 4. Neil: 2 wins in last 4).

Its funny hes doing the same shit to Neil Magny he bitches about people doing to him.

Dude, you always been in same level as Magny .

Magny has a way better resume than Anthony Smith. It isn't even close. And in a much tougher division.

I don't know how this guy got so much publicity and a job commentating.
The last time Neil Magny lost twice in a row was in 2013.

The last time Anthony Smith lost twice in a row was between 2022-2023 and he went 1-2 in last year. No idea where a guy who lost to Johnny Walker gets off dissing Magny like that.

I actually like seeing Magny get fed to prospects but its because he's tough, in good shape, well rounded, and can adapt in the fight so he's a real test and can make for a fun fight. I like seeing Smith get fed because he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is and I wonder if this is the time he finally gets humbled.

It's like in his head this guy is one of the legends, a grizzled vet and still a possible title contender, when in reality he has been the Neil Magny of his division for a long time

Other than Volkan.. does he have a single top 10 LHW win in the UFC?

Maybe Gus who was only collecting paychecks and had no business being ranked.
Gus hadn't won a fight in two years when he lost to Smith

This thread makes me want to rewatch Glover vs Smith for the 17th time.

Gus hadn't won a fight in two years when he lost to Smith

This thread makes me want to rewatch Glover vs Smith for the 17th time.

Smith lost that fight but it was actually his most impressive performance hes had in years.

"I'm Jon Jones next victim"
Anthony Smith 2019

Anthony should be happy anyone is calling his name out at this point in his career. Sadly, he is denial that he is merely a shell of his younger self and his best years are behind him.
That denial is what bothers me so much when he’s talking shit about people that have nothing to do with him, on the surface. And he doesn’t do it to give praise that I’ve really noticed in here. Mostly to shit on people.

Having active fighters doing tv work like this is stupid. They have their teammates, or friends that they defend unto death. Even when they retire from fighting. They still have those allegiances. From DC at 217 where I first really notice how completely biased, and unprofessional he was. He was all.. “Thug Rose Thug Rose Thug Rose” and later during the ME.. “GSP is back. And he’s fighting my man, Michael Bisping”. Then most recently for the Umar fight, and going on about what he was calling his “finish”.

In real sports leagues, and competitions. The people on camera have to be neutral. Of course it’s not always 50/50 down the middle for various reasons. Usually feel good stories, and underdogs. Like at the ‘88 Winter Olympics in Calgary. There was Eddie The Eagle, and the Jamaican Bobsled Team. But the commentators don’t just make shit up in real time to make viewers wonder if they’re watching the same event, as I am.

I’m sick of the unprofessionalism on UFC broadcasts, and/or in related print, etc.

When he ran through Shogun and Rashad did he think to himself "Oh, wow Shogun and Rashad are fighting me because they respect me", no it's because UFC wanted to build your name off these legends. Smith isn't special, if you stay long enough you will be made to let younger fighters build their name off yours. That's the reality
Or maybe because he went he distance with Jones (who still won a UD after getting 2 points deducted, lol). Of course this was during a period when Jones won 7 out of 8 fights by decision (and another finish NC'd due to a drug test). Not sure what happened to Jones but a lot of champs turn into decision machines (GSP, Aldo, etc.). Smith has the kind of build that typically gives Bones trouble (tall, lanky just like Jones--see Gustafsson and Reyes) but Jones still dominated him.

Back