Anthony Pettis: I Couldnt See Out of My Right Eye The Whole Time

Let him earn is rematch ... Another instant rematch would be a joke

And the only reason Faber lost his fight with Aldo is because he got crippled the first time Aldo leg kicked him. He's just an immobile zombie after that, no doubt Faber TKO's him in the rematch.

I'v already posted this in the thread but all that Rogan said to Pettis was
'what surprised you about RDA in this fight' n Pettis said yea man he hit me with the first punch of the night n i couldn't see the whole fight, no excuses'......

I personally thin it takes away from RDA's win a bit with a comment like that, basically acting like one punch to the eye cost him the fight

Isn't that true for a lot of fights? That's what happened to Sergio against Benoit. To be honest, the first two lefts Showtime ate from RDA pretty much set the tone of the fight.

He absorbed something like 90 punches in that fight :X poor Pettis

I was rooting for RDA.. But I voted Yes. Just because I was kind of disappointed with Showtime's performance, I expect their second fight will be much more awesome :)

Christ, how can so many of you guys be so stupid? You can tell who's never competed before by reading these comments. Not only don't you understand how important having a reason for losing is to a fighter, but then acting like the guy is some jer because he was confident beforehand. He was the champion! People don't seem to understand that an unconfident fighter is usually the losing fighter.

Rogan to fighter who loses by KO: Why do you think you lost the fight?

Fighter who was KO'ed: "The fighter threw a punch that landed and I got knocked out by it. Props to the winner. He was the man, tonight."

Several Sherdoggers: "OMG EXCUSES LMAO ROFLCOPTER PWNSAUCE!"

This.

A fighter just saying what happened in a fight doesn't mean they are "making excuses". I guess they should not say anything at all about their experience or they will be accused of "making excuses".

Listen Pettis made bendo say uncle in first round and gilbert tapped uncle in the second.Both never sub-bed before.Anthony will be top 3 for a very long time and i can see him gaining belt back ......even vs rda with an actual game plan.

Pettis was just stating a fact.

No rematch thanks.

I would like to see a rematch someday, but definitely not right now. RDA ran him over and Khabib/Cowboy is up next.

if you say the reason you lost or did poorly was because your opponent did something better than you, its not an excuse its the cause of why you lost or did poorly. its not an excuse.

i.e. why did you lose?

because he caught me with a head kick and it was down hill from there.

now here is an excuse,

i.e. why did you lose?

because I didn't diet properly so i wasn't in good shape.

Cerrone:

"I felt like, maybe, something was wrong with Pettis. Like, he wasn't himself. Not answering any questions for him, but I just felt like that wasn't the Pettis that I fought. Something looked off to me the whole fight with him, so I'm sure he's going to go figure that out, come back even stronger.

Back