American Detained in Canada for Smuggling Hate Speech, Denied Entry.

To be fair, being denied entry for an actual substance of which you are in possession (whether or not you think that substance should be legal) is a lot more justifiable than being denied. Entry for expressing the wrong opinions.

I don't think that guy is referring to being in possession of cannabis though. Supposedly in recent times the US border guards have been asking Canadians if they've ever used cannabis in their lives, and they've denied entry to people who have said yes. I haven't driven across the border in a few years so I can't personally speak to this, but it was all over the news a few months ago.

The only good thing to come out of Canada is Theo de Radt
41992-show-66058.jpg

Elisha_Cuthbert_46_8_eI_big.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think that guy is referring to being in possession of cannabis though. Supposedly in recent times the US border guards have been asking Canadians if they've ever used cannabis in their lives, and they've denied entry to people who have said yes. I haven't driven across the border in a few years so I can't personally speak to this, but it was all over the news a few months ago.

It's true. Canada is not the only country with it's share of problems.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pot-border-banned-waiver-1.3752278

I just think this whole situation is so fucked up. If this guy's speech was calling for violence against Muslims, then sure don't let the fucker in. That would clearly be hate speech as defined by our laws. But if it was just that speech in the video in the OP or something comparable....wtf are we doing here? Enforcing blasphemy laws?

There's been a lot of talk about our Liberal government's cozy relationship with Islamist groups. There's been concern expressed, there's also been some straight up fear mongering ("Trudeau is gonna implement Sharia law!!!). But for all the mockery viewpoints like this have been met with in the mass media, the government sure isn't helping things when they do shit like this - denying entry to an American for speaking out against Islam.

Every day on college and university campuses across this country, worse diatribes than what this guy was gonna say are launched against "whiteness".

To be fair, being denied entry for an actual substance of which you are in possession (whether or not you think that substance should be legal) is a lot more justifiable than being denied. Entry for expressing the wrong opinions.

Im talking about denied becaused you smoked reefer 5 years ago. If its on you absolutely deny entry. But being denied because you smoked weed 5 years ago or 3 months ago is BS compared to hate speech which breeds more ignorance among easily manipulated minds that hoard in droves.

Im talking about denied becaused you smoked reefer 5 years ago. If its on you absolutely deny entry. But being denied because you smoked weed 5 years ago or 3 months ago is BS compared to hate speech which breeds more ignorance among easily manipulated minds that hoard in droves.

Ah!
Understood.
Yep, that is ridiculous. "Hate speech" is a term used by the weak, the easily mislead, or the retarded, but otherwise I agree that stopping someone at the border for past drug use is pretty fucking stupid.

Ah!
Understood.
Yep, that is ridiculous. "Hate speech" is a term used by the weak, the easily mislead, or the retarded, but otherwise I agree that stopping someone at the border for past drug use is pretty fucking stupid.
Our borders need to change how they operate they are too paranoid about frivolous shit and not paranoid enough about others. I swear some just like power trips. And i love crossing to NY to grocery shop i get 36 eggs for 3 bucks.

Back