Media 'Fat Boy' Jamahal Hill & 'Not Very Bright' Magomed Ankalaev exchange words

if they ever do fight, Ank will be a heavy favorite.

Strickland's a good comparison, although Jamahal was more deserving than even that. Guy was coming off of three consecutive knockouts over ranked fighters. LHW has generally been a mess, but he probably deserved the shot over everyone else available.
well there was only jiri (injured) glover, ankelaev, jan, and ankelaev. For hill to have gotten a shot an entire top 5 had to be out of the picture more or less

He says bright a lot but in fairness nobody has ever bought a ppv for either guy.

I wonder how far back the premise of a Twitter beef could go...

Do you think there were people writing on parchment with quill pens:

"You sire, are a bitch. You are not worthy of a 3 day ride on my steed but I assure you should you ever find yourself in Roanoke I shall be the first to slap you across your face and tell you in no uncertain terms that you are in fact a bitch.

PS: your mother is a maiden of the night of the most affordable variety!"
Lol a serious answer though, there's alot of old accounts in ancient history of people talking shit to eachother over mail. It usually ended in war or some kind of bloodshed.

Resume-yes? Yes he does.

Situation-wise? Nah.

Jamahal should have it on lock because he did the right thing in vacating the belt. UFC should do the right thing in order to reciprocate the title shot back to him upon his return. 100%.
I’m sure the UFC intends to. Dana said as much. Right now it’s a matter of timeframes. If they can get Alex vs Whomever at 300. Hill gets his shot on his return. But the whole idea of him vacating was to not hold the division up.

So if Alex is ready to go a couple months before Hill. The UFC will pull the trigger. They still need a ME for 300.

We will have to see how Hill’s recovery goes. But if he can’t be ready for 300. He’ll have to wait until sometime during the summer probably.

I'm not even an Ank fan like that but he does deserve a TS more than Hill. Hill got very lucky things played out the way they did and he got to fight a Glover that was on his way out instead of Ank, Jan or Jiri.

Ankaelev had his title shot and he choked.

Hill got his opportunity and seized it.

Ankaleav doesn't deserve another title shot, yet.

Ank drew for the title. A thing that almost always certainly guarantees an instant rematch

You are right Hill did seize it but he also fought a 43 year old Glover that was coming off of a 5 round war with Jiri that took the last of what he had left out of him. Not to mention he only had a turn around time of 6 months which is quite a short amount of time for someone his age who just went to war for 5 rounds. Mean while Ank fought a Jan that was still plenty dangerous and had a lot left in him. Jan fought to decisions with Alex and Ank, he was undoubtedly the harder match up than the Glover who fought Hill. So I don't know how Ank doesn't deserve another TS when he's still undefeated and should have gotten a rematch immediately like anyone else would in that situation. Along with the fact that there's literally no one else that deserves one right now other than Ank aside from Hill.

Back