Anderson Silva fires back GSP quotes on his fight against Weidman

while not fighting Jon Jones who for nearly a year said he was open to fighting Silva.

JBJ is Silva's friend don't you know , they BFF since Jones won the belt .

That's not true. It's not the standard case of a fighter simply answering a reporters question. GSP has been bringing up weidman every time the media brings up anderson.

"so how do you think you match up against anderson?"

"well, it doesn't matter because I KNOW weidman is going to finish him"

It's a cop out.

Would you rather he just lie like Silva does when asked about Jones?

JBJ is Silva's friend don't you know , they BFF since Jones won the belt .

They became Best buds when Jones became a possible opponent. Conveniently Silva isn't friends with any of the unranked semi retired LHW.

Would you rather he just lie like Silva does when asked about Jones?

no, I just call a spade a spade. GSP wants nothing to do with anderson, he has indirectly made that very clear. I simply would respect him more if he was direct about it (don't misinterpret that and think I don't respect him because he won't fight anderson).

This "weidman will finish him" line is a cop out imo, and one that gsp has been actively promoting so as to avoid questions about fighting silva, as opposed to simply bringing up in response to questions.

GSP sounds to me like he's thinking out loud. It may Be that Weidman is actually as good as the hype suggests. Or, it could also be that GSP's endorsement of Weidman is a reflection of his desire to have someone derail a potential fight between him and Anderson.

no, I just call a spade a spade. GSP wants nothing to do with anderson, he has indirectly made that very clear. I simply would respect him more if he was direct about it (don't misinterpret that and think I don't respect him because he won't fight anderson).

This "weidman will finish him" line is a cop out imo, and one that gsp has been actively promoting so as to avoid questions about fighting silva, as opposed to simply bringing up in response to questions.

Fair enough but at the same time GSP has a fight booked already and his training parter is booked to fight Silva so the answer does make sense.

Fair enough but at the same time GSP has a fight booked already and his training parter is booked to fight Silva so the answer does make sense.

you're right, it does, but it does still seem out of character for gsp, leading me to believe there are ulterior motives.

So someone asks GSP who he thinks will win the fight, GSP answers Honestly, and that is embarrassing?

One of the greatest of all times opinion on how a fight will play out is embarrassing? Really? If A. Silva gives an opinion on the Machida/Bones fight will that also be embarrassing?

Look I don't hold it too much against gsp for not wanting to fight Anderson. However, at least Anderson admits that jones would beat him. Gsp just makes excuses and beats around the bush when asked if he would fight Anderson.

Besides if gsp thinks Weidman would beat Anderson, then why doesn't gsp try to fight him? Again, Anderson doesn't say anyone will beat jones and says he would lose to jones even. The difference is honesty.

while not fighting Jon Jones who for nearly a year said he was open to fighting Silva.

Except Silva also said he'd fight Jon Jones, but everyone kept moaning about Silva fighting Weidman.

He has/had the opportunity for JJ.

GSP gave his opinion, nothing wrong with it.

He is also on record as saying he cannot beat Jones.

The difference is GSP is propping up a friend in hopes that he legitimizes GSP's non-interest in fighting Silva.

Which is fine. Everyone gets scared. If I was GSP I wouldn't want to fight Silva. Nothing to gain.

Originally Posted by apostle

Little slow on the uptake, eh?

What it boils down to in GSP no fight Silva, Silva no fight Jones is that SILVA is honest about not wanting to fight Jones.

GSP - well....not so much.

GSP stated if AS wanted to fight him, they could fight at 170 no problem.

What it boils down to in GSP no fight Silva, Silva no fight Jones is that SILVA is honest about not wanting to fight Jones.

GSP - well....not so much.

That's not fair at all in my opinion. GSP has said on numerous occasions he'll fight Silva no problem at 170. Just because he's not sure about moving up to fight him I don't think is "dishonest". I think dishonest would be to claim he'll fight Silva and then simply not fight him. GSP to my knowledge hasn't done that yet. Silva has said though he wants both fights. So if he doesn't fight Jones...

Except Silva also said he'd fight Jon Jones, but everyone kept moaning about Silva fighting Weidman.

Yes but guys can see through BS. Anderson and GSP's.

GSP says he will fight Anderson and Anderson says he will fight Bones. But both set terms requiring the other guy to come down in weight and neither of them want to.

I don't get how we can accuse a champion of ducking someone just because they don't want to move up in weight. A champion should be allowed to spend his career at his weight class if he chooses, what's wrong with that? Why should he be punished for staying where he is best at? .....in that case, did Marvin Hagler duck Michael Spinks?

Anderson Silva finally feedbacks someone. After GSP saying Weidman would shock the world by finishing Silva, the Spider answers him:

"Could you wonder what if I paid attention to what everyone says? People do what they have to do, what is the best for themselves. He (GSP) had the chance to fight me but he didn't want to. It's better a talking parrot than a legless turtle"

"I'm doing this since I was 8yo. There is nothing he can do that will surprise me. I've already faced a lot of things."

Source: UOL

Anderson still butthurt the GSP fight won't happen. Now he has to face a bigger guy (Jones). Anyway, GSP is obviously under his skin. Which is always good. :)

GSP makes predictions all the time for UFC Central and Sportsnet in Canada... The UFC just never airs it in the US and it doesn't make the news much on here unless a Canadian poster makes a thread about it it.

The one time one of his predictions has got around, everyone's making a big deal about how GSP's coming out and saying Weidman will win when pretty much before every event Sportsnet asks fighters who will win in the upcoming fights and GSP is generally one of their go to guys.

He makes predictions all the time. Him saying Weidman will win is really nothing special

Ahhh yes Sportsnet in Canada... You're right, he does make predictions on Joe Ferraro's show. I think he's usually just a little more diplomatic. However, he trains with Weidman so I can see the loyalty and he knows what the kid can do first hand so we'll see what happens. It's going to be a great fight either way!

I believe GSP said he would fight Silva if he moved down to 170 .. same thing Silva told Shogun a few years ago....

Funny how everyone gets on GSP, saying he is ducking or scared yet he is not the one calling people out or trying to goad them into a fight..

Yea, at this point anything GSP says about Silva is pretty much going to embarass himself only.
lol

He should be ashamed for predicting correctly! SHAME ON GSP!

I remember when Georges was talking about moving up to 205. Yeah, not 185, but all the way up to 205.

Now he's talking about there being no point in talking about a fight with Anderson because he knows Weidman will beat him.

I doubt even Georges fans buy his bs by now.

Apparently, GSP knew a hell of alot more than you did about this fight.

"The smaller fighter had the chance to fight me because I like easy fights, but he's a legless turtle...No, I won't be fighting Jon Jones because I am a huge hypocrite and I know I would end up with and elbow through my face and I only take easy fights at 205".

Christ, I hope Weidman mauls him just so I can collect the tears and laugh.

I hope your tear jar is full by now.

The sooner someone retires Anderson the better, hopefully Weidman can go full Takase on him. Take down, smother and submit.

Who needs a submissions when you can KTFO the 'God of Strikling' :icon_lol:

Weidman won't be able to handle Silva's striking!

Clearly, he had nothing for Anderson on the feet.

Good response by Anderson......GSP is a chicken shit.....and Weidman (UFC hype machine) is going to get masacred. Who do these guys think they are F$%king with here? This is Anderson Silva were talking about

Such a massacre.

Back