Anthony Pettis: I Couldnt See Out of My Right Eye The Whole Time

Do you dumb fucks even know what an excuse is? Fucks sake man lmao you virgins won't be happy unless a fighter says something like, "He owns me. I had no business in the cage with him. That's it. I'm retiring." I swear...

Lol people saying Pettis should get guida or Diego Sanchez next? ppl gotta be trolling

i thought this thread was gonna be about his team being concerned for his health, him not being able to see from his eye and whatnot. And i thought "Wow, sherdog has grown". How mistaken was I...

Not because the eye remark, but I want to see a rematch because the first was an entertaining scrap.

Enough with the rematches. Even if he couldn't see out of his eye that's what can happen when you get punched. It's just a part of the game - you get beat up in this sport!

I I was sparring and was getting blasted to the body and naturally dropped my guard to cover my liver/ribs and got cracked hard because of it and someone asked me why it happened. The answer would be "I wasn't guarding my face because I was busy covering my body." That is an answer to WHY something happened.

Pettis said he went into defense mode after he lost vision in his eye, he didn't say "Well if my eye was fine I would have fucked him up" or anything like that.

Sure, you do get beat up in this sport, but there are reasons WHY you got beat up and it's far more interesting discussing the whys and hows instead of getting butthurt every time a fighter notes factors in the fight that cost them.

Do you not see the difference?

Don't tell us that you couldn't see out of your eye. If your eye was busted, we know you can't see. Also, if you say I couldn't see at all, don't immediately say you lost your peripheral vision.

:rolleyes: If he couldn't see out of one eye he clearly lost his depth perception and peripheral vision. You're nitpicking fucking wording.

You're taking statements out of context and bitching because of some personal shit you have against Pettis. I was amazed by RDA, didn't really have a dog in the fight but your butthurt is everything wrong with this forum.

Do you not see the difference?

Don't tell us that you couldn't see out of your eye. If your eye was busted, we know you can't see. Also, if you say I couldn't see at all, don't immediately say you lost your peripheral vision.

I mean.... unless you couldn't see our of your eye

If I was sparring and was getting blasted to the body and naturally dropped my guard to cover my liver/ribs and got cracked hard because of it and someone asked me why it happened. The answer would be "I wasn't guarding my face because I was busy covering my body." That is an answer to WHY something happened.

Pettis said he went into defense mode after he lost vision in his eye, he didn't say "Well if my eye was fine I would have fucked him up" or anything like that.

Sure, you do get beat up in this sport, but there are reasons WHY you got beat up and it's far more interesting discussing the whys and hows instead of getting butthurt every time a fighter notes factors in the fight that cost them.
The bolded part is why you're looking at this like a rational human being instead of whining about nonexistent whining.

Yes but not right away. Pettis should win two fights before he gets another shot. If RDA loses to Khabib then a rematch becomes less likely or a while.

"I couldn't see but no excuses!"

"The eye closed up on me but no excuses!"

"I didn't have any peripheral vision but no excuses!"

It would have been complete if he threw in the classic "not trying to take anything away from *insert name here* but *insert excuse here*

Me and my friends all called that excuse. Just knew it

Their is a clear line down the thread that spreads the Sherdoggers from the Shertards more clearly than ever. Pettis was just saying how it was - he got cracked by a legit punch and it fucked his vision up. It's like saying he got wobbled by a shot to the temple and couldn't get his footing right -- it's owning up to the fact that a guy landed a clean, legal shot and he fucking felt it and couldn't adjust.

No need to mock the man here or act like he's pulling a classic like the Ortiz cracked skull excuse, or the more modern day gold that is the Hendricks shitty-handwraps.

I hope Pettis lands an endorsement deal with Big Lots, and he will be able to see the savings. Pettis might only be able to see the savings out of his left eye though.

The bolded part is why you're looking at this like a rational human being instead of whining about nonexistent whining.

This forum is like listening to fat guys at BWW talk technique sometimes. I hate that fighters aren't allowed to weigh into why they lost. In other sports it's a huge deal, if a WR twists his ankle and they ask him why he missed the catch and why he looked off the whole game he would respond "I twisted my ankle and I wasn't able to put pressure on it."

And sensible fans would go "Oh damn, that would definitely impact how things went!" and go about their day.

It was pretty obvious, he got hit by literally the most telegraphed left overhand, didn't move one inch until it hit him square in the right side of the face.

I would like to see a rematch, but I would also love to see Pettis tekken some lower level competition up til a new shot.

vs. the Winner of Khabib-Cerrone ????? Lmao shertards

Ugh it really sucks and just isn't fair when fighters lose due to a strike that was thrown in the fight.

Their is a clear line down the thread that spreads the Sherdoggers from the Shertards more clearly than ever. Pettis was just saying how it was - he got cracked by a legit punch and it fucked his vision up. It's like saying he got wobbled by a shot to the temple and couldn't get his footing right -- it's owning up to the fact that a guy landed a clean, legal shot and he fucking felt it and couldn't adjust.

No need to mock the man here or act like he's pulling a classic like the Ortiz cracked skull excuse, or the more modern day gold that is the Hendricks shitty-handwraps.

this

Back