America > Brazil > Russia > UK

It probably could have in the late 90's or early 00's but wasn't run with the same kind of monopolistic tendancys as the UFC was.

Could've would've should've.

Didn't happen, doesn't matter.

You need to leave your hick town once in a while and explore the world , kid. This aint the 70s no mo ...

Yet here you are, discussing an American sport in the sub-forum for an American company on an American site. Where do you watch your videos? Let me guess...YouTube? Where do you search for shit on the internet, let me guess...Google? Where do you get information, let me guess...Wikipedia?

American, American and American. Don't need to see the rest of the world when you already have the best in the world.

Could've would've should've.

Didn't happen, doesn't matter.

Well if your talking about the UFC acting in a fashion that's potentially not in the best interest of international MMA then yes it does.

Well if your talking about the UFC acting in a fashion that's potentially not in the best interest of international MMA then yes it does.

Because Pride was less about theatrics and more about the sport and competition? You mean with all the mafia ties that eventually got then shit canned in Japan, the fixed fights, rampant PED use and the freakshows?

No, it doesn't matter and since it never happened it's pure irrelevant fantasy. If Pride had the power they'd have taken over the UFC, but they didn't, because America > Japan, end of story. Every time China antagonizes Japan, what does the Japanese do? That's right, they cry home to their American daddy. Japanese had to put up with all the US military bases because we own their asses.

Keep holding bitterness deep in your non American bum souls while enjoying everything America provides for you.

Case in point: you're on a sub-forum for the biggest American promotion, on an American website about a sport that was created and popularized in America

We have the greatest universities with the most Novel laureates, we have the biggest blockbuster films the richest sports leagues the most Olympic medals, the biggest companies. Americans created the internet....the list goes on. Americans invented the a bomb and we rescued the world from WW2. We are simply the best country in the world.
some say the Russians won WW2... lmao...

ya know... Stalingrad..Kursk...

Because Pride was less about theatrics and more about the sport and competition? You mean with all the mafia ties that eventually got then shit canned in Japan, the fixed fights, rampant PED use and the freakshows?

No, it doesn't matter and since it never happened it's pure irrelevant fantasy. If Pride had the power they'd have taken over the UFC, but they didn't, because America > Japan, end of story. Every time China antagonizes Japan, what does the Japanese do? That's right, they cry home to their American daddy. Japanese had to put up with all the US military bases because we own their asses.

Again I'd say the difference is there wasn't the monopolistic business mentality that Zuffa brought, they wanted to be the biggest org doubtless but they didn't go out of their way to take down the competition the way the UFC have which has IMHO clearly hurt MMA development.

Ever wondered which country has produced the most champions and high level fighters in the UFC?

America is the obvious answer, but how many? And who comes in second? Brazil? Russia? Canada? UK?

TLDR? America by a fucking landslide.

Current Top 15 Fighters:

Heavyweight:

America: 5
Brazil: 2
Russia: 3

Light-Heavyweight:

America: 6
Russia: 1

Middleweight:

America: 7
Brazil: 5
Russia:

Welterweight:

America: 8
Brazil: 4
Russia:

Lightweight:

America: 12
Brazil: 1

Featherweight:

America: 10

Bantamweight:

Russia:

Flyweight:

Women's Featherweight:

America:
Russia:

Women's Bantamweight:

America: 9
Brazil: 3
Russia:

Women's Strawweight:

Russia:

Current Champions:

Former Champions:

America: 44
Brazil: 10
Russia: 0

Legends of the sport:

America: Jon Jones, Chuck Liddel, Randy Couture (I'm not going to write all of them down)
Brazil: Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Big Nog
Russia: Fedor, Igor and Taktarov

America is by far number one. 70% of our current champions (excluding Nicco Montano) are American. Brazil takes number two by a landslide. Russia and UK are very close. Out of all the roster, Russia has 7 top 15 fighters and the UK has 6.

Before some of you claim Russian's are taking over MMA, remember this; They are far behind Brazil, who are far behind Americans.
MarriedShorttermArabianwildcat-size_restricted.gif

Ever wondered which country has produced the most champions and high level fighters in the UFC?

America is the obvious answer, but how many? And who comes in second? Brazil? Russia? Canada? UK?

Current Top 15 Fighters:

Heavyweight:

Light-Heavyweight:

Middleweight:

Russia:

Welterweight:

Russia:

Lightweight:

Featherweight:

Bantamweight:

Russia:

Flyweight:

Women's Featherweight:

America:
Russia:

Women's Bantamweight:

Russia:

Women's Strawweight:

Russia:

Current Champions:

Former Champions:

Legends of the sport:

America: Jon Jones, Chuck Liddel, Randy Couture (I'm not going to write all of them down)

America is by far number one. 70% of our current champions (excluding Nicco Montano) are American. Brazil takes number two by a landslide. Russia and UK are very close. Out of all the roster, Russia has 7 top 15 fighters and the UK has 6.

Before some of you claim Russian's are taking over MMA, remember this; They are far behind Brazil, who are far behind Americans.

Lets look at it a different way....

Top 15 fighters

USA 83
Brazil 31
Russia 7

So yes, USA has more top 15 fighters.. but how many fighters does each nation have overall?

USA 278
Brazil 81
Russia 25

So lets do some maths...

28.00% of Russians in the UFC are in the top 15 of their divisions..

29.85% of American fighters are in teh top 15 of their divisions

37.04% of Brazilian fighters are in the top 15 of their divisions

Brazil are by all accounts more successful.

you realize that Brazil is america too ?

America> usa
Europe> uk

The United States of America is called "America" in English. The landmass that includes both America and Brazil is usually called the Americas, the New World, or the western hemisphere.

I know that some South Americans like to make the point that the USA doesn't encompass all of "America" or "the Americas", (North and South). I understand the point to a certain extent, but what's done is done. We named this country America more than 200 years ago, and we have no other name for it. I'm not always going to say "United States of America", just like a Brazilian isn't always going to say "Federative Republic of Brazil". The name is what it is.

Historically, there wasn't a good widespread name for the region that would later become the USA, and the Thirteen Colonies called themselves America partly because they were the first independent state in the Americas and were, at least theoretically, building themselves on a philosophy of New World-based independence from European colonialism (a philosophy that later culminated in the independence of other states in Latin America).

In short, we called ourselves America because we were the only significant nation-state really based in "America" at that time - Brazil was Portugal and Mexico was Spain at that point. There's a certain arrogance to that name, perhaps, an arrogance which might offend other "American" countries. But again, we have no other name for it. I am NOT always going to say "United States of America." Sometimes I'm just going to say "America", and Canadians and Brazilians and whoever else will just have to deal with it.

Who cares about America inventing the internet? None of that would be possible without Michael Faraday, Alessandro Volta and Alan Turing. Europeans are the most innovative and ingenious people on the planet. It took a cataclysmic shock like a world war to dethrone us and yet we still hold our own in many regards with America today. The UFC is only the biggest MMA promotion because of money and advertising. It's the same for Sherdog and who gives a fuck about money? Any idiot can win the lottery or, as in America's case, be born into an over abundance of natural resources. Considering how wealthy the US is it's surprising that it took this long for them to catch up with Europe.

Russia is still quite new to the UFC... they haven't ever had so much fighters. Maybe a lot of them won't become champions, but you can't deny guys have a solid place in the top 10/5 in the coming years.

Lol they've been there since UFC 1, and pride. The idea that there new to mma is a very new idea created by casuals

I think everyone not born into a third world hell hole should just be grateful.

PS thanks America for Arnie movies.

Louis dropping those red, white, and blue bombs on mofuckas in here!

The United States of America is called "America" in English. The landmass that includes both America and Brazil is usually called the Americas, the New World, or the western hemisphere.

I know that some South Americans like to make the point that the USA doesn't encompass all of "America" or "the Americas", (North and South). I understand the point to a certain extent, but what's done is done. We named this country America more than 200 years ago, and we have no other name for it. I'm not always going to say "United States of America", just like a Brazilian isn't always going to say "Federative Republic of Brazil". The name is what it is.

Historically, there wasn't a good widespread name for the region that would later become the USA, and the Thirteen Colonies called themselves America partly because they were the first independent state in the Americas and were, at least theoretically, building themselves on a philosophy of New World-based independence from European colonialism (a philosophy that later culminated in the independence of other states in Latin America).

In short, we called ourselves America because we were the only significant nation-state really based in "America" at that time - Brazil was Portugal and Mexico was Spain at that point. There's a certain arrogance to that name, perhaps, an arrogance which might offend other "American" countries. But again, we have no other name for it. I am NOT always going to say "United States of America." Sometimes I'm just going to say "America", and Canadians and Brazilians and whoever else will just have to deal with it.

you pretty much summed up why the rest of the world hate your guts

Current Top 15 Fighters:

Heavyweight:

Light-Heavyweight:

Middleweight:

Russia:

Welterweight:

Russia:

Lightweight:

Featherweight:

Bantamweight:

Russia:

Flyweight:

Women's Featherweight:

America:
Russia:

Women's Bantamweight:

Russia:

Women's Strawweight:

Russia:

Current Champions:

Former Champions:

Legends of the sport:

The organization is not neutral, the ruleset fits American fighters, they get more UFC shots, are more promoted because the main target is the American audience, most events are in america etc.

It’s neither good or bad but nothing like a neutral competition such as the world championships or olympics

Back