And yet Pac got robbed again

Who won?

• Total voters
Oh come on, Pacquiao obviously won that round big. Not a 10-8 but it was the biggest round of the fight for him and Horn looked like he was on his way out. You don't get a round ending with the ref going to the fighter's corner and telling him he has to "show him something" if he only just barely lost the round.

Tbh I was surprised in that round how Pacquiao was just swinging wild when he had Horn falling around the ring. Not much composure.
Biggest round of the fight to go 10-9??? See all it ended up being was a round won by Pacman, he couldve outjabbed Horn and gotten the same result. Judges are pretty strict to award 10-8 rounds to guys that didnt touch the canvas and actually had some defensive response. But all everyone remembers is, Pac almost knocked him out, and that sways the popular sentiment that he shouldve won. But it was just one round and a 10-9 at that...

Last edited:
Biggest round of the fight to go 10-9??? See all it ended up being was a round won by Pacman, he couldve outjabbed Horn and gotten the same result. Judges are 0retty str8ct to award 10-8 rounds to guys that didnt touch the canvas and actuslly had some defensive response. But all everyone remembers is, Pac almost knocked him out, and that sways the popular sentiment that he shouldve won. But it was just one round and a 10-9 at that...
True, I agree. Pacquiao's very popular too and it sounds like the American commentary was extreme. Those things sway it also. I had it a draw.

For the record guys lets get the definition of a robbery cleared up here.

A robbery is when "Boxer A" dominates, clearly leads and wins every round or most of the rounds without any question, nothing close about it. The majority of rounds clearly won by boxer A. And after all that "Boxer B" gets the victory on the cards. An imaginary scenario would be something like Floyd Mayweather Jr. losing on cards to Robert Guerrero, even though we all saw how that fight went down...For a good real life example look up Roy Jones Jr. Olympic Championship bout.
Robbery in it's purest sense. That's not what happened to Manny. If you think he should've won thats one thing, and fine.

A close fight, with a guy winning you didn't think should have, is NOT a robbery. Even if most of the rounds were close but a guy like Horn got the nod on most of the close rounds (117-111 for example is what the result can look like) its not a robbery guys.

Last edited:
True, I agree. Pacquiao's very popular too and it sounds like the American commentary was extreme. Those things sway it also. I had it a draw.
Im gonna watch it again, with the sound off. Anytime a fight get a lot of conflicting feedback I try to see what I may be missing.

Regardless of the "scoring punches" he was doing more and trying more, while Manny didnt really do much until the couple times he hurt Horn. Thats called being outboxed.

We have different definitions of "outboxed" I guess.

If you believe Manny won that fight easily you don't know a thing about boxing. I've been a Pacquiao fan for the last 15 years and I was at the fight. When the result was read my knee jerk reaction was it was a bullshit decision but after watching the fight two more times Manny didn't really show up until round 6 before round 6 the only round he won was maybe round 4. It was a close fight but I believe the judges got the end result right. It's just unfortunate that the scorecards had that 117-111 score as that soured the fight. I hope there is a rematch.

If you don't watch boxing, I can see how you would be fooled by the aggression of Horn. But he really didn't land anything of note. The only time he really landed was in the clinch. Pacquiao routinely beat him to the punch and landed way more. Not trying to be rude, but I really think people are off base when they think Horn won this fight. It says something when 55/67 press scorecards had it for Pacquiao and 5 had it a draw. That means basically 10% had it for Horn.

I get what you're saying but your bias is very clear when you say stuff like Horn didn't land anything of note. I've seen the fight three times. There were SEVERAL punches that visibly hurt Pacman. Only one was in the clinch(a perfectly clean uppercut)that made his eyes go for a second. The others were straight shots from the outside. If you go back to the original fight thread tons of people noticed the punches that hurt Pacman even watching the fight live. Even some of the guys here who believe 100% that Pac won the fight still admit he got stunned in a few different rounds. So the fact you think nothing of note landed for Horn says a lot.

I get what you're saying but your bias is very clear when you say stuff like Horn didn't land anything of note. I've seen the fight three times. There were SEVERAL punches that visibly hurt Pacman. Only one was in the clinch(a perfectly clean uppercut)that made his eyes go for a second. The others were straight shots from the outside. If you go back to the original fight thread tons of people noticed the punches that hurt Pacman even watching the fight live. Even some of the guys here who believe 100% that Pac won the fight still admit he got stunned in a few different rounds. So the fact you think nothing of note landed for Horn says a lot.

Kind of off topic but you mention an uppercut in the clinch. I got hit with an uppercut in the clinch years back when I was sparring with my brother. He ducked a shot I threw and ducked inside to smother me, landed right under the chin and I heard my jaw crack, backed up like a bitch couldn't deal with the pain, thought he broke my jaw, couldn't chew well for days.

Ever since then I have had a bitter sweet feeling towards uppercuts. On one hand i get mild ptsd from the uppercut I got hit with so I feel bad when somebody gets smashed with one. the other emotion is yelling at the guy Im rooting for to throw an uppercut b/c they hurt people really fucking bad. Guess the moral of my story is people should throw more uppercuts but also just a story about getting my ass kicked by my lil bro as well.

Kind of off topic but you mention an uppercut in the clinch. I got hit with an uppercut in the clinch years back when I was sparring with my brother. He ducked a shot I threw and ducked inside to smother me, landed right under the chin and I heard my jaw crack, backed up like a bitch couldn't deal with the pain, thought he broke my jaw, couldn't chew well for days.

Ever since then I have had a bitter sweet feeling towards uppercuts. On one hand i get mild ptsd from the uppercut I got hit with so I feel bad when somebody gets smashed with one. the other emotion is yelling at the guy Im rooting for to throw an uppercut b/c they hurt people really fucking bad. Guess the moral of my story is people should throw more uppercuts but also just a story about getting my ass kicked by my lil bro as well.

I think it was Mickey Ward a million years ago that I saw talking about uppercuts. He basically said the old cliche that punches you don't see coming are the ones that do the most damage and that's why he loved and hated uppercuts. Thrown on the inside they are hard to see coming plus you might be getting hit right in the chin. That is one fucked up combination.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing...n/news-story/30116af4992f3c27edee70cefc015d09

THE World Boxing Organisation will re-score the Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn welterweight title fight because of the contentious unanimous decision awarded to the Australian challenger, but there is no plan to change the result.

The WBO was responding to a Philippines government department’s request to review the fight after Pacquiao said the decision against him Sunday was unfair.

The Philippines Games and Amusements Board (GAB) said it based the request on protecting boxing’s integrity, citing possible miscalls by the referee and judges. But the WBO reiterated its only hope of revoking the fight judges’ decision rests on proving fraud in match officiating.

“I would be very grateful if the GAB can provide any evidence indicating fraud or violation of law,” WBO President Francisco Valcarcel said in a letter to the GAB dated Thursday.

“The purpose of this review is to be able to give the fans certainty of who was the winner of the bout, even though we do not have the power to reverse the decision of the judges.”

Valcarcel said five anonymous judges will review the bout, assigning their own scores to rounds. “Then, we will tabulate the results to ascertain clearly which rounds each fighter won using an average scale based on 60, 80 and 100 per cent,” Valcarcel said. “This means that three of the five officials have to agree to determine which fighter won the round.”

The fight at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium was scored 117-111 by Waleksa Roldan and 115-113 each by Chris Flores and Ramon Cerdan, with Roldan’s score coming in for most criticism.

Valcarcel supported the judges, who have each scored hundreds of fights. “The officials who participated in this fight are all professional, distinguished, honest and honorable human beings,” he said.

He was arguably robbed twice. Pacquiao has gotten more favourable decisions than he has been on the wrong end of it. He clearly won the frist Bradley fight. But I had Horn winning

When I say nothing of note, I mean Pac was never visibly hurt. Yes, Horn for sure landed some shots. Maybe that came off wrong. What I meant was Horn did not have too much "effective" aggression. Most of his landed shots were in the clinch when he was bullying Pacman along the ropes. Pacquiao was the one landing the head snapping shots throughout the fight and countering.

Once again, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the masses speak volume. I thought it was a pretty bad decision and the Compubox stats actually back up what most people saw.

Back