Anderson Out for 3-6 Months (UFC.com).

Toothlessjoe

INFOWARS STORE.COM
@Green
Reaction score
http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-168-statement-anderson-silva

"Following Saturday evening's UFC 168 main event, former champion Anderson Silva was taken to a local Las Vegas hospital where he underwent surgery to repair a broken left leg. The successful surgery, performed by Dr. Steven Sanders, the UFC's orthopedic surgeon, inserted an intramedullary rod into Anderson's left tibia. The broken fibula was stabilized and does not require a separate surgery. Anderson will remain in the hospital for a short while, but no additional surgery is scheduled at this time.

Recovery time for such injuries may vary between three and six months.

So calm down until you have all the facts. People are acting like he lost his leg. Jesus. I'm sure he'll probably retire because he seems tired of the sport, but we'll see. It's hardly a career changing injury though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hardly a career changing injury though.

Could be. You might never want to throw a leg kick again after that. Might affect his movement or willingness to put a lot of pressure/weight on that leg. Physically if it is fine, it might still mess with him mentally.

If he's really out for a few months he should have the fight with RJJ and retire afterward. Nothing left for him to prove in MMA and he won't be able mentally to kicks the same way

I know this is what they are saying, but I know first hand it is one hell of an injury to come back from. I wish him the best nevertheless, but I know how this goes. Good luck!!!

Wow. Something that gruesome only taking 3 to 6 months just sounds too good to be true.

That's a comforting thought, though. It was hard to watch.

Could be. You might never want to throw a leg kick again after that. Might affect his movement or willingness to put a lot of pressure/weight on that leg. Physically if it is fine, it might still mess with him mentally.

Definitely, it must play into the minds of people like Nog, GSP etc even after all the rehab.

I'd say one year, if he doesn't retire.

Does the rod stay in now for life?

If it doesn't, is his bone now weaker at the break?

Who should he fight considering hes friends with, or beats anyone not named Chris Weidman?

Does he even want to come back and fight?

So calm down until you have all the facts. People are acting like he lost his leg. Jesus. I'm sure he'll probably retire because he seems tired of the sport, but we'll see. It's hardly a career changing injury though.

Which means three to six months of no training and weeks or months of revalidation before he can even start to train again. So it can easily take a year or longer before he can fight again. He also isn't getting any younger..

That's til cast comes off and he can walk without crutches. The surrounding damage could take a lot longer to rehab and to get it to the point of being able to fight...

Not everybody was injured to the same extent/recovers the same dude, pretty ignorant topic.

Does the rod stay in now for life?

If it doesn't, is his bone now weaker at the break?

Who should he fight considering hes friends with, or beats anyone not named Chris Weidman?

Does he even want to come back and fight?

lol, yes the rod stays.

What a relief he had a successful surgery. I wish him a speedy recovery

Lol I didn't trust my repaired shoulder to do anything for 12 months after my reconstruction (and started back benching 6 kilo dumbbells each hand), dont know how these guys get back into fight shape so quickly.

Yea. No.

First off, "such injuries" is a little weird in the context of such a graphic injury and one which we've only seen once before in the octogon (in which case the recovery time was over a year before return to the ring).

An injury of that nature. To a multi-millionaire approaching 40. Yea, no, the recovery time is a lot longer than 3 months.

I hope he's on his feet in 3-6 months and I truly hope he's back to training and coaching in a year. But in terms of fighting? He should be done and I expect that he is.

Oh yeah, absolutely, physically speaking it's not going to threaten his career, I think he's mentally done though. Everyone else will be more confident when fighting him now and he'll be aware of that, he probably won't like throwing kicks etc.

If he doesn't retire now, I see two or three more fights, maybe more losses and then retirement.

Can't beat father time.

3-6 months to train or walk?

Regardless, a key to Anderson was being able to be 100% confident and almost playful in his stand-up. He WILL NOT be able to do that now.

It's okay though, Anderson fans. There's a nice support group on the forums. It's made of Nogueira, Fedor, Penn, Machida, Shogun, Edgar, and Overeem fans.

Welcome to the party. Acceptance is the first step.

Wow. Something that gruesome only taking 3 to 6 months just sounds too good to be true.

That's a comforting thought, though. It was hard to watch.

bones heal a lot faster and better than ligaments and tendons.

Back