Amir Khan V Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez 155lbs May 7th

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lara gave Canelo allot of trouble with his footwork/speed.

I don't think Khan is gonna win by any means, but I wouldn't be shocked if he annoys the shit out of Canelo before eventually getting ktfo.

If Canelo vs Floyd was an acceptable fight, then I see no real reason why Khan can't take the same fight.

If Canelo vs Floyd was an acceptable fight, then I see no real reason why Khan can't take the same fight.
Because people are never happy unless the 1 and 2 fight each other in every outing (which is completely unrealistic and will never happen).

I really hope Pac destroys Bradley in a 3rd fight... Because I bet you Canelo is going after him in September.

I think it's perfectly reasonable and acceptable for fighters to take tune up fights in between big fights. I see no issue with Khan from a point of view of pure entertainment. Good style match up, and we could of been treated to something worse to see like Canelo vs Geale before the eventual GGG fight. If anything, Canelo might figure Khan's speed and quickness on this fight might help prepare him for GGG's speed (nothing can prepare him for GGG's power)

Lara gave Canelo allot of trouble with his footwork/speed.

I don't think Khan is gonna win by any means, but I wouldn't be shocked if he annoys the shit out of Canelo before eventually getting ktfo.
I don't believe Khan has the boxing ability that Lara has. Canelo will pressure him and break him. It may take more rounds than people expect but Khan gets stopped here.

Nobody can accuse Amir of avoiding people with power. It's like his management hate him :).

I like how quick Canelo's reputation as being a "I love this guy, he is the only guy in boxing trying to fight the best" to "he just fought Cotto and is now fighting Khan instead of GGG? This guy is scared and doesn't want to fight anyone" over the span of a few months :D

Khan's got the biggest balls in boxing...could've made alot more money against the can crushing Brook, but took a hell of a lot more dangerous fight in Canelo. Wonder if he'll have any worse odds then Buster did

I don't believe Khan has the boxing ability that Lara has. Canelo will pressure him and break him. It may take more rounds than people expect but Khan gets stopped here.

This is how I see it playing out too, should be exiting while it lasts though.

I usually enjoy his fights, will this be ppv in the US?

I like how quick Canelo's reputation as being a "I love this guy, he is the only guy in boxing trying to fight the best" to "he just fought Cotto and is now fighting Khan instead of GGG? This guy is scared and doesn't want to fight anyone" over the span of a few months :D

If he gets a nice ko/tko against Khan it would set up the GGG fight perfectly. Has GGG got a fight lined up as well yet?

Khan's got the biggest balls in boxing...could've made alot more money against the can crushing Brook, but took a hell of a lot more dangerous fight in Canelo. Wonder if he'll have any worse odds then Buster did
You think hed make more fighting Brook than he would fighting Canelo?

This is unreal Khan is going to have to be on his bike the whole fight to win this.

This is how I see it playing out too, should be exiting while it lasts though.

I usually enjoy his fights, will this be ppv in the US?
I would guess that it will be PPV. Canelo is HBO's PPV guy now.

You think hed make more fighting Brook than he would fighting Canelo?

Maybe if it is promoted right, people say have it in Wembley stadium but it'd be better in the north west of England. The majority of their followers are there. Froch probably made more for the groves rematch than all his fights in the US combined.

my only question is, does Khan still go through with a tune up fight in March? Or does he not risk it, and hold off till May?
I think its too big of a risk that something would happen to him to risk losing a big payday so i doubt it.

^yeah good call, if you'll remember several years back, Victor Ortiz was in line for a Canelo fight and all he had to do was get by Josesito Lopez. 9 rounds and a broken jaw later, it was Lopez who got the shot at Canelo. Nothing is a given in boxing. That said it would be fun to see Khan in action mid March to shake of some ring rust and help promote the Canelo fight.

PPV price is $64/$74 in that range. But with this Canelo fight, there's a possibility it'll be shown at movie theaters as well (previous Canelo fights vs Mayweather/Angulo/Lara and Cotto were all shown at movie theaters) fathomevents.com usually has listings so keep that in mind

I think Khan takes this. I know I will get a lot hate for saying this and I am a huge fan of both but for some reason I see Khan using his speed, volume and winning the decision. Not saying Canelo cant win. Canelo has a punchers chance and one good punch from him can finish Khan but not sure why I just feel Khan will win by decision. Khan is very underrated but apart from his chin he is a great boxer and his fight against Devon Alexandra showed me how effective he can be if he goes in with the right game plan and doesn't get reckless. And his trainer Virgil Hunter is just the icing on the cake.

We have seen Canelo outboxed in the ring and he still gets the decision.

Back