Anderson destroyed Prime versions of Hendo, Vitor, Franklin 2X, & LHW Forrest in less than 2 rounds

on steroids.......but seriously forrest should not be a win you should brag about and for the record hendo was old already
Don't be ridiculous, it was the fashion in which he dismantled Forrest that is lauded. And quite rightfully so.

At that time Henderson was a top MW and would've beaten almost anyone else except Anderson. Anderson bullied him and then finished him.

Forrest was on Xanax and had been KO'ed during training. He looked like dogshit that night, definitely not in his usual shape.

I think Silva would have taken him anyhow, but not that easily. Forrest proved himself a match for elite competition.

At that time Henderson was a top MW and would've beaten almost anyone else except Anderson. Anderson bullied him and then finished him.

After losing to Anderson, Hendo was 6-4 in his past 10. Submitted twice.

I don't think he was ever considered 'almost unbeatable'.

Having said all that. Here's the best counter to the H-Bomb ever.

giphy.gif

After losing to Anderson, Hendo was 6-4 in his past 10. Submitted twice.

I don't think he was ever considered 'almost unbeatable'.

Having said all that. Here's the best counter to the H-Bomb ever.

giphy.gif
We're talking about MW though, most of those losses were at LHW.

No way Dan was not a top ranked MW when Andy beat him.

Forrest had been in the cage with all the best LHWs of the time, had beaten plenty of them and held the belt.

Even those top LHWs who did get him didn't have what it took to get him the way Anderson Silva got him. Anderson made the whole LHW division look like a joke the way he dismantled Forrest in a way none of them had been able to.

Anyone discrediting that performance by Silva is announcing they have zero credibility.

I'll take Jon Jones run of:

Shogun - Off a 3rd knee surgery layoff, and we all remember how shithouse he looked the last time he came back from knee surgeries, the horrendous performance against a mostly retired, 539yo Coleman. The money definitely remembered, installing Jones as favorite over the champion.

Rampage - Well into the "Please don't wrestle me" phase of his career.

Machida - Short notice injury replacement with no relevant wins in the division for the previous 2 years.

Evans - Legit.

Fixed that for you bro.

I agree with TS. I don't think Anderson gets enough credit. Rampage fought both Hendo and Forrest around the same time, losing to Forrest and having a pretty close decision with Dan.

Anderson could have been the Goat but damn he got busted using the roids you just can't have that. Now Jon Jones too might lose that claim really sucks because I really like both fighters.

We still have Fedor but he has declined very fast hopefully the next gen of MMA greats won't do a Jon Jones and get busted busted buster!

Jones beat Machida and Belfort in their prime?

Lol.

Machida was an injury replacement with zero relevant wins in the previous 2 years, his only recent victory being over a 376yo decrepit Randy.

Belfort hadn't even been in the cage with a LHW opponent for HALF A FUCKING DECADE when they fed him to the divisional GOAT. It was an utter joke of a 205 title shot, just like Chael was, just like Gus off a R1 KO loss was.
Machida was great at the time, Vitor had just beaten Rumble before fighting Jon and went on to KO Rockhold, Hendo and Bisping afterwards, but yea not prime apparently.

Don't be ridiculous, it was the fashion in which he dismantled Forrest that is lauded. And quite rightfully so.

Lol lol the way he dismantled him , have you seen Forrest fight before??? Probably the worst champion in ufc history.... and I like Forrest . Dan was already old at that point, he was one of the most one dimensional fighters at that point with his flat footed throw right hand style. His best win was and always will be vítor, that was a good win, but really it doesn’t really matter since he was on steroids and his legacy went to absolute shit.

We're talking about MW though, most of those losses were at LHW.

No way Dan was not a top ranked MW when Andy beat him.
He was the PRIDE champ it was a unification bout - anyone saying Hendo wasn't at his peak then is a moron

Nope goats don’t need steroids

The "goats" you're referring to were never under USADA and most weren't tested at all for years in Pride. Apples to oranges comparison.

Lol lol the way he dismantled him , have you seen Forrest fight before??? Probably the worst champion in ufc history

He was so awful that he beat Rampage and Shogun...ok, let the excuses and rationalizations for those fights begin...

He also popped for steroids the first time he was ever randomly drug tested in his career. Disqualified.

Sure, because the reason he was suddenly losing was that he was still using.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you son.

giphy.gif

I miss the days when people would get infractions for accusing a fighter who never tested positive of using steroids.

Anderson tested positive. He's a user, and he's off any "greatest" lists. We know for a fact he's used so it calls his entire career into question. You may not like it but that's just how it is.

Weidman never tested positive, or displayed any qualities at all that suggested steroid use. In fact, he was often criticized for having poor cardio and not being that strong.

I'd suggest he started losing because he was fighting the very best guys and didn't handle the pressure well. Look at his fights. He didn't go from being superman to being human.

I suspect it's really, really important to you to think and say he was on steroids because he destroyed Anderson not once but twice.

Back