Media Alex Pereira faces off with Ciryl Gane

Who wins if they were to fight?

• Total voters
I'm a Pereira fan, but I pick Gane.

Dude is a lot thicker, way more bone and tissue density.
Size doesn't always determine matchups but it would be a big factor in this one IMO.

Cain beat up Brock pretty good but Cain had top tier grappling for HW standards which nullified any size advantage Brock could have imposed on him.

Gane and Poatan aren't seasoned wrestlers so size would play a much bigger factor if Gane decided to go that route.

Size doesn't always determine matchups but it would be a big factor in this one IMO.

Cain beat up Brock pretty good but Cain had top tier grappling for HW standards which nullified any size advantage Brock could have imposed on him.

Gane and Poatan aren't seasoned wrestlers so size would play a much bigger factor if Gane decided to go that route.

I agree with you.

Not only size, but I think Gane is faster and more nimble on his feet.

Pereira's "devastating" punches at middleweight will not carry the same effect at heavyweight, either.

Meanwhile Gane has decent power, but they will feel like TNT bombs on Pereira's chin.

Time will tell.

at mw poatan is already slow
he would move like a robot adding more weight
gane is the more agile and faster fighter even if he has alot of weight
poatan got ko'd already
id go with gane on this one

The Poatan that exists in people's minds is not the inactive and very hittable Poatan that exists in reality.

Gane would piece him up.
Hittable, yes, we all agree. But inactive? Dude fought like three or four times in a year. Nothing unbeliavable, but in this age that people love rank squatting, it's amazing.

I don't think he has the bone density though.

He's very tall, but seems frail by comparison — especially to Gane.
I disagree. He's pushing 230lbs and he doesn't even look remotely close to bulky. For a guy to be that heavy without looking like a swollen unit means that he's got deceptively dense bones/big frame.

I disagree. He's pushing 230lbs and he doesn't even look remotely close to bulky. For a guy to be that heavy without looking like a swollen unit means that he's got deceptively dense bones/big frame.

It means exactly the opposite.

Alex is walking around with water-weight, not actual body mass.
(What you think all of that dehydrating is doing the final week of weight cut? It's purging Alex of all that water.)

Ray Charles can see that Ciryl Gane is authentically the bigger man.

No way could Ciryl Lose a bunch of "waterway" and go down to 205, let alone 185, like Alex can do.

Alex's bone density + muscle mass are clearly bigger than Pereira's

Alex "walks around" at the weight Ciryl Gane dries-out to be.

You can "disagree" all you want, but you are simply wrong.

Pretty sure he was 250 on the dot against Spivak, and lean too. He's straight up built different than Pereira, big difference in muscle between the two.
It wasn’t a good 250 lbs for Gane. But then again it was vs a tomato can so it didn’t really matter. But Ganes usual weight is in the mid 230’s.

Back