Anderson destroyed Prime versions of Hendo, Vitor, Franklin 2X, & LHW Forrest in less than 2 rounds

Machida was great at the time, Vitor had just beaten Rumble before fighting Jon and went on to KO Rockhold, Hendo and Bisping afterwards, but yea not prime apparently.

Right, because fighting MWs when you've been fighting at MW for the last half decade is exactly like fighting the LHW GOAT when you have zero fights at LHW for the last half decade and zero relevant wins in that division for something like 8 years.

giphy.gif

And nah on Machida, the dude had zero relevant wins in the previous 2 years. His loss to Shogun ended his 16-0 Machida Era prime and began his 6-7 Reality Check. Good for Jon Jones being one of those 7 though I guess. Apparently to some people beating a guy who had zero relevant wins in the previous 2 years and was a desperation injury fill-in challenger is a sign of greatness.

How roided was he then? Once off the juice he can't beat anyone!

I miss the days when people would get infractions for accusing a fighter who never tested positive of using steroids.

Anderson tested positive. He's a user, and he's off any "greatest" lists. We know for a fact he's used so it calls his entire career into question. You may not like it but that's just how it is.

Weidman never tested positive, or displayed any qualities at all that suggested steroid use. In fact, he was often criticized for having poor cardio and not being that strong.

I'd suggest he started losing because he was fighting the very best guys and didn't handle the pressure well. Look at his fights. He didn't go from being superman to being human.

I suspect it's really, really important to you to think and say he was on steroids because he destroyed Anderson not once but twice.

Meh, Silva never "displayed any qualities at all that suggested steroid use" either. As he aged his previously high-output game slowed noticeably and he leaned ever harder on counters and on tricks and distractions to reduce the pace to something his aging system could keep up with.

Some goofy fuck wants to accuse him of being on stuff for fights in which he passed the same tests as his opponent I might point out that same opponent's record is divided SHARPLY between success and failure by USADA's entry on the scene. Past about the age of 32 Anderson was forced to change his approach to deal with his flagging physical abilities. Meanwhile some of his divisional mates seemed not only to maintain physicality, but even to become more powerful as they aged.

Maybe the likes of Hendricks and Weidman, who began losing hard when USADA set up shop, were on stuff and maybe they weren't, we don't know. Just like we don't know if Anderson was. Either way, whether he was on shit or not he finished admitted roidboi Chael twice and two of his other celebrated scalps were TRT bunnies Hendo and Vitor.

So even IF Anderson was using, shit was almost certainly a level playing field at worst for most of his greatest triumphs. The crybaby haters can question his greatness all they like, that only means they're flushing their cred down the sewers.

Last edited:
Forrest had been in the cage with all the best LHWs of the time, had beaten plenty of them and held the belt.

Even those top LHWs who did get him didn't have what it took to get him the way Anderson Silva got him. Anderson made the whole LHW division look like a joke the way he dismantled Forrest in a way none of them had been able to.

Anyone discrediting that performance by Silva is announcing they have zero credibility.

Fixed that for you bro.

So Shogun, the guy that nearly wrecked Machida in their first fight, when nobody could get any decent offense going and did get the KTFO award in the rematch still gets to use the injury excuse but we're going to act like Griffin deserves to be a serious name when beating a debuting Shogun is his biggest win? (and got smoked in the rematch) Same Griffin that barely beat a " "Please don't wrestle me" phase of his career." Rampage? Same Griffin that wanted no part of Jones and even admitted so himself?

I like Griffin despite the amount of crap I'm giving him, but you can't hold fighter A to some high regard for beating the same people fighter B gets no credit for.

The "goats" you're referring to were never under USADA and most weren't tested at all for years in Pride. Apples to oranges comparison.

What goats am I referring to ? I didn’t mention anyone in particular..... he’s been on steroids, it says it all that he was found out before usada even came along lol. And who mentioned pride ?? I think you’re trying to go off the subject.

What goats am I referring to ? I didn’t mention anyone in particular..... he’s been on steroids, it says it all that he was found out before usada even came along lol. And who mentioned pride ?? I think you’re trying to go off the subject.

Name your GOATS then we can talk.

He was so awful that he beat Rampage and Shogun...ok, let the excuses and rationalizations for those fights begin...

Lol shogun that came over out of shape and cocky..... Forrest took him to deep waters and rightfully won, the rampage fight was bs please. That rematch tells you everything , that’s why I said worst champion ever

Name your GOATS then we can talk.

George saint Pierre , fedor. Both were never associated with steroids, and yes fedor fought in pride but to this day has never been Linked to steroids, lol it’s not like wanderlei .... and declined the natural way a fighter does. You seem very sensitive about Silva using steroids which has been a known thing for a while

George saint Pierre , fedor. Both were never associated with steroids, and yes fedor fought in pride but to this day has never been Linked to steroids, lol it’s not like wanderlei .... and declined the natural way a fighter does. You seem very sensitive about Silva using steroids which has been a known thing for a while

First of all, get over yourself. Second, Fedor went for years without testing. When he was tested later, it wasn't under USADA. Plenty of fighters never tested positive for PEDs before USADA (Jones, Silva, JDS). That's exactly what I'm talking about. You're the one trying to change the subject, but it came back to bite you.

FEDOR beat:

1. Kevin Randleman in 1 minute and 33 seconds.
2. Mark Coleman 2 times first lasted 2 minutes 11 seconds and the second 1 minute 15 seconds.
3. Big Nog 2 times by decision
4. Tim Sylvia in 36 seconds
5. Arlovski in 3 minutes 14 seconds

Fedor was tested and never caught using PED's.
Anderson Silva caught using PED's.

Anderson was definitely a scary guy, even now well past his prime it still feels like he could potentially end any fight at any time with any move.

So Shogun, the guy that nearly wrecked Machida in their first fight, when nobody could get any decent offense going and did get the KTFO award in the rematch still gets to use the injury excuse but we're going to act like Griffin deserves to be a serious name when beating a debuting Shogun is his biggest win? (and got smoked in the rematch) Same Griffin that barely beat a " "Please don't wrestle me" phase of his career." Rampage? Same Griffin that wanted no part of Jones and even admitted so himself?

I like Griffin despite the amount of crap I'm giving him, but you can't hold fighter A to some high regard for beating the same people fighter B gets no credit for.

"Gets to use the injury excuse"? Lol. This isn't a defense of Shogun. There's no "excuse". There's only putting fights in context.

The Shogun that Forrest finished was 13-1 in the last 4 years, his only loss in that time a freak arm injury. Then Shogun gets knee surgery after that fight, and in his return is so shithouse he's almost embarrassed by Mark Coleman's fossilized remains. That showed the world how Shogun Rua looks when he's coming back from knee surgery. That showed the money enough to install Jon Jones as favourite over the legend the next time that legend was coming back from yet another knee surgery. Because the money isn't stupid enough to think "name" means shit in fighting. Isn't stupid enough to think being a "legend" means shit once the cage door shuts. You don't fight names. You fight human beings.

Fact is Anderson Silva went up 20 lbs and waxed the recent former LHW champion worse than any of that former LHW champion's "legendary" LHW opponents had managed to. Jon Jones has never even had what it took to test himself above his weight class yet, let alone rack up a victory against a recent former champion of the division above his own like Anderson did. Meanwhile Demetrious has 14 wins in the division above his weight class and you still have weirdos crushing on Jones so hard they act like Demetrious shouldn't even be in the p4p conversation, while Jones built his record in a division so abysmally shallow they had to feed him consecutive MWs, ONE OF WHOM WAS OFF A FUCKING LOSS.

giphy.gif

I mean, shit ... MW Anderson waxed Vitor, an established MW, in 3:25 while LHW Jones had to go all the way to the championship rounds to beat a Vitor who hadn't even been in the cage with a LHW opponent for HALF A FUCKING DECADE.

giphy.gif

But sure, tell me again how much greater Jon "2 PED Failures In His Prime" Jones is than Anderson "Didn't Fail A PED Test Until Well Past His Prime And His Damn Leg Fell Off" Silva.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
After losing to Anderson, Hendo was 6-4 in his past 10. Submitted twice.

I don't think he was ever considered 'almost unbeatable'.

Having said all that. Here's the best counter to the H-Bomb ever.

giphy.gif
Way to spin numbers to discredit Anderson idiot.

How about this?

Hendo went on to win 7 of his next 8 fights after the Anderson loss with wins against Franklin, Fedor, Bisping, Shogun, Palhares, Babalu, and Cavalcante.

First of all, get over yourself. Second, Fedor went for years without testing. When he was tested later, it wasn't under USADA. Plenty of fighters never tested positive for PEDs before USADA (Jones, Silva, JDS). That's exactly what I'm talking about. You're the one trying to change the subject, but it came back to bite you.

Lol get over by myself ..... yes he did fight there, it’s not his fault pride didn’t test, like I said has never been associated with steroids, you are trying to do that. Silva was known to be a steroid user, since like 2011 and usada came into the ufc in like 2015 I believe ..... what subject am I changing lol?you are too sensitive lol I think you’re getting your panties in a bunch settle down skeeter ...

We're talking about MW though, most of those losses were at LHW.

No way Dan was not a top ranked MW when Andy beat him.
Dan was still ranked among the best in the world at middleweight, but he lost his last MW bout before fighting Anderson.

"Gets to use the injury excuse"? Lol. This isn't a defense of Shogun. There's no "excuse". There's only putting fights in context.

put into context, considering Shogun had never fought in a cage prior to fighting Griffin, and immediately went on to have surgery following the Griffin fight it's far easier to say Shogun wasn't at his physical peak during that fight compared to the Jones bout.

Lets go ahead and look at those Silva wins at 205 while we're at it ..
James Irvin - mid tier not even gatekeeper worthy fighter that got popped for steroids following that bout.
Forrest Griffin - An 8 month long layoff after breaking his hand. Not trying to discredit either fighter, just laying out the facts.
Stephan Bonnar - A respectable gate keeper taking on the fight on short notice even though by his own admittance had unofficially retired prior to being offered to fight Silva.

Take into context that Vitor had spent more time at 205 at that point in his career than MW and only had 3 in the division including a catchweight bout between his debut with Terry Martin who's fought as big as HW, Matt Lindland career MW who fought as big as HW, and Rich Franklin who also spent more than half his career at LHW. Before fighting silva.

take into context that neither fighter tested positive during these respective runs so there's no need to bring those up.

In context, Mighty Mouse has nothing to do with the fighters being discussed so why bother bringing them up?

Has any other fighter destroyed prime versions of 4 former world champions (one former world champion twice) in less than 2 rounds more impressively than Anderson Silva did?

Thoughts?

Anderoid is a fraud. The Lance Armstrong of MMA

Has any other fighter destroyed prime versions of 4 former world champions (one former world champion twice) in less than 2 rounds more impressively than Anderson Silva did?

Thoughts?

Uhhh prime Vitor? Do you ever post shit that isn't completely nonsense?

Fuck, man. You're like clearly a troll in my mind but you probably think you are not in your mind.

Prime Hendo as well is also laughable.

Prime Forrest is also hilarious.

I give you a 1/10 for this troll thread but just to rub salt on your wound..

Hughes TWICE
Nick Diaz
BJ Penn
Matt Serra

He is possibly about to add number 5 if he beats Bisping, the guy that beat Anderson Silva not that long ago.

Playing your games are always fun, Toner.

Anderson's easiest fights were against his hardest opponents. Cote, Lutter, Leites, Sonnen all gave tougher fights.

Same with DJ. Benavidez and Cejudo were tooken out in under 3 minutes. Elliot and Bagautinov went the distance.

Anderoid is a fraud. The Lance Armstrong of MMA

Uhhh prime Vitor? Do you ever post shit that isn't completely nonsense?

Fuck, man. You're like clearly a troll in my mind but you probably think you are not in your mind.

Prime Hendo as well is also laughable.

Prime Forrest is also hilarious.

I give you a 1/10 for this troll thread but just to rub salt on your wound..

Hughes TWICE
Nick Diaz
BJ Penn
Matt Serra

He is possibly about to add number 5 if he beats Bisping, the guy that beat Anderson Silva not that long ago.

Playing your games are always fun, Toner.
Oh look, two of Sherdog's most delusional GSP dickriders are triggered :)

GSP is a fraud. GSP has the most overrated resume in MMA history filled with one dimensional fighters and LWs. GSP couldn't even finish a ham sandwich. GSP is the Lance Armstrong of MMA.

Anderson > GSP

Back