Amir Khan V Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez 155lbs May 7th

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
really dont understand this from khan, he must of been offered a fortune.

surely he doesnt actually believe he can win

Dissapointed in this fight on many levels.

I like canelo but when you are outright ducking a guy 5 pounds above you to fight a guy that hasn't even established himself to be the best of his weight class, is just rediculous.

This fight will be entertaining for the few rounds it lasts.

Not ppv worthy.

Why is khan ducking all the welter weights?

It's like no one wants to be the best of that division. Weird

my only question is, does Khan still go through with a tune up fight in March? Or does he not risk it, and hold off till May?
I think its too big of a risk that something would happen to him to risk losing a big payday so i doubt it.

^yeah good call, if you'll remember several years back, Victor Ortiz was in line for a Canelo fight and all he had to do was get by Josesito Lopez. 9 rounds and a broken jaw later, it was Lopez who got the shot at Canelo. Nothing is a given in boxing. That said it would be fun to see Khan in action mid March to shake of some ring rust and help promote the Canelo fight.

If he is signed to fight Canelo next, then I don't see why he would sign to sign someone before that. His dumbass thinks he can just go in rusty against Canelo seems like.

I like canelo but when you are outright ducking a guy 5 pounds above you to fight a guy that hasn't even established himself to be the best of his weight class, is just rediculous.
Both Canelo and Golovkin wanted a tune up before fighting each other. Golovkin has been looking for an opponent too.

Dissapointed in this fight on many levels.

This fight will be entertaining for the few rounds it lasts.

Not ppv worthy.

Why is khan ducking all the welter weights?

It's like no one wants to be the best of that division. Weird

He agreed to fight GGG in September, and both agreed to take a tune up fight before that. How is that ducking? Call it ducking if he doesn't fight GGG in September, as of now everyone should of expected him to take a tune up fight, and I am happier with Khan than I would of been had he fought someone like Geale.

This is who our "lineal" MW champ is fighting? LOL. Good on Khan getting his big payday, but he is getting knocked spark out.

The reason why Khan took the fight:
giphy.gif

Come on, you can't compare it to Floyd vs. Canelo. Flyod was a top p4p fighter and undefeated, khan on the other had is the guy who got hurt by every decent puncher that he fought.

I
Both Canelo and Golovkin wanted a tune up before fighting each other. Golovkin has been looking for an opponent too.
I know. Just a dissapointing fight to me especially for canelo

Shocked by this. The size and power difference will be huge. Khan is showing some balls to take this fight over Brooks, hope he can pull off the upset!

So Canelo is having a "tune up" for Golovkin against a welterweight, LOL .

You think hed make more fighting Brook than he would fighting Canelo?

There's a good chance of that.

He'd likely earn 5-10m as a basic against Brook and the upside of the PPV, which is obviously dependant on how well it sells.

Tough to predict what he'll earn in this fight.

What the holy fuck? RIP Khan.

I give Amir Khan props for taking the fight, but Canelo gets no respect. The dude is fighting another undersized fighter. The dude walks around at 175 and is fighting a 147 pounder. Khan can only win if he knocks Canelo out, he will not be able to get a decision. If Khan is still with Haymon I wonder what this does for Oscar's lawsuit.

If Canelo vs Floyd was an acceptable fight, then I see no real reason why Khan can't take the same fight.
It's not the same, PBF fought Canelo at 152 and Khan has never fought over 147. Besides, Khan is taking the fight.

The reason why Khan took the fight:
giphy.gif

Come on, you can't compare it to Floyd vs. Canelo. Flyod was a top p4p fighter and undefeated, khan on the other had is the guy who got hurt by every decent puncher that he fought.
Lets be real here. There is no opponent that anyone is going to give Canelo credit for fighting right now. Who is he going to fight? Danny Geale? Gabe Rosado?

There was no plan for Golovkin vs Canelo until later in the year. Both guys need a tune up fight to look impressive. Mark my words, Golovkin is going to choose a soft opponent too.

Its not a bad fight. It practically guarantees entertainment, even if the result doesn't seem to be in question.

Lets be real here. There is no opponent that anyone is going to give Canelo credit for fighting right now. Who is he going to fight? Danny Geale? Gabe Rosado?

There was no plan for Golovkin vs Canelo until later in the year. Both guys need a tune up fight to look impressive. Mark my words, Golovkin is going to choose a soft opponent too.

Its not a bad fight. It practically guarantees entertainment, even if the result doesn't seem to be in question.

I knew they both would take a soft touch it was a given. I at least expected Canelo to fight a real 160 pounder. Oscar must have given Khan a big sack of money to be a sacrificial lamb.

Canelo is ducking Danny Geale.

I think it is an unusual matchup, but at least Khan is fighting someone legitimate and Canelo gets his showcase fight before GGG.

I never really mind two big names colliding in their prime. It was either this, or Canelo vs some shitty middleweight and Khan vs Berto.

Back