Anderson Out for 3-6 Months (UFC.com).

Does the rod stay in now for life?

If it doesn't, is his bone now weaker at the break?

When I had my rod screwed into my tibia they said if it ever bothers me they can remove it, if not they'll leave it. It never bothered me so I have it to this day.

And the bone becomes stronger at the break.

By "out", I assume you mean "unable to climb a flight of stairs".

Thanks bro.

It's okay though, Anderson fans. There's a nice support group on the forums. It's made of Nogueira, Fedor, Penn, Machida, Shogun, Edgar, and Overeem fans.

Welcome to the party. Acceptance is the first step.

God Bless you.... words of wisdom.

no-homo-and-give-a-bro-hug.png

he'll be walking in 3 months with no crutches.

Common sense tells us that's a devastating injury and Anderson is retiring for sure now. One of the best ever. End of discussion.

Looks like it was an easy break to repair and straightforward surgery (for this circumstance).

If he can walk again as normal and still play sport with his kids then I'd be happy.

So a stand up fighter broke his leg in a horrible fashion and people think he will be back in 3-6 months. Think how the recovery from this injury will impact his timing, foot work, strength, quickness. If, and that is a tremendous IF, Silva comes back it won't be 12-18 months.

I want him to retire though, nothing to prove.

So calm down until you have all the facts. People are acting like he lost his leg. Jesus. I'm sure he'll probably retire because he seems tired of the sport, but we'll see. It's hardly a career changing injury though.

tell that to corey hill - he walks with a limp now and will for the rest of his life -

What broken stuff did Frank Mir have from his motorcycle accident? He came back to TKO and submit Big Nog, submitted Brock Lesnar, Hardonk, Cheick.

It's 3-6 before the injury on average heals, and at Anderson's age it could take longer. This means he won't be training fully for up to half a year and possibly longer. Broken bones generally heal faster and better than something like a blown ACL but I would be very surprised if Anderson fights in 2014.

It's a blow to MMA, period. Good Luck Anderson.

Does the rod stay in now for life?

If it doesn't, is his bone now weaker at the break?

Who should he fight considering hes friends with, or beats anyone not named Chris Weidman?

Does he even want to come back and fight?

A bone should be stronger and thicker. joints and ligaments are a problem a bone shouldn't if it heals correctly. But it affects the fighter mentally and Anderson is old not sure he should come back.
He should with RJJ and retire

Well wishes to the spider. I had pretty much the same injury and it took about 8 months to fully recover.

Recovery times quoted by doctors is usually the time it takes for someone to get back to normal day to day activities, like walking well enough to go to the supermarket so they can buy food and feed themselves without having someone else help them. doesnt mean they are 100%.

they are not factoring in how long it takes for an elite athlete to get back into fighting shape or back to peak fighting shape, which could be never.

Word.

Anderson is a once in a lifetime type of dude.

Yeah, whether or not people think he is GOAT or not, I think everyone should agree that he brought to the table a unique fighting style and has had some of the most memorable fights in MMA, whether he lost or won.

Back