Anthony Joshua could jump into the UFC RIGHT NOW: hypothetical career

This is ridiculous. He would get subbed, KO'd, whatever in MMA by even low level local talent guys. Just look at Rico's MMA bout - he is a much overall better striker than Joshua but was getting lit up on the feet by a jobber without those big gloves and ruleset to protect him. Rico eventually only won because he panic wrestled. MMA striking us so different, it to mention the fight does not get restarted at the clinch. Also see MMA fighter Jeremy Jackson sparring vs Lennox Lewis, who is Joshua but better, and watch him rag doll the fuck out of the much larger Lewis, even when Lewis tried fighting back.

Local guys are not fucking up AJ. He would kill them.

What sparring video are you fucking talking about? When did this imaginary thing happen?

Local guys are not fucking up AJ. He would kill them.

What sparring video are you fucking talking about? When did this imaginary thing happen?
Rico Verhoeven - you know, the greatest kickboxer alive today?

I heard Mark Hunt will be on Parker's corner for the Joshua fight. How do you think prime Hunt could do against Joshua in a 3 round kickboxing fight?
Honestly I think AJ destroys hunt I'm a big fan of both and can't see many if any stand up fighters giving him much trouble. there are exceptions obviously.

Honestly I think AJ destroys hunt I'm a big fan of both and can't see many if any stand up fighters giving him much trouble. there are exceptions obviously.

I favor Joshua against Hunt too because Hunt loves to brawl and that's what Joshua does best. I would favor him against the likes of Sefo and LeBanner too. But I know one guy who would fųck up AJ, it's the kickboxing monster of a man Semmy Schilt himself. He would jab, teep and body kick Joshua's liver till it shuts down.

Now thst is what you can achieve if you say your prayers, take your vitamins and drink your milk.

If Ngannou and others can get away from USADA, then AJ can as well.
To be fair he gets tested under Wada for every fight. Every champion and contender does. Hes jacked as fuck. Personally I don't think it's in his interests as a boxer and would like to see him slim down a little to preserve his gas tank. Which I personally see as his only flaw at present.

I favor Joshua against Hunt too because Hunt loves to brawl and that's what Joshua does best. I would favor him against the likes of Sefo and LeBanner too. But I know one guy who would fųck up AJ, it's the kickboxing monster of a man Semmy Schilt himself. He would jab, teep and body kick Joshua's liver till it shuts down.
I think it comes down to levels again. And even though hunt is Samoan he isn't exactly a good athlete. As has been said before the depth to the HW division in boxing although lower in quality than what it used to be (it's really making a comeback now, and as mma fans people should be interested in it again) it's still much much deeper than mma and kick boxing. Klitchko was champion for years and was a professional kick boxer. He stayed in boxing for the money.

The difference in depth of talent is levels apart.

Joshua is a world class athlete levels above both stipe and way more levels above hunt.

To be fair he gets tested under Wada for every fight. Every champion and contender does. Hes jacked as fuck. Personally I don't think it's in his interests as a boxer and would like to see him slim down a little to preserve his gas tank. Which I personally see as his only flaw at present.

My thoughts exactly, he does seem a bit musclebound. I'd love to see him slim down a bit, to maximise speed/agility/stamina.

If he fights a guy who only wants to box with him, he’s all set

Outside of that, he would need to train quite a bit

My thoughts exactly, he does seem a bit musclebound. I'd love to see him slim down a bit, to maximise speed/agility/stamina.
It's his only flaw. Obviously technique can always improve. Think I saw roach say the same thing. Be interesting if they worked together.

People should watch this kids fights but before watching realise that even Mike Tyson didn't win a title in his 15th fight. The dude needs marketing to an American audience and he'd be a mega star.

In the UK he sold 500k ppvs. This aint America. 500k.. He sold out an 80k capacity stadium.

JDS, Hunt, Arlovski, and Overeem all take him down and submit him in his first two years of grappling. Just because they don't try those techniques in the cage doesn't mean they don't practice them, it just means they recognize their striking is their long suit against most UFC heavyweights. Against Joshua their grappling is golden, and they'd all know it and use it accordingly.

Takedown defense takes several years to develop; once he has that he can beat those four, but that's a few years away.
Im not so sure, joshua is already a master at one of tdds best weapons...distance.

If he can add a sprawl on the back of that mixed in with boxing off the scrambles he could be lethal asf.

I think it comes down to levels again. And even though hunt is Samoan he isn't exactly a good athlete. As has been said before the depth to the HW division in boxing although lower in quality than what it used to be (it's really making a comeback now, and as mma fans people should be interested in it again) it's still much much deeper than mma and kick boxing. Klitchko was champion for years and was a professional kick boxer. He stayed in boxing for the money.

The difference in depth of talent is levels apart.

Joshua is a world class athlete levels above both stipe and way more levels above hunt.

Agree about Joshua that he is the better 'athlete' and it has never been a secret that the talent pool is deeper in boxing than in kickboxing and mma because of many reasons. At the end of the day TBH I don't care that much about athleticism. This is our combat sports world. We can't force kids like Lebron James or Usain Bolt to do muay thai or MMA. These sports are for tough men not athletic men. Boxing and MMA legends grow from poverty and passion after all. In school it was the same, the strongest and most handsome guys sucked at fighting or to better put it: didn't like getting punched in the face

Agree about Joshua that he is the better 'athlete' and it has never been a secret that the talent pool is deeper in boxing than in kickboxing and mma because of many reasons. At the end of the day TBH I don't care that much about athleticism. This is our combat sports world. We can't force kids like Lebron James or Usain Bolt to do muay thai or MMA. These sports are for tough men not athletic men. Boxing and MMA legends grow from poverty and passion after all. In school it was the same, the strongest and most handsome guys sucked at fighting or to better put it: didn't like getting punched in the face

Obviously athleticism is not the be all and end all of fighting, and there are numerous examples (even in boxing) of elite fighters that are not particularly athletic.

But you can't overlook how important athleticism is and how far it can take you.

Look at Roy Jones. He was an insane athlete, with unreal speed for his size, and agility and power. Yet he was not the craftiest or toughest or most well schooled boxer, and when his athleticism faded, his overall fighting ability nosedived.

Contrast that with Hopkins and Floyd who relied more on skill and craft than athleticism, and as such managed to still be top tier elite fighters when their athleticism waned.

Pacquiao is another example of a guy who became an elite fighter mainly through athleticism, having an unbelievable combination of speed, power, agility, workrate, and stamina. So much so it just overwhelmed people - even more experienced, better schooled boxers like Barrera, and of course much bigger guys when he moved up in weight.

Unlike Roy, Pacquiao did gradually become way more crafty and skilled though, and even when he slowed down, was still boxing the shit out of solid fighters like Bradley.

Why would someone earning millions of pounds quit to fight for 3.5k Reebok sponsor money
{<huh}

@FlowchartRog agree with everything you said. Physical condition is important and might determine the outcome of a fight. No doubt. Just look at Wilder and Joshua dominating at HW even though there are technically much more sound boxers. Tyron Woodley does something similar in MMA. He is never the best grappler or the best striker but he dictates where the fight takes place with his strength.

yeah, he should totally do it !
i mean, imagine all the money he would make... from the fight bonus alone !!!!

fking idiots, ufc is fun and great but its a baby organisation in a relatively new and unorganised sport.

as for competition and ufcs incredibly amazing antidoping procedure.. ffs you guys *hides face*

Honestly, with a year's worth of training MMA and wrestling, he could very well become a contender relatively quick. I would pick him to beat up Ngannou pretty easily, lol.

Back