Anthony Joshua could jump into the UFC RIGHT NOW: hypothetical career

How do you guys think Joshua vs Stipe would play out under kickboxing rules? I'm a Stipe fan but I think Joshua gives him a lot of trouble.

Any heavyweight that can perform a simple ankle pic and game pretty much over.I don't understand this immediate boxing to MMA or MMA to boxing phenomenon.
I don't want to see Joshua make the walk to the octagon and within a few minutes - watch him get handed a pair of crutches so he can hobble into an awaiting ambulance..

I don't know where this belief that MMA fighters who don't grapple can't grapple comes from

Yes compared to top level MMA fighters Arlovski is primarily a striker. Would he double leg the shit out of a guy who has never wrestled a day in his life? You bet your ass he would

Overeem won the European ADCCs and you think he'd have to strike with Anthony Joshua?

If Joshua can stay upright yes he'd fuck up just about everyone. But he wouldn't be able to

Lmao. Pick any NFL player you want, they're getting taken down and owned by any top ten heavyweight. That's if they aren't KO'd standing. Don't buy into the A level athlete myth. At the highest level, skill rules. Just like any other sport.

Except AJ is the best HW boxer right now, not an NFL brute.No MMA fighter can hold a candle to him that department, with their mediocre to average striking. Plus an A-level athlete who hits like a truck. In the stand up he'll kill every single UFC HW without a sweat.

How do you guys think Joshua vs Stipe would play out under kickboxing rules? I'm a Stipe fan but I think Joshua gives him a lot of trouble.

Joshua puts him in a body bag in the first round.

If Ngannou and others can get away from USADA, then AJ can as well.

Joshua puts him in a body bag in the first round.

Hahaha But Stipe can take a punch and has a solid clinch game. He would knee his body and head ala Overeem vs Teixeira.

I mean, following your 6-step program I guess it's possible. Anyone with half a brain is gonna shoot in 0.5 seconds though.

In fairness, MMA fighters don't seem to have great fight IQ except for a select few.

Joshua is just a big old lug. He's boring as fuck. Do you people ever watch him fight? Yeah he's got a good physique & is a good athlete. So what? HW in both sports is a complete joke. Joshua doesn't have visceral power either he's more of a technician.
Joshua is boring as fuck? All of his fights are knock outs?

Joshua would wipe him out in the first round in kick boxing. I mean absolutely wipe the floor with him. Not competitive imo

So? It's HW. Most fights are KOs. Did you see his last "fight" vs that step in jobber? It was embarrassing. And had a super suspect finish.

He's just a big lumbering oaf, I don't see what the big deal is.
Takam isn't a jobber and was a late replacement. So I wouldn't go off of that. But yes it wasn't very impressive.

Exactly. It's heavyweight..

I'd be impressed with a 20-0 record in boxing having unified the titles after only being pro 5 years. Seems pretty impressive to me.

The Anthony Joshua hype is unreal. Let him win the lineal title and defend it a couple of times before we act like he's the second coming of Rocky Marciano.

brock vs ngannou -> ngannou wins
ngannou vs fedor -> ngannou wins

I dont believe in these two, and i like Ngannou way more than Lesnar lol

Also depend wich Fedor... current yes, but not much achievement sadly. Prime? Prime Fedor give Francis the beating of his life

I dont believe in these two, and i like Ngannou way more than Lesnar lol

Also depend wich Fedor... current yes, but not much achievement sadly. Prime? Prime Fedor give Francis the beating of his life

ngannou is the strongest, the most intelligent, the most handsome and most well rounded fighter.

prime fedor

Joshua would wipe him out in the first round in kick boxing. I mean absolutely wipe the floor with him. Not competitive imo

I would bet my money on Joshua too but I'm not writing off Stipe completely... he may last more than one round on pure toughness

I heard Mark Hunt will be on Parker's corner for the Joshua fight. How do you think prime Hunt could do against Joshua in a 3 round kickboxing fight?

I think he's got an amazing puncher's chance vs anyone but if he doesn't ko Arlovski or Reem in 30 seconds they tear him apart that early. Those guys haven't stayed in the top ten for years because they don't know grappling. Apart from that we'd need to see how his wrestling goes some guys are naturals like gsp, and some never really show promise hunt still terrible at wrestling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back