ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anthony-Pettis.png

"I couldn't see but no excuses!"

"The eye closed up on me but no excuses!"

"I didn't have any peripheral vision but no excuses!"

It would have been complete if he threw in the classic "not trying to take anything away from *insert name here* but *insert excuse here*

How are you gonna say "no excuses" immediately after making an excuse?

Pettis can get back in line.

Win two fights, then we'll talk about a title shot.

Give him Guida again.

Also, that face Pettis is making in the picture has "SHOOP ME" written all over it

He'll be champ again at some point.
The guy is super talented and will definitely be back at the top.

People be fools to be writing him off after a bad night.

I'd like to see a rematch somewhere down the line but not an immediate rematch.

his eye closed up even though it was clearly open during the whole fight

Yes you got punched in the eye with a vicious shot.

He had the choice to quit, he didn't, so all this is doing is complementing RDA's power.

Vicious beatdown in the first round he put on Pettis.

still in awe a day later.

Should have used better striking defense.

Well you got hit in the eye initially, the fact that Dos Anjos landed a strike like that so early on says something, I like Pettis but Dos Anjos won and he lost, just go back to the drawing board and work on your flaws.

I was just thinking the same thing lol

EXACTLY HOW IN THE F is telling the truth an excuse now?

he didnt say he was injured prior to the fight or he was sick or anything. he said he got CAUGHT with a legit punch from a legit opponent and told the truth that his eye swole up it was very visible, he was telling his corner that from the beginning. thats not a FN excuse its the truth. would of it been a different fight? in my opinion no i feel it was RDAs fight and he would of beasted anyone tonight.

but still...pettis was a great champ and no doubt he will be back

Acknowledging that RDA blinded him with a punch is not making an excuse. If he said "the Vaseline got in my eyes before the fight and i couldnt see"...then that would be an excuse.

Why do nerds always want a fighter to say: i lost because i suck..

Acknowledging that RDA blinded him with a punch is not making an excuse. If he said "the Vaseline got in my eyes before the fight and i couldnt see"...then that would be an excuse.

this

Sir, I think the nerds want to hear- I got beat fair and square.

Yeah. But try getting that into the fatties head. :redface:

Back