Anderson Out for 3-6 Months (UFC.com).

tell that to corey hill - he walks with a limp now and will for the rest of his life -

I live in Louisville, KY. Last year our team won the NCAA tournament and a guy name Kevin Ware broke his leg the exact same way, well it looked the same way anyway. He is back playing basketball for us right now.

Glad he's had an successful surgery.

He is done mentally I think, it's probably the end for him, he has nothing for Weidman and I can't see him fighting his friends Jacare, Machida.

Hate him or love him he's one of the greatest. Best of wishes.

6 months (plus however long it takes him to get back to match-fitness) is a long time for someone at Anderson's age. i don't think he'll return..

Good luck with the healing process Mr. Silva.

Return on your own terms and no one elses.

So calm down until you have all the facts. People are acting like he lost his leg. Jesus. I'm sure he'll probably retire because he seems tired of the sport, but we'll see. It's hardly a career changing injury though.

Good to see he had a lucky break.(pun intended) Figured that shit would take 1.5 years.

3-6 months = recovery time for walking, running and doing regular shit

Full recovery for Silva is kicking full force again. I doubt he'll be able to do that in 3-6 months.

What broken stuff did Frank Mir have from his motorcycle accident? He came back to TKO and submit Big Nog, submitted Brock Lesnar, Hardonk, Cheick.

A break in Mir's femur and tore ligaments in his knee, Mir didn't come back well though, look at the fights vs Cruz, Christain, Vera.. It took three years before Mir was back to 100%

Anderson is too old for that.

I know this is what they are saying, but I know first hand it is one hell of an injury to come back from. I wish him the best nevertheless, but I know how this goes. Good luck!!!

I broke my ankle one time...had cast where i couldn't put weight on(which he won't either I'm guessing). I was a gimp when I got that cast off 3 months later. I couldn't even walk. All your muscles shrink. Took a long time to recover. Even to this day there is some tenderness. Happened almost 10 years ago.

i dont beleive in this.. i myself had a leg injury (broken leg) when i was 16 and it took me a year to walk on my own..

Good to hear, I want to see Anderson back again before he rides off into the sunset.
This is all making me feel old.

that's actually relatively encouraging to hear about the break itself, it doesn't seem as serious as it looked on screen (I thought it was a compound fracture or something) - although if anyone here knows more about it feel free to correct me.

Personally I'm gutted that it happened this way but hats off to Weidman - he's definitely the man at MW now.

As for Andy's future I guess he needs to evaluate a few things - how much money he needs/wants vs health and declining legacy.

Get well soon Andy

A break in Mir's femur and tore ligaments in his knee, Mir didn't come back well though, look at the fights vs Cruz, Christain, Vera.. It took three years before Mir was back to 100%

Anderson is too old for that.

Mir was fat, depressed, and unmotivated when he first came back. It's amazing and inspirational that he got into top shape and he some solid finish wins afterwards.

I broke my ankle one time...had cast where i couldn't put weight on(which he won't either I'm guessing). I was a gimp when I got that cast off 3 months later. I couldn't even walk. All your muscles shrink. Took a long time to recover. Even to this day there is some tenderness. Happened almost 10 years ago.

yup it is true and it will take time to build those muscles again.. a guy like anderson who is a mma fighter needs atleast a year and a half to fight again

People are acting like he lost his leg.

No, they're acting like this happened

anderson-silva-broken-leg-ufc-168.jpg
He ain't kicking the pads in 6 months and he ain't gettin a fight scheduled next year if he doesn't retire which I think he will. Let the man relax a little ffs.

What a badass 3d: is TS so naive to believe that AS'll be more championship's material? :D
I'm calm, really calm.. AS will be a contender no more.

He is done either way. He wont beat Jacare, Machida or TRT Vitor. And he got beaten up by Weidman both fights and finished in 2 rounds. Can UFC feed people with another rematch BS? Surely not?

Back