America > Brazil > Russia > UK

Who gives a fuck about dive ball? No excuses necessary.

The whole world. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world and the World Cup is the biggest sporting event.

USA's failure of losing to these teams and not being able to qualify is nothing but shameful
Look at these countries infrastructure, economy and even players.

And don't tell me USA doesn't want that because it has been spending lots on the MLS and growth of the sport.

It's just lack of talent

Nobody would read a wall of butthurt text by a whitebelt.

Your last account probably got deleted for shitting on America, keep talking and this one's next

The response I've been getting from the other readers proves that people do indeed "read a wall of butthurt text".

I'm not "shitting on America" per se. I'm shitting on your ignorance. And what does it matter that I'm a "whitebelt"? You can be an amazing technicolor belt and it doesn't make you sound one bit smarter.

The whole world. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world and the World Cup is the biggest sporting event.

USA's failure of losing to these teams and not being able to qualify is nothing but shameful
Look at these countries infrastructure, economy and even players.

And don't tell me USA doesn't want that because it has been spending lots on the MLS and growth of the sport.

It's just lack of talent

Nobody in America cares about foosball when there are real sports to play and watch, hence our most talented athletes don't play it.

I hope you realize that Soccer is a sport, not a country. The leagues are all divided there and several huge championships as the World Cup and Champions League are not even included there.

Keep trying

Exactly if you included the Champions League teams (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man UTD, Liverpool, Man City etc etc) it would top the NFL, but it is a stupid point anyway.

A lot of this revenue is based on TV and sponsorship deals (The reason Premier League is the Top Football league - Biggest TV Deal out of Football teams). That just means people like me are stupid enough to fork out thousands a year to watch Live sports. Americans have always been more willing to spend top dosh on watching Live sports whether at stadiums or PPV. In a lot of countries they can't really justify that amount of money on Entertainment and have different priorities also their TV Networks don't go crazy and bid the rights to stupid levels affect the average consumer.

Nobody in America cares about foosball when there are real sports to play and watch, hence our most talented athletes don't play it.

You are basically proving my point. US Worldview = If we aren't good at something we will convince ourselves it is stupid and just change a few sports enough so we are the only ones playing and therefore can be World Champs ourselves. You know most of the world laughs at your 'Real' sports. I like them myself which is why I know, get massive ridicule here for liking NFL and Baseball.

You are basically proving my point. US Worldview = If we aren't good at something we will convince ourselves it is stupid and just change a few sports enough so we are the only ones playing and therefore can be World Champs ourselves. You know most of the world laughs at your 'Real' sports. I like them myself which is why I know, get massive ridicule here for liking NFL and Baseball.

No. Foosball is objectively stupid regardless whether or not the U.S. can field a good team. 21 guys standing around/jogging lightly while 1 guy tap dances and then takes a dive and writhes on the ground when he is brushed/not even contacted.

I dont like to live through others achievements just cuz they were born a few hundred miles away from me. TS clearly hasn't achieved anything in his life and has no goals to take pride in such bs.

US also has the biggest steroid abusing population and doesn't compete at the highest level in the one international sport that matters.

Ever wondered which country has produced the most champions and high level fighters in the UFC?

America is the obvious answer, but how many? And who comes in second? Brazil? Russia? Canada? UK?

TLDR? America by a fucking landslide.

Current Top 15 Fighters:

Heavyweight:

America: 5
Brazil: 2
Russia: 3

Light-Heavyweight:

America: 6
Russia: 1

Middleweight:

America: 7
Brazil: 5
Russia:

Welterweight:

America: 8
Brazil: 4
Russia:

Lightweight:

America: 12
Brazil: 1

Featherweight:

America: 10

Bantamweight:

America: 10
Russia:

Flyweight:

Women's Featherweight:

America:
Russia:

Women's Bantamweight:

America: 9
Brazil: 3
Russia:

Women's Strawweight:

Russia:

Current Champions:

America: 7

Former Champions:

America: 44
Brazil: 10
Russia: 0

Legends of the sport:

America: Jon Jones, Chuck Liddel, Randy Couture (I'm not going to write all of them down)
Brazil: Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Big Nog
Russia: Fedor, Igor and Taktarov

America is by far number one. 70% of our current champions (excluding Nicco Montano) are American. Brazil takes number two by a landslide. Russia and UK are very close. Out of all the roster, Russia has 7 top 15 fighters and the UK has 6.

Before some of you claim Russian's are taking over MMA, remember this; They are far behind Brazil, who are far behind Americans.
While what you say is true statistically speaking, we have to account for the number of fighters from each country. If there are 300 americans currently and only 50 russians and/or brazilians, then we have factor that into the stats. Like what percentage ranked fighters and how that equates to the number of total fighters. The other thing to consider is the popularity of mma in each country. So I still think america is number 1 overall, I think the gap closes some when you factor in sample size and popularity in the specific countries.

For instance, if 1 in 50,000 americans are mma fighters and 1 in 100,000 brazilians are mma fighters. I'd expect there to be a 2:1 ratio or some type of correlation from the number of ranked fighters or the total number of fighters in the UFC from said countries.

Oh and you just have to consider the population of the country. If 2 countries have similar interest in mma, but 1 country has 20m and the other has 10m, i'd except there to be roughly 50% more fighters/ranked fighters from the total. I know it doesn't work this way, but this plays a huge impact on success in mma.

While what you say is true statistically speaking, we have to account for the number of fighters from each country. If there are 300 americans currently and only 50 russians and/or brazilians, then we have factor that into the stats. Like what percentage ranked fighters and how that equates to the number of total fighters. The other thing to consider is the popularity of mma in each country. So I still think america is number 1 overall, I think the gap closes some when you factor in sample size and popularity in the specific countries.

For instance, if 1 in 50,000 americans are mma fighters and 1 in 100,000 brazilians are mma fighters. I'd expect there to be a 2:1 ratio or some type of correlation from the number of ranked fighters or the total number of fighters in the UFC from said countries.
Right on point, it was just way too long to go that deep. I just wanted to keep it simple. Thanks a lot for the input

Goats from each country
HW: Russia
LHW: USA
MW: Brazil
WW: Canada
LW: Soon to be Russia
FW: Brazil
BW: USA
FLW : USA

Russia being farely new to the UFC skews these rankings, if Russia's best fighters all fought in the UFC instead of ACB or FNG then there would be tons of top 15 Russian fighters. A few years from now with the UFC becoming bigger in Russia I can see Russia easily taking over the number 2 spot.

Yeah cause USADA has been around for over a decade, right?

<Kpop775>

Ohhh someone mad that Brazilians declined massively since Usada came in hehe

Dont worry buddy i am sure the all natural terminator looking guy at WW will be a champ soon

Lets look at it a different way....

Top 15 fighters

USA 83
Brazil 31
Russia 7

So yes, USA has more top 15 fighters.. but how many fighters does each nation have overall?

USA 278
Brazil 81
Russia 25

So lets do some maths...

28.00% of Russians in the UFC are in the top 15 of their divisions..

29.85% of American fighters are in teh top 15 of their divisions

37.04% of Brazilian fighters are in the top 15 of their divisions

Brazil are by all accounts more successful.

D28728AD-A91F-48FC-9701-EAB814A92757.gif 7394803F-CEF4-4E6A-8E16-A915B0980EDE.jpeg

Ohhh someone mad that Brazilians declined massively since Usada came in hehe

Dont worry buddy i am sure the all natural terminator looking guy at WW will be a champ soon
They've been on decline way before USADA.

<{1-1}>

I dont like to live through others achievements just cuz they were born a few hundred miles away from me. TS clearly hasn't achieved anything in his life and has no goals to take pride in such bs.

US also has the biggest steroid abusing population and doesn't compete at the highest level in the one international sport that matters.

But Russia

Doping in Russian sports has a systemic nature. Russia has had 41 Olympic medals stripped for doping violations – the most of any country, four times the number of the runner-up, and more than a quarter of the global total.

It's got to be hard to just ignore facts and make up your own bullshit. But keep on keeping on.

Can someone post that image of American medals at the Olympics again? Or do those not count towards your "international sport that matters category".

Maybe boxing, that's international.. go look at those numbers.

The 2 best fighters in the world come from canada and russia. Thats fact

Back