Am I the only one who thought Thompson beat Woodley?

I don't think there can be any dispute that Woodley won Rounds 1 and 4. Round 4 was unquestionably a 10-8 Round. Round 1 was arguably 10-9 or 10-8 depending on how significant you think the damage was. If it was a 10-9 Round for Woodley you can argue a draw. If it was 10-8 then Woodley won. That's how I see it. Wonderboy's Rounds were clearly 10-9 so if you give him Rounds 2, 3 and 5 at best you can say it was a draw or Woodley won. I can't see a reasonable argument for Wonderboy winning.

I thought he clearly lost.

he finished strong though could see him taking the rematch

I dont like Woodley but if you are getting droped you cant win a fight . Woodley won that fight .

How could anyone believe Thompson won? The best I'll give Wonderboy is a draw which he fought for valiantly for.

If Thompson is willing to go out on his sword again this fight I appreciate the gesture as a blood sport fan and

WAR THOMPSON.{<buffer}

I dont like Woodley but if you are getting droped you cant win a fight . Woodley won that fight .
Clealry you can. If you win 4 rounds and get dropped in the other you've won the fight.

Having said that it was a draw.

I thought Thompson won also but only after rewatching the fight.

I thought Thompson was just going to come in there and pick him apart, control the range, make him look bad in a flashy show. It turned out to be a dogfight, an ugly gritty battle and maybe that's why I thought Woodley won when I first watched it.

There's no way any sane individual can think Thompson won that fight

He got brutalized in 2 rounds n had 3 close rounds

You can make an argument he didn't win 1 single round

There is no legit argument that woodley won round 2.

Thompson got beat up.

Floored twice.

Nearly choked out with the guil.

No way he did enough for even a draw.

He got hit so hard his facial expression was frozen for a couple of seconds. He almost got finished twice.

Yeah. I don't see how you could see it that way. But that's cool.

I thought Thompson won. 3-2 with no 10-8 for the 4th. He survived the punch, escaped the choke and was throwing punches from top position at the end.

TS is reported for racism

I had it for Woodley, 48-47 for Woodley. Thompson was way too hesitant in the fight and didn't let it go.

I thought it was either barely Woodley, or a draw, which is exactly how the judges saw it, even though I wanted Thompson to win. I couldn't really get the math to line up for Thompson winning. Remember, this isn't Pride. You score each round individually and add them up.

Nice to see the judges get one completely right.

Back