And yet Pac got robbed again

Who won?

• Total voters
Pacquiao was still a good puncher above 130 (I'd say he was a very good puncher at 135 judging by his one showing there against Diaz, as well). His speed and workrate were more important, but flooring guys like Mosley and Cotto and badly hurting Margarito suggests he was still a pretty good puncher 140+.
Meh, I disagree. If he was as big a hitter as people say then his last 13 fights wouldn't have gone the distance (other than Marquez 4). Great fighter but overrated puncher.

You guys obviously havent seen PBC on Bounce the night before

Wasn't a robbery. I did think Pacquiao won atleast 8 rounds to 4 or maybe 7 rounds to 5. Horn should've got a point deducted for the 2nd head butt.
I think your description is the definition of a robbery

It seems like there are a lot of blind boxing fans here on Sherdog lol

This decision is a disgrace.

Punch stats are cumulative. Each round is scored by itself. He got blown out in the 9th but that doesn't care over to every other round.

Compubox stats hardly take into account all the work that is done in the clinch, which was a significant part of Horn's activity.

Also don't forget the fact that it's literally just two guys at ringside pushing buttons when they think a punch lands.

Compubox stats should be the last thing anybody uses when trying to justify their opinion on a fight but as of last Sunday morning they've suddenly become the gold standard for scoring accuracy in combat sports :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say a fight you saw 115/113 one way actually being 115/113 the other way is a robbery.

As others have said, the term robbery is used to loosely. This was a close fight that could have gone either way. No one dominated that fight.

I wouldn't say a fight you saw 115/113 one way actually being 115/113 the other way is a robbery.

As others have said, the term robbery is used to loosely. This was a close fight that could have gone either way. No one dominated that fight.
If no one dominated the fight the champ should stil wear the belt not the challenger.

If no one dominated the fight the champ should stil wear the belt not the challenger.

You can get beaten without being dominated. That's the way the 10 pts must system happens to work. Winning a round 10-9 doesn't mean you dominated, just that you led, even by a slight margin, considering the 4 scoring criteria.

Thinking a fight was 5 rounds for one guy to 7 rounds for the other makes a robbery impossible. That is one damn round from a draw. That is a close fight no matter the outcome.

A robbery is when a f

Fucking seriously.

"I scored the fight one round away from being a DRAW but pacman got robbed!!!! It's a travesty and a shame and the reason no one but me even watched the fight in the first place! Boxing is dead judges are paid and Australia is racist!"

I had it 116-112 pac and I don't even think it was a robbery. I'll go over my score card with the 2 judges that scored it close. i watched top ranks feed so didnt see Teddys card until now. me and teddy both had it 116-112 but I only agreed with FIVE rounds teddy scored. he had pac winning 5 of the first 6. horn probbaly won 4 of the first 6.

the two judges that scored it close for horn agreed on 8 rounds.
I agreed with 9 of Flores 12 rounds. and actually we scored the first 6 rounds the exact same.
the second half of the fight is where we were diffrent. two of the judges gave round 10 to pac which was a close round that a lot of people would have gave to horn as a makeup call. so I can't even see people make an excuse for it because the two judges gave it to Pac. round 7, round 11 and 12 I've rewatched and it's not really criminal to give horn 7 or 12. I think round 11 was a pac round however. I still don't like the decision but I could see how someone could have it a draw and me be okay with the score cards. so one round away from what I see possible isnt a robbery to me.

Steven Smith just lost his mind called it a robbery. He said this is why UFC and Dana White is beating boxing because of BS like this in boxing. He said he lost all faith in boxing.

Steven Smith started watching MMA a year ago. Stupid fucks opinion doesn't mean shit. MMA has plenty of robberies and bullshit decisions.

I don't really agree with that. Often it comes down to the style of the judges. A close fight scored one way by 3 judges could be scored completely differently than another 3. None of them are necessarily wrong either, if its a truly close fight.

I don't really agree with that. Often it comes down to the style of the judges. A close fight scored one way by 3 judges could be scored completely differently than another 3. None of them are necessarily wrong either, if its a truly close fight.

well in this case I think the 117-111 judge was wrong.
Flores and I had a diffrent outcome and we were only off by 3 rounds. and 2 rounds I am more than okay with going the other way. so, I scored it 116-112 and could see a draw very easily, so no robbery to me. I thought Flores score card for the most part was pretty honest. I had Kovalev beating ward and there were 2 rounds that's i highly disagreed with on the judges final cards. even if I had the same or similar score overall.

well in this case I think the 117-111 judge was wrong.
Flores and I had a diffrent outcome and we were only off by 3 rounds. and 2 rounds I am more than okay with going the other way. so, I scored it 116-112 and could see a draw very easily, so no robbery to me. I thought Flores score card for the most part was pretty honest. I had Kovalev beating ward and there were 2 rounds that's i highly disagreed with on the judges final cards. even if I had the same or similar score overall.
I agree 117-111 felt too wide.

That said, as I was watching the fight, I was saying to people on this forum that Pac was basically getting outworked and I pointed out that he's lost fights exactly like that before. Thats why he lost to Bradley. Thats part of why he lost to Floyd. He's turned into a guy just looking to land that big KO shot, yet he hasn't KO'd anyone in 8 years.

According to compubox, which I'm not a big fan of, Horn threw more punches in 9 out of the 12 rounds. Thats supports the idea that Horn won that fight based on effective aggression. All those times he was backing Pac to the ropes and throwing those uppercuts, all the times he was working in the clinch when Pac was not- thats why Horn won. Pac may have been more accurate but he's fought in spurts since the first Bradley fight. Whole chunks of rounds go by where he does nothing, he lands one punch and fans say he dominated. IMO, thats lazy judging and again IMO, I dont think most pro judges score fights like that. Thats why whenever a puncher loses, fans think he got robbed.

Im staggered people think this was a robbery, i could give pac no more than 4 rounds. He started the fight like he was their for the easy payday, and gave up the first 7 rounds. He was outfought and outboxed. I dont doubt he wins a rematch, but he lost this bout.

Im staggered people think this was a robbery, i could give pac no more than 4 rounds. He started the fight like he was their for the easy payday, and gave up the first 7 rounds. He was outfought and outboxed. I dont doubt he wins a rematch, but he lost this bout.

I think Horn gets humiliated in a rematch. Pac was obviously not in shape for this fight and didn't take it seriously at all. He also said he had a cold. The ref let Horn get away with headbutts, holding and hitting, elbows and countless headlocks that he wouldn't let go of. In the early rounds Horn gassed bad but Pac did nothing about it. Once he finally stepped on the gas he had Horn out in round 9 but he spent himself and had nothing left after that to finish him.

This fight feels like a once in a lifetime set of circumstances all leading to a pretty miraculous win. Next time Pac will be in shape. The ref and Pac will be ready for Horn's dirty tactics as well. Plus the judges will lean towards the guy that the idiotic public feels was robbed. Don't get me wrong though. I know Pac is half way washed up and lots of guys would beat him easily at this point. I just don't think Horn can ever pull this off again.

I agree 117-111 felt too wide.

That said, as I was watching the fight, I was saying to people on this forum that Pac was basically getting outworked and I pointed out that he's lost fights exactly like that before. Thats why he lost to Bradley. Thats part of why he lost to Floyd. He's turned into a guy just looking to land that big KO shot, yet he hasn't KO'd anyone in 8 years.

According to compubox, which I'm not a big fan of, Horn threw more punches in 9 out of the 12 rounds. Thats supports the idea that Horn won that fight based on effective aggression. All those times he was backing Pac to the ropes and throwing those uppercuts, all the times he was working in the clinch when Pac was not- thats why Horn won. Pac may have been more accurate but he's fought in spurts since the first Bradley fight. Whole chunks of rounds go by where he does nothing, he lands one punch and fans say he dominated. IMO, thats lazy judging and again IMO, I dont think most pro judges score fights like that. Thats why whenever a puncher loses, fans think he got robbed.

Pac also had horn hurt for 90 seconds and did nothing. he missed him wide. I still think Pac won but I still think Horn isnt that good. I don't think Pac could beat, Thurman, Garcia, Spence, Brook, and maybe even porter would beat pac.

Back