And yet Pac got robbed again

Who won?

• Total voters
As an admittedly biased MMA fan first, this reminded me of Diego Sanchez or Leonard Garcia getting decisions based on looking more aggressive even though they were clearly less effective and got tagged all night without ever landing anything significant.

These fights make me wonder:

where there fuck do they get these judges from?

Do they just pick 3 random drunks from the crowd?

Is there any sort of training or education or certification?
And if so then why are so many fights judged so ridiculously poorly?

As an admittedly biased MMA fan first, this reminded me of Diego Sanchez or Leonard Garcia getting decisions based on looking more aggressive even though they were clearly less effective and got tagged all night without ever landing anything significant.

These fights make me wonder:

where there fuck do they get these judges from?

Do they just pick 3 random drunks from the crowd?

Is there any sort of training or education or certification?
And if so then why are so many fights judged so ridiculously poorly?

I'll answer the one semi-serious question you asked.

The scoring criteria for boxing leaves a lot up in the air. Effective aggression is incredibly hard to define and often the main component for how judges call fights. If you look at this fight specifically Horn did tons of mauling. Hitting while holding one of Pacman's arms(which is perfectly legal)and pushing him into the ropes with his own head while throwing body shots and clubbing shots to the sides of the head that were mostly blocked and occasional uppercuts. Some judges don't count that stuff at all. Some judges love that shit. It's the same with people here. Some guys will give zero credit for that mauling style and some count it as effective aggression. It's also why punch stats mean almost nothing. Like someone already said Horn threw more punches in 9 of the 12 rounds but the punch stats show a wide margin for Pacman landing more shots throughout the whole fight. Some punch stat counters barely even count body shots. So it's all subjective. There really isn't a right or wrong way to score different styles which leaves us with outraged fans on both sides of any close fight.

So people are still screaming robbery about this fight and both Kov/Ward fights and even GGG/Jacobs. It's all so damn subjective and everyone including judges often pick and choose what they like and what they don't. I score damage above everything else and some people here don't score damage at all.

Funny how you score rounds, people. Some of you count round 9 as 10-8 for Pac when Horn clearly dominates 1 minute at least of that round. The other half of the round is taken by Pac but Horn skillfully escapes most of his attacks. At best this is a barely won round for Pac.

This match was not even close. Horn was the better boxer. Pac tried to ... knock him down??? LOL.

People screamed for 2 years Pac got robbed against Maywheater when in reality did Pac even land 20 punches for 12 rounds against him?

Just scored it, I think it was the wrong decision in a close fight.

Funny how you score rounds, people. Some of you count round 9 as 10-8 for Pac when Horn clearly dominates 1 minute at least of that round. The other half of the round is taken by Pac but Horn skillfully escapes most of his attacks. At best this is a barely won round for Pac.

This match was not even close. Horn was the better boxer. Pac tried to ... knock him down??? LOL.

People screamed for 2 years Pac got robbed against Maywheater when in reality did Pac even land 20 punches for 12 rounds against him?

Horn was the better boxer? Were you drunk or something? And please don't tell me the cuts didn't affect Pac too. It sure did. Regarding the Floyd vs Pac fight, a real boxing fan would have easily seen who won the fight. It was Floyd. No excuses.

Oh come on, Pacquiao obviously won that round big. Not a 10-8 but it was the biggest round of the fight for him and Horn looked like he was on his way out. You don't get a round ending with the ref going to the fighter's corner and telling him he has to "show him something" if he only just barely lost the round.

Tbh I was surprised in that round how Pacquiao was just swinging wild when he had Horn falling around the ring. Not much composure.

Oh come on, Pacquiao obviously won that round big. Not a 10-8 but it was the biggest round of the fight for him and Horn looked like he was on his way out. You don't get a round ending with the ref going to the fighter's corner and telling him he has to "show him something" if he only just barely lost the round.

Tbh I was surprised in that round how Pacquiao was just swinging wild when he had Horn falling around the ring. Not much composure.

Yes perhaps I used the word barely incorrectly. My point was even if PAC took the round Horn did dominate the first minute. So it was not a 10-8 at all. Horn boxed well and won. Deal with it.

since nobody looks at my podcast thread, lol, this is basically 30 minutes of floyd sr. trashing manny and he believes jeff horn won the fight

So I had horn by a round, but I've watched it over a few times and he doesn't land much apart from his forehead.

Have to think that the awful American commentating is why people think Manny was robbed. At worst it was 7-5 Horn.

Hipsters who fancy themselves true boxing fans love to hate on Pacquiao and his fans because he was so exciting and popular.
Nah, see you don't even understand the phenomenon, which perpetuates the very hate for Pacquiao fans like you. Delusional ignorance of whats really going on. Very few on here dislike Manny Pacquiao. However very many on here hate the Pacquiao FANS. So anything thats gonna make you guys feel stupid and have no excuses, we love to see it happen. If that means Manny Pac losing a stupidly close fight to a borderline journeyman, or getting put into a coma by JMM, so be it. Just so you clowns go away.

Guys a 117-111 doesnt mean one guy got obliterated, it just means out of all the close rounds one guy had the edge more than the other guy. 2 or 3 dominant rounds don't make a robbery. Manny got outboxed, gave up too many rounds early, almost finished the show down the stretch but Horn managed to last to the final bell.

Nah, see you don't even understand the phenomenon, which perpetuates the very hate for Pacquiao fans like you. Delusional ignorance of whats really going on. Very few on here dislike Manny Pacquiao. However very many on here hate the Pacquiao FANS. So anything thats gonna make you guys feel stupid and have no excuses, we love to see it happen. If that means Manny Pac losing a stupidly close fight to a borderline journeyman, or getting put into a coma by JMM, so be it. Just so you clowns go away.

The thing that gets me is historically how many Pac fans are just incapable of admitting defeat. Every single loss has an excuse. Floyd only won because he ran and refused to let Pac take the shot(with a needle he suddenly didn't fear anymore)before the fight that would have somehow made him a better fighter. Bradley won cause the fight was fixed. Marquez put him to sleep because of steroids. The first Morales fight was only a dream and never actually happened. Horn was a set up and the worst robbery in the history of sports.

Who hurt you?

Guys a 117-111 doesnt mean one guy got obliterated, it just means out of all the close rounds one guy had the edge more than the other guy. 2 or 3 dominant rounds don't make a robbery. Manny got outboxed, gave up too many rounds early, almost finished the show down the stretch but Horn managed to last to the final bell.

Manny got outforeheaded, and outwrestled, but I believe he clearly won the boxing match according to the actual scoring system. I have a really hard time figuring out where you believe he was "outboxed" in that fight.

There is a reason that a large percentage of people believe it was a terrible decision, and it's not just Pac fans. To most people Pacquiao clearly won the boxing match, and Horn made it appear closer by roughhousing.

Scored it for Horn? Okay cool. People score differently, boxing is subjective. But referring to your hate for a fighter's fan base to justify the widespread controversy regarding the result seems petty.

Robbery means a really stupid fucking decision. This fight wasn't wide. If anyone has the balls post your card with explanations why it's a robbery, I guarantee you'll look like a fool.

So people are still screaming robbery about this fight and both Kov/Ward fights and even GGG/Jacobs. It's all so damn subjective and everyone including judges often pick and choose what they like and what they don't. I score damage above everything else and some people here don't score damage at all.

I think this fight was head and shoulders different from the other two you mentioned. I really don't see many people claiming robbery over the GGG-Jacobs fight. If they did, it was mainly Canelo fans or Golovkin haters. There isn't much talk of it now because people realized they were just caught up in the moment of Golovkin looking human. He threw more, landed more, knocked Jacobs down, and controlled the fight with his jab. Jacobs was game, but IMO I don't see how he can be called a winner.

Ward-Kovalev was a bad decision in my eyes but that was indeed a close fight. I really can't see how Ward got 7 rounds but it was closer than this.

Pac-Horn simply was not that close in my eyes. If you don't watch boxing, I can see how you would be fooled by the aggression of Horn. But he really didn't land anything of note. The only time he really landed was in the clinch. Pacquiao routinely beat him to the punch and landed way more. Not trying to be rude, but I really think people are off base when they think Horn won this fight. It says something when 55/67 press scorecards had it for Pacquiao and 5 had it a draw. That means basically 10% had it for Horn.

Manny got outforeheaded, and outwrestled, but I believe he clearly won the boxing match according to the actual scoring system. I have a really hard time figuring out where you believe he was "outboxed" in that fight.

There is a reason that a large percentage of people believe it was a terrible decision, and it's not just Pac fans. To most people Pacquiao clearly won the boxing match, and Horn made it appear closer by roughhousing.

Scored it for Horn? Okay cool. People score differently, boxing is subjective. But referring to your hate for a fighter's fan base to justify the widespread controversy regarding the result seems petty.
Dude you know what I mean, we talked about this before. The annoying untruths some of the folks subscribe to. I was just voicing my opinion to the neighborhood troll.
I know you wanna take the high road, so thats fine. As far as the actual fight, ring generalship and effective aggression are two key things in scoring people tend to not consider much. Horn was busier. Regardless of the "scoring punches" he was doing more and trying more, while Manny didnt really do much until the couple times he hurt Horn. Thats called being outboxed. Not Mayweather shut out type but doing more under the rules of boxing scoring to outbox the other guy...There was no clear Pacman dominance for any consistent stretch of the fight, and like I said Horn put more rounds in the bag early, and Manny didnt end the fight when he couldve. All 3 judges scored the 9th 10-9 so having Horn hurt really didnt make much different in the outcome of the fight. Every close fight doesnt have to go to the favorite, Manny shouldve done more and closed the show, he didnt, he lost and is now making excuses.....again.

Robbery means a really stupid fucking decision. This fight wasn't wide. If anyone has the balls post your card with explanations why it's a robbery, I guarantee you'll look like a fool.

Still better than posting "Manny got robbed !!11" with hardly any argument to prove one's point.

Back