Amir Khan V Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez 155lbs May 7th

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canelo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Been confirmed for Las Vegas by both Khan and De La Hoya.

So this is what Khan has been working on, I can't wait to see him get utterly destroyed.

I don't see Khan surviving the first round. Or any other round for that matter.

Pursuing Mayweather for 3 years made sense. Heck even chasing after Pacquiao, logically made sense

but to skip Jr Middleweight to go after Canelo, Khan is pretty crazy. You'd think taking on Brook/Garcia would be much more winnable fights for Khan when compared to Canelo at 155lbs

my only question is, does Khan still go through with a tune up fight in March? Or does he not risk it, and hold off till May?

I think Khan takes this. I know I will get a lot hate for saying this and I am a huge fan of both but for some reason I see Khan using his speed, volume and winning the decision. Not saying Canelo cant win. Canelo has a punchers chance and one good punch from him can finish Khan but not sure why I just feel Khan will win by decision. Khan is very underrated but apart from his chin he is a great boxer and his fight against Devon Alexandra showed me how effective he can be if he goes in with the right game plan and doesn't get reckless. And his trainer Virgil Hunter is just the icing on the cake.

Khans a good fighter but people talking about him dancing around Canelo are mental. Khans been walked down by tons of fighters in the past, i basically imagine this as a repeat of the Lamont Peterson fight (though i thought Khan won that) but with a much more powerful and skillful puncher smashing Khan apart on the inside.

Khan wins a couple of rounds, then Canelo pins him down and starts to do damage. Mid round stoppage.

Holy fuck lol.

Khan is going to get obliterated within 3 rounds.

About damn time to see Khan getting knocked out again!

I thought Canelo was suppose to be getting used to fighting bigger guys first before he fights GGG, so instead he fights someone smaller?

--------------------

my only question is, does Khan still go through with a tune up fight in March? Or does he not risk it, and hold off till May?

I think its too big of a risk that something would happen to him to risk losing a big payday so i doubt it.

Khans a good fighter but people talking about him dancing around Canelo are mental. Khans been walked down by tons of fighters in the past, i basically imagine this as a repeat of the Lamont Peterson fight (though i thought Khan won that) but with a much more powerful and skillful puncher smashing Khan apart on the inside.

Khan wins a couple of rounds, then Canelo pins him down and starts to do damage. Mid round stoppage.
Khan has improved since Lamont Peterson but yes I agree Khan should of won that. I personally think people will be surprised how good of a match up this is. Khan is not Kirkland who will just walk forward and get taken out. If he sticks to a smart game plan he has a chance to take this.

Khan has improved since Lamont Peterson but yes I agree Khan should of won that. I personally think people will be surprised how good of a match up this is. Khan is not Kirkland who will just walk forward and get taken out. If he sticks to a smart game plan he has a chance to take this.
He has zero chance to take this. Hes going to get his lights shut out.

Give Khan his due he's got heart but his glass chin gets shattered again here inside 2.

What a joke Canelo is. He's 175 on fight night but rather than fight guys his own size he pulls glass jaws up from welterweight to fight him.

I don't see him fighting GGG anytime soon.

What a joke Canelo is. He's 175 on fight night but rather than fight guys his own size he pulls glass jaws up from welterweight to fight him.

I don't see him fighting GGG anytime soon.
He just fought Cotto

The size difference is going to be ridiculous.

Khan has balls of steel.

This is lose/lose for Canelo. This fight isn't defendable. A glass jawed welterweight who got knocked out at 135 and 140 pounds and has never fought about 147 is going to fight for the middleweight title? This is an absolute far this is an absolute farce.

Canelo looks bad no matter the outcome.

And his trainer Virgil Hunter is just the icing on the cake.
Hunter is a useless cornerman. His advice to his fighters between rounds always seems to be to keep absorbing punishment until the other guy gets tired.

Back