American Detained in Canada for Smuggling Hate Speech, Denied Entry.

It's amazing to me that basically every Canadian not named Ezra Levant tolerates that kind of rot.

There's no political option to do anything but tolerate, if not outright promote, that kind of thing. We're just coming off of the most long lasting and powerful Conservative government in my lifetime, and they have gotten us to here, which is effectively the beginning of the new Liberal reign. And it's not as if the NDP would do anything other than rush headlong into supporting all of this hate-speech, PC, thought-policing madness.

That is how you compare such things.
When it comes to statistics in cases like crime, education or unemployment etc. you would have to compare countries that are on the same economic level, with the sort of same political systems.
That is what I mean with Western World. I didn't mean the actual western hemisphere. But what we consider the free, democratic world 1st world.
Mostly industrial nation North America, Western Europe, and Japan.

Not really. For crime you compare crime. For GDP you compare GDP.

If you want to use multiple variables to exclude sample cases then ok. But I don't know that political systems in Scandinavia are that much more similar to the USA than each and every country South of our border. I do know that the history and demographics of the US are nothing at all like any of the nations you allow for comparison. No worries though. I just find that sort of framing to be disingenuous and a blatant attempt to make America look worse than it is. The statistical fact of the matter is that the Gini coefficient is the best predictor out there, or so I'm told. And by that metric we compare more to the Western hemisphere nations that you exclude.

This is great news. Muslims are being oppressed and we need to embrace them since we all let them in.

Just more validation for those of us Americans who ignore the laughing and finger-pointing from foreigners.

I'd be happy to see the US welcome in more Canadian immigrants who wish to enjoy free speech.

I may be on my way if the progressive left keeps trying to ruin us from within.

It's not Islamophobic to disagree with a fairytale that actually spreads hate, misogyny, and control.

You're crying the equivalent of any butthurt Liberal throwing the R card at someone in the face of crime statistics.

Time to come to reality that us enabling people who believe in this crap is wrong and bad not only for our country but the world.

He basically got arrested for the equivalent of having notes on an anti-KKK speech.

What you get when you have no 1st amendment.

Their country their rules.

The good news, since Trump was elected lots 9f illegals are head out of the US and to there.

Jesus. As a kid, I always admired the way Canada was governed. They seemed to have good policy, for the most part.

But this makes it all worthless. If you visit a country and have to think twice about what you say for fear of being detained by police, that very quickly ruins the vacationing mood. Visiting Canada appears to be similar to visiting Saudi Arabia, at least in terms of censorship and free speech. Punishment is another story.

How did Canada let this happen? Do people not understand how much of a threat this is to them and their future? What about their kids? Very rarely do governments relinquish power once acquired.

Free speech doesn't exist in Canada. Legitimately disappointing.

We get denied from your country for cannabis use, which harms nobody. Hell i was turned around once for going to school in michigan for no reason and i had all proper paperwork and had been attending for weeks. Border control in general is retarded.

To be fair, being denied entry for an actual substance of which you are in possession (whether or not you think that substance should be legal) is a lot more justifiable than being denied. Entry for expressing the wrong opinions.

That's just sad. I get embarrassed to live here sometimes.

Jesus. As a kid, I always admired the way Canada was governed. They seemed to have good policy, for the most part.

But this makes it all worthless. If you visit a country and have to think twice about what you say for fear of being detained by police, that very quickly ruins the vacationing mood. Visiting Canada appears to be similar to visiting Saudi Arabia, at least in terms of censorship and free speech. Punishment is another story.

How did Canada let this happen? Do people not understand how much of a threat this is to them and their future? What about their kids? Very rarely do governments relinquish power once acquired.

Free speech doesn't exist in Canada. Legitimately disappointing.

It's not as bad as all that because in order to be charged someone has to make a complaint, and it has to work it's way up the ladder. It's not like you'll be pulled into the human rights tribunal the moment you badmouth Islam in Ontario. These laws exist and it's getting progressively worse, but realistically, you can live here and not even be aware of any of this, and in fact, the majority of Canadians aren't aware. Consequently, these laws don't represent the average Canadian perspective.

This specific incident occurred because of the amount of people that complained about the organization hosting the event, which is notoriously anti-Islamic. They were expecting Bill specifically because he is a strong opponent of Islam and was due to speak at the event, and they made an example out of him.

I assure you you can visit Canada and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
We went too far re: free speach restrictions years ago, but we have no obligation to grant americnas entry. i

detained for 7 (seven) hours for being found "IN POSSESSION" of hate speech

northern wall soon, please
Wouldn't it be less expensive to simply follow the laws of places you go?
Why is every right wing solution to a problem a ridiculously expensive non- solution?

William Finlay who goes by the moniker Wild Bill was detained for 7 hours at the Canadian border because he was found in possession of hate speech on his electronic tablet. He was held and questioned, and eventually released, but his tablet was sent to the Canadian capital for further scrutiny.

The so-called hate speech was critical against Sharia law and Islam, a speech he was due to give in Calgary. A special event permit for the event was denied by Calgary’s Department of Canadian Recreation “on the basis that your organization, and messages it espouses, are hateful.”

Wild Bill claims that this is the speech in question:

It is my opinion that Canada is going too far. Trudeau can't leave quick enough.

Sweet Jesus. Trudeau has turned your Mounties into the American Campus Police.

Back