Am I the only one who thought Thompson beat Woodley?

Woodley won. I'm not talking who left with the belt, I'm not talking who played the points game better... that's arguable. I'm talking about the fight. Woodley definitely won the fight. I applauded Wonderboy for surviving that fight. I gave him props for losing like a man. Will carry this respect and admiration for both guys into the rematch.

But no, Wonderboy certainly did not with a fight where he got out-wrestled, out-struck, and out-jitzed

giggity

I thought it was a draw which is why they are running it back. Hopefully Wonderboy makes some adjustments and is able to not let it go to the judges this time.

smh
patriot fans
I don't live in New England any more.

But being a Pats fan means knowing what a winner looks like.
13525325_1568674860094463_1315577543_n.jpg

I thought that he could have won on points but again that just highlights what is wrong with the scoring system. The draw is fine but Tyron really won the "fight".

No the delusional ones are the ones who think Woodley won. It was a pretty easy to score 3 rounds for Thompson, 2 to Woodley. Either Thompson wins or we've got a draw if round 4 was 10-8.

You're not the only one. A few more of you are also wrong.

A lot depends on how you judge fights. I have my own, personal judging system that is often ad odds with the 10pt system. I think Hendo beat up Bisping but Bisping won on the scorecards of the 10pt system. For the same reason, Wonderboy might have earned a decision here but there's no way you can tell me he beat up Woodley.

Round 1 was a 10-8 for woodley imo. Strikes were 45-1. Complete domination by woodley and easily warrants a 10-8.

I was going for Thompson and I'm rooting for him again, but you're retarded if you gave Wonderboy the win. Wonderboy barely won the rounds he won while Woodley dominated rounds 1 and 4. Round 1 was a 10-8, round 4 was a 10-8 maybe 10-7. The rounds wonderboy won were 10-9's. Fights have to be judged like this to stop number one bullshit decisions. You have brain damage if you score all the rounds 10-9.

I like it when judges appropriately give out 10-8 scores when its pretty clearly deserving, and thats a positive trend.

Wonderboy let that fight get away from him in the 4th round. He definitely was winning the point fighting but nearly got put away and didn't do anything big in the 5th to try and get it back.

Scored it a draw but half expected 2 judges to forget 10-8s exist and give WB the majority win

As for those arguing that the new rules would have made the first round 10-8, they didn't change the scoring as much as clarified it. When Big John explained the whole Damage Dominance Duration thing he kept using 3.5 minutes as an example of duration needed for a 10-8, so the first round wouldn't satisfy that criteria and half guard might not even qualify as Dominance. Again going by Big Johns examples a Dominance+Duration 10-8 would be more of a typical Demian Maia round where he spends most of the round in back mount

Back