America > Brazil > Russia > UK

Brazil hasn't produce new talent as it used to for over a decade now. It's on the way out.

You forgot that Finland are our new overlords...

4f8c60f0-87d2-11e5-aa1c-d1da343237ef_Screen-Shot-2015-11-10-at-12-41-04-PM.png

USA has the most champions but they had a advantage in time. Interesting how it will look in 20 or 30 years. Happend to boxing too.

Germany invented the juice and fighters are just a bunch of limp dick carcasses made alive by it's powers.

Ever wondered which country has produced the most champions and high level fighters in the UFC?

America is the obvious answer, but how many? And who comes in second? Brazil? Russia? Canada? UK?

TLDR? America by a fucking landslide.

Current Top 15 Fighters:

Heavyweight:

America: 5
Brazil: 2
Russia: 3

Light-Heavyweight:

America: 6
Russia: 1

Middleweight:

America: 7
Brazil: 5
Russia:

Welterweight:

America: 8
Brazil: 4
Russia:

Lightweight:

America: 12
Brazil: 1

Featherweight:

America: 10

Bantamweight:

Russia:

Flyweight:

Women's Featherweight:

America:
Russia:

Women's Bantamweight:

America: 9
Brazil: 3
Russia:

Women's Strawweight:

Russia:

Current Champions:

Former Champions:

America: 44
Brazil: 10
Russia: 0

Legends of the sport:

America: Jon Jones, Chuck Liddel, Randy Couture (I'm not going to write all of them down)
Brazil: Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Big Nog
Russia: Fedor, Igor and Taktarov

America is by far number one. 70% of our current champions (excluding Nicco Montano) are American. Brazil takes number two by a landslide. Russia and UK are very close. Out of all the roster, Russia has 7 top 15 fighters and the UK has 6.

Before some of you claim Russian's are taking over MMA, remember this; They are far behind Brazil, who are far behind Americans.

I think you would need to add up the total numbers of fighters from inception to present for each country and then figure out what the percentage is.

Because America has probably had a bigger contestant pool so just listing the numbers is a bit misleading.

The UFC is pretty international..

{<jordan}

The country where the sport is the biggest, USA, it's still a niche sport. In other countries it's not even on radar. Brazil and England have football plus other sports before MMA. Hell in the UK it's not even the primary combat sport.

Ever wondered which country has produced the most champions and high level fighters in the UFC?

America is the obvious answer, but how many? And who comes in second? Brazil? Russia? Canada? UK?

TLDR? America by a fucking landslide.

Current Top 15 Fighters:

Heavyweight:

America: 5
Russia: 3

Light-Heavyweight:

America: 6

Middleweight:

Russia:

Welterweight:

Brazil: 4
Russia:

Lightweight:

America: 12

Featherweight:

Bantamweight:

Russia:

Flyweight:

Women's Featherweight:

America:
Russia:

Women's Bantamweight:

America: 9
Brazil: 3
Russia:

Women's Strawweight:

Russia:

Current Champions:

Former Champions:

America: 44
Brazil: 10
Russia: 0

Legends of the sport:

America: Jon Jones, Chuck Liddel, Randy Couture (I'm not going to write all of them down)
Brazil: Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Big Nog
Russia: Fedor, Igor and Taktarov

America is by far number one. 70% of our current champions (excluding Nicco Montano) are American. Brazil takes number two by a landslide. Russia and UK are very close. Out of all the roster, Russia has 7 top 15 fighters and the UK has 6.

Before some of you claim Russian's are taking over MMA, remember this; They are far behind Brazil, who are far behind Americans.
Who cares.

Why are Americans so obsessed with their country?

USADA hasn't been kind to the best of Brazil

Probably because the talent base is aging rapidly.

The problem I'd say is a lot of the best trainers have moved to the US and you don't have the same easy path into the bigtime you used to with Chute Boxe and BTT.

UFC was basically created by a brazilian...

In America

It would have never worked in Brazil, as proven by the fact that the Gracies had been doing their challenge thing for decades prior to the UFC to zero international fanfare.

It took American ingenuity and American business savvy to turn backwater dojo challenges into a multi billion dollar, internationally recognized sport.

Just more proof that America > rest of the world.

Plus of course the UFC bought out and shut down the biggest non US promotion.

If Pride was better and more powerful it wouldn't have been brought out and shut down in the first place now would it? Why didn't Pride buy out and shut down the UFC then go on to dominate the MMA space? Oh I know, because America >>> Japan. We bullied their asses in WW2 and they have not recovered ever since. They got their asses kicked so badly they came up with hentai anime. Think about that.

you realize that Brazil is america too ?

America> usa
Europe> uk

The U.K. is the size of Texas or some shit. It’s a wonder we even have any fighters in the ufc at all.

If Pride was better and more powerful it wouldn't have been brought out and shut down in the first place now would it? Why didn't Pride buy out and shut down the UFC then go on to dominate the MMA space? Oh I know, because America >>> Japan. We bullied their asses in WW2 and they have not recovered ever since. They got their asses kicked so badly they came up with hentai anime. Think about that.

It probably could have in the late 90's or early 00's but wasn't run with the same kind of monopolistic tendancys as the UFC was.

1. Murica: numbers don't lie
2. Russia: I kind of believe Schlemenko. I'm going to watch and see how it shakes out, but he claims Russia is already better than the US in terms of talent. He says just pay attention to how the decision machines start finishing people as soon as they leave Russia. In b4 khabib and khabilov
3. Brazil: I have a theory about Brazil. The country is full of natural talent. The issue is the fight iq and fight camp set ups. Based on the natural talent and history of great MMA fighters from Brazil, Brazil should be experiencing more success, but there seems to be a disconnect there. I feel like a lot of the fighters there just go through the motions without much rhyme or reason behind it.
4. Britain: Finally coming up. Wrestling was always their issue.

Back