News Alex Pereira wants Magomed Ankalaev next instead of Jamahal Hill

Who would be a tougher opponent for Poatan?

• Total voters
Massive balls of steel for Poatan. Now sign the dotted line and won everyone's respect.

Yeah, but that's been a while ago right. Is it still taking 7 months?

Ehh... I think they have shafted Ank long enough and protected Alex long enough. Walker vs Ank is awesome though, might as well give Walker the next shot, after. But maybe that's too much to ask.

Even though he got a shot against Jan and handled that situation poorly, I still think he has done enough. I'd be a little surprised if the UFC makes it though
Eh. Dana was the one that handled that poorly. It was a good match,guy was frustrated he lost. He got injured and fought with whatever he had left. It happens. Dana fuckin threw both of them under the bus for getting a draw and leaving the LHW unresloved. Like a big baby.

Massive balls of steel for Poatan. Now sign the dotted line and won everyone's respect.
He can only sign what UFC sends to him. He might want it but they choose wether it happens.

Respect for Alex for wanting Dagestani lion!

Eh. Dana was the one that handled that poorly. It was a good match,guy was frustrated he lost. He got injured and fought with whatever he had left. It happens. Dana fuckin threw both of them under the bus for getting a draw and leaving the LHW unresloved. Like a big baby.

They both handled it poorly in their own ways. Ank couldn't handle that it was a draw, which was pretty fair judgement IMO, and got mad. He should have done more if it bothers him so much. Get mad at yourself for not doing better in a clearly very close fight, don't get mad at the judges for calling a super close fight a draw. Or just don't get mad, but accept your own responsibility in having a super close fight, learn from it and do better next time.

Anyway, it's not a big deal but I do think he didn't handle it very well.

ballsy from alex to want the best wrestler in lhw. far more dangereous then hill.

Alex saw what Jan did to him so he knows it'll be easy work.

This the same guy they had to carry out the octagon after jiri was done with him? <45> <Lmaoo>

Blows my mind how underrated Hill is. I think he sleeps Pereira if he can return to form.

Magomed has not been very impressive to me and is not some force on the ground despite his name.

Not some force in the ground? Bro, mid tier one dimensional boxer Hill got dominated by 40 year old striker with no knees Thiago Santos on the ground lol.

Dude made a name fighting a 50 year old last minute Glover coming off a loss in a patchwork Brazil card.

The only reason Hill even got a call is because Dana got pissed at Jan and Ank for fighting to a draw… he was literally the back up to the backups lol.

So you hate UFC

What's to hate about a Hollywood talent agent and the greedy, lying, wife beating cunt he gets to treat fighters like slaves to line both of their pockets?

I mean Dana's own mother despised him, but I can't see why anyone else would.

I like this call out. If he can beat Ank and get him out of the way we can finally put an end to "hE HasNT FoUGht A REaL GrAppLER BROO" argument that every Poatan hater is willing to go out on their shield for.
Nah, Ankalaev is gonna have a brain fart again and decide to strike Alex like he did to Jan, so ppl will say "BuT AnK DiDnT rAsSLe!"

Nah, Ankalaev is gonna have a brain fart again and decide to strike Alex like he did to Jan, so ppl will say "BuT AnK DiDnT rAsSLe!"
That's exactly what I was counting on happening but they swear it will be different. We've seen it happen enough in recent years to pretty much know that that is exactly how it plays out nearly every single time.

Ankalaev is fighting Walker in January. He still needs to win that one first
I really hope that Ank gets sparked because I find him so boring and have actually like Johnny for a long time. I also think Walker is deserving of this career resurgence since he stopped accidently poisoning himself for years like a knucklehead.
If Ank actually gets the fight against Alex, it will be his least competitive fight in the division and he will absolutely shadowrealm Ankalaev.

I guess calling out Izzy didn’t work. Imagine having two titles and all you can think about is the smaller guy who ko’d you stiff. He should actually be appreciative of Izzy, if he wasn’t for him, he’d be at a bar somewhere.

2 things:

1. Why is Hill out? Is he injured?

2. Mad respect if Alex actually fights Ankalaev next. Still very late, but glad he finally shows he doesn't want to be protected anymore.
Yeah Hill is injured, and the recovery will take quite some time (Alex said he doesn’t want to wait that long).

He already has everyone's respect.
He has been fighting nothing but killers, no filler fights, no tune ups.

He just dove In the deep end and started playing kill or be killed with the meanest sharks he could find.

Yeah Hill is injured, and the recovery will take quite some time (Alex said he doesn’t want to wait that long).

Thanks, buddeh! Is it the sa injury he vacated the belt for or is this a new one?

Back