Anthony Joshua could jump into the UFC RIGHT NOW: hypothetical career

JDS, Hunt, Arlovski, and Overeem all take him down and submit him in his first two years of grappling. Just because they don't try those techniques in the cage doesn't mean they don't practice them, it just means they recognize their striking is their long suit against most UFC heavyweights. Against Joshua their grappling is golden, and they'd all know it and use it accordingly.

Takedown defense takes several years to develop; once he has that he can beat those four, but that's a few years away.
what do you mean?

woodley says he will have floyds mma game good to go soon

Someone Like Blaydes would just take him down and wear him out exactly like Stipe did to Ngannou. And if anyone thinks differently you are deluded.

giphy.gif

what do you mean?

woodley says he will have floyds mma game good to go soon
This is the point.

What would people rather?

Learn mma from Tyrone Woodley or learn boxing from Floyd mayweather?

Lmao. Pick any NFL player you want, they're getting taken down and owned by any top ten heavyweight. That's if they aren't KO'd standing. Don't buy into the A level athlete myth. At the highest level, skill rules. Just like any other sport.
you mean like lesnar did?
winning the title in 3 fights?
cmon man heavy weight aint all that great

you mean like lesnar did?
winning the title in 3 fights?
cmon man heavy weight aint all that great
The D1 wrestler?
Who the UFC lit a fuse under?

They're the greatest fighters on the planet at that weight, that's for sure. You could say heavyweight boxing is weak, too

So he would pass the tests but is a juicer, is what you're saying?

No, I'm saying he isn't juicing. My point is if the olympics didn't catch him for anything then he's either clean or doing some real underground stuff nobody knows about.

If Anthony Joshua is considering a career change he should consider being a fucking linebacker

No, I'm saying he isn't juicing. My point is if the olympics didn't catch him for anything then he's either clean or doing some real underground stuff nobody knows about.
..... Do you honestly think Olympians are clean?

Fight #1 - Humiliated and TKO'd by Timothy Johnson.

Fight #2 - Back to boxing.

Lol, even Paul Buentello would out wrestle Joshua. Same with Black Beast and everyone else. Don’t think that the proud so called strikers would hold on to their reputation and stand with him. Look at Black Beast, the once slugger and head hunter suddenly got turned into a high kicking Cinderella vs Hunt

are there vids of him kicking and shit?

There are levels. Anthony Joshua is on his way to becoming not just an all time great boxer but athlete. What he has achieved in such a short period of time is remarkable. He is a physical specimen also which to me give him a year of tdd and he'd be ready to go. The guy also used to train kicks and has a checkered past as gangster. Usually that wouldn't make any difference except that he was game for any type of fight. He's now turned himself into the best heavy weight boxer in the world.

I'm not shitting on mma but there are levels to athletes and at heavy weight there's an even bigger disparity in mma which basically gets the left overs.

This.

This era is truly the boxing era of MMA.

What do Conor, Stipe, and Cody have in common? All amateur boxers at scrub (regional) level who have dominated almost everyone they faced with basic amateur boxing + TDD. Not to mention various elite MMA fighters who may not have a boxing background, but have gone to great lengths to improve their boxing and use it to great effect.

If scrub level amateur boxers can do it, just imagine what a prime elite boxer like Joshua could do? Not only do boxers hit MUCH harder, but given the talent pool in boxing, elite boxers are generally much better athletes than elite MMA fighters. The difference in speed, power and stamina between top boxers and mma fighters is astronomical, and that's not even going into chin, defence, fight IQ.

If a total scrub wannabe boxer like Ngannou can get a title shot with nothing more than a hard punch, the idea that an elite boxer like Joshua would get taken out at regional MMA level is too absurd to even respond to.

And I agree, I'm not shitting on MMA either - I love MMA and watch as much of it as boxing - but so many MMA fans are absurdly insecure, too blind and insecure to see that given some solid training a prime elite boxer would do ridiculously well in MMA.

Last edited:
So Tyson Fury can get out of the way of Klitschko's fabulous body; but under mma rules a top 10 mma fighter couldn't work out how not to receive significant strikes from Tony noname?

Only elite level athletes like Travis Browne and Brendan Schaub can do well in the UFC heavyweight division within a short space of time after taking up MMA in their mid twenties with no prior combat sport experience. Clearly someone like Joshua would have no chance of succeeding lol.

Seriously though, Travis Browne is a perfect example. A failed basketball player who took up MMA at 27 with no prior combat sport experience what so ever. Within less than a year he was a pro who put together a winning record that got him signed by the UFC where he was a top contender. He beat Sturve inside a round and Sturve has a win over Stipe which should tell you everything.

MMA heavyweights are low level athletes so the idea that someone like Joshua, who is an elite level athlete, a natural fighter and already an Olympic gold medalist and World Champion in a key area of MMA, would need years of training to be successful is laughable.

We've just seen a 30 odd year-old nightclub bouncer who only recently took up MMA go on a winning streak, get hyped as the next big thing and get a shot at the title within a handful of fights. Where he went 5 rounds with the reigning champ despite gassing out within 2 minutes.

Some of you guys are seriously lacking perspective and understanding on this.

This exactly, very well said.

Like I said before, for some weird reason many MMA fans become all insecure about boxing, so much so it blinds them to the blatant truth you just told - big semi athletic guys with no combat experience have managed to become top UFC fighters, so the idea that someone with Joshua's ability and credentials couldn't is laughable.

Back