Am I the only one who thought Thompson beat Woodley?

Thompson's biggest accomplishment of the fight was surviving the knockdown, GnP, and guillotine. Why the fuck do you think he was smiling his ass off when the draw was announced? He knew he got lucky as hell.

3A52DFAF00000578-3931102-image-a-84_1479015689679.jpg

Its almost as if he is looking at his hands like "This isn't my blood." or "Huh, I guess I'm bleeding."

Mma is interesting because it's a sport and it's a fight.

Thompson won the sport aspect of it, Woodley won the fight aspect. I think it was a blessing it actually came out a draw because Idk how you could score it any other way.

Woodley didn't do much for a large percentage of the fight, while Thompson landed good shots for most. But Woodley obviously did more damage.

I thought that Woodley won but a draw wasn't hard to reason. I definitely don't think that Wonder Boy won that fight.

There should be no legit way you had Thompson winning.

I fucking despise Woodley and scored it a draw. Had Wonderboy not had top position with a few decent shots, round 4 is arguably 10-7. I scored it 10-8 because of how round 4 ended.

Round 1 - Woodley - 10-9
Round 2 - Wonderboy - 10-9
Round 3 - Wonderboy - 10-9
Round 4 - Woodley - 10-8
Round 5 - Wonderboy - 10-9

47-47

Not sure how you can win a championship fight by surviving

No way WB won that in my mind.

He took more damage than dished out.

The rounds he won weren't as impressive as the ones he lost.

He was the title challenger. "You have to earn that belt"

In my eyes, the draw was fair because tyron fucked up by not finishing Stephen and then putting in a meh effort in the 5th.

Wonderboy showed crazy heart in that fight and earned a draw but certainly not a victory.

I think almost the same amount of media members gave Woodley the fight as scored it a draw
with rounds 2 or 3 being argued for Woodley because they were very close, even just on pure numbers, and round 1 being argued a 10-8 which you can make that argument on the new criteria easier than you could on the old one
I just don't see it. Having rewatched it closely Wonderboy threw more strikes and landed more strikes in 2 and 3. The only thing Woodley had going for him was the fence control in round 2.

Round 1 was a 10-8 for woodley imo. Strikes were 45-1. Complete domination by woodley and easily warrants a 10-8.
I've rewatched the round and that really doesn't give a fair reflection of the round. If you stopped the fight at 4 minutes 30 into the round, Wonderboy would have went to his corner having not ate a proper strike to the head the whole round. He cut him in the final 30 seconds, landing 3 or 4 elbows. Again, if we compare the ground and pound to Khabib's that same night, you'll see what true domination/duration/damage is. He was stuck in half guard for 2 and a half minutes, hitting the body to stay active.

I just didn't see it. Having rewatched it closely Wonderboy threw more strikes and landed more strikes in 2 and 3. The only thing Woodley had going for him was the fence control in round 2.

Statistically in round 3 Thompson landed about two more strikes, with Woodley in my opinion landing the cleaner harder strikes in the last minute or so (and also landing more head strikes)

No the delusional ones are the ones who think Woodley won. It was a pretty easy to score 3 rounds for Thompson, 2 to Woodley. Either Thompson wins or we've got a draw if round 4 was 10-8.

THIS ! it was a draw, but if someone won was thompson, it was clear that he won 3 rounds and woodley 2

It was a very clear Woodley won rnds 1 and 4, Thompson won rnds 2, 3, and 5.

Woodleys 10-8 round saved his belt. He spent more time of that 25 minute fight losing than he did winning and vice versa for Wonderboy.

Had it a draw and was shocked the judges got it right. Too many fans look at a fight as a whole and that's not how MMA scoring works. Yes, Woodley had the biggest moments and did the most damage, but round by round scoring, it was a draw.

He was outstriking him, all Woodley had was one big punch and a gullitone that he escaped

I had it 3 to 2 for Thompson. Tyron had the 10-8 round......IMO it was draw at best for Woodely cause Thompson won three rounds.

There's no way any sane individual can think Thompson won that fight

He got brutalized in 2 rounds n had 3 close rounds

You can make an argument he didn't win 1 single round

I just don't see it. Having rewatched it closely Wonderboy threw more strikes and landed more strikes in 2 and 3. The only thing Woodley had going for him was the fence control in round 2.

I've rewatched the round and that really doesn't give a fair reflection of the round. If you stopped the fight at 4 minutes 30 into the round, Wonderboy would have went to his corner having not ate a proper strike to the head the whole round. He cut him in the final 30 seconds, landing 3 or 4 elbows. Again, if we compare the ground and pound to Khabib's that same night, you'll see what true domination/duration/damage is. He was stuck in half guard for 2 and a half minutes, hitting the body to stay active.
Cuts dont matter... strikes were 45-1 did you see the new rules during the browne/lewis card? If anything 10-7s should be given out cause that was a clear 10-8 imo. Wonderboy did absolutely nothing the first round. Try to justify it all you want.

Did you score that round a 10-8 for Woodley? I think it was the 3rd or 4th? Where he almost ripped WB's head off? If so, you have to score it a draw because even WB thinks he lost the 1st round.
Of course he lost the 1st round he was out struck something ridiculous I think he landed 1 punch.

Back