Anderson Out for 3-6 Months (UFC.com).

Smart words from Mirko. I think in the UFC too many fighters do the opposite and fight their opponents where their opponents are strong without hesitation. To prove to themselves or the fighter infront of them or whomever theyre not afraid or mentally defeated or whatever... When its just about being smart. Like Tate or Cormier complaining after Mir fight how he shouldve fought him on the ground more. Why? to risk submission against a highlvl bjj fighter?

Most UFC fighters are out for 3-6 months without even getting injured.

As other people have said, it will be longer than 3-6 months before he is even able to train again. I had a very similar break to my arm when i was younger, and it takes months until even the cast can come off and when it does come off, the limb will be very skinny and weak for several more months. My arm was so skinny that i actually got weired out seeing it after the cast was removed.

I'd also imagine breaking a leg would be worse because you put all of your weight on your legs which isn't the case for an arm. It took longer than a year before i was fully recovered.

Even if he does heal up in 3-6 months which I find to be ridiculous. I am no doctor but I believe it would be closer to 8 months depending if there is ANY nerve damage. We know the cosmetic and bone damaged is repaired with a titanium rod and screws but if he starts training earlier he could re-damage the leg. I have heard a figure of 8 months if he hopes to regain the ability to kick. I have also read it will heal more strongly than if it were unbroken.

I'm hoping he NEVER fights again though. I would hate to see him go on a possible losing streak like Chuck did. He deserves to just stay retired and to never fight again. It's like Fedor's and Chuck's legacies will probably be remembered for their losses at the tail end of their careers instead of their careers as a whole since the whole "You're only as good as your last fight" mentality by fans would dictate he come back and fight again. I'm hoping he just stays retired.

Guy's fucked. Not that I mind, he was way too cocky anyway. If he comes back he won't ever be the same.

So calm down until you have all the facts. People are acting like he lost his leg. Jesus. I'm sure he'll probably retire because he seems tired of the sport, but we'll see. It's hardly a career changing injury though.

Are u being serious, u actually don't think it's a career changing injury? At 38 years old after being the most dominant fighter the the history of mma, you really don't think that an injury like that could change a career like that. Wow.

I think saying that Silva is out 3-6 months is kind of deceiving. He's out 3-6 months from doing any kind of trainig. Then he'll need 2-3 months to get back into basic shape then 2-3 months for an actual fight camp. He's basically out for a year.

Back