Alex Oliveira Says Carlos Condit 'Went to Sleep,' Woke Up, Before Tapping to Choke (gif inside)

You are supposed to keep going til the ref stops it. Suppose you release the pressure and condit is immediately conscious again?

Smarter move would have been for cowboy to say to the ref "he's out!", take it from there
If someone goes out in a choke and you release they won't be conscious immediatly. Doesn't really matter anyway. He didn't warn the ref or let it go. Which makes me believe that Condit wasn't out.

Stupidity of sherdog amazes me.

You pass out because the oxygen pathways to the brain have been stopped.

You cannot regain consciousness until the pathways have been reopened and even then it still takes several seconds for your concousness to return.

When your in a position where the choke is almost in, a lot of times you won't move because any movements could give the opponent the space he needs to close it up.

its literally objectively impossible to wake up from a choke if that choke is still happening

not like pressure magically released from his neck u dig

That isn't how it works. Rofl. Did Machida wake up in half a second after Bones let go of the guillotine? No. You've obviously never seen someone choked out IRL.
yes I have in practice. Again, read or listen to the goddamn interview so you don't look so foolish.

I don't see from the video that he ever went limp. Actually think the video shows the opposite quite obviously.

It isn't a reasonable argument on your part either. He would probably be the first person in history to wake up from a choke while still in the choke.
they were both moving as the choke was in. you obviously missed the part about him adjusting the choke. how stupid can you be? I'm just done arguing with dummies.

have you ever taken a bjj class? have you ever choked someone, or been choked. I have.

you don't go balls to the wall in the EXACT same position the entire time. People flop. Their hands move. They twist. The person choking might get cramps in their hands. There is constant re-adjusting.

You don't just slap on a sub and everyone stays motionless and the person getting subbed automatically taps.

Taking a fucking BJJ class and get back to us.

believe what you want to, since you know it all.

I thought he was out, was surprised to see the tap.

ya alex had the best view in the house. looking over the back of condits neck. could really see into his eyes and know when he went out. you sir are an idiot lol
Not sure if you are trying to out-idiot the other know it all idiot and mean it or maybe you are making fun of all the arm chair morons who never took an MMA class, but are world class experts on every aspect of MMA.

I'm pretty sure you know that you don't have to be looking directly into someone's eyes to tell if they go out if you have your arms wrapped around his neck and you are body to body with him.

Either way. I'm done. I can only handle so much stupidity per day.

Condit was not out. Look at his right hand as he is going down. He stretched his hand to brace himself. You can see he even spreads his fingers, showing he was aware of what was happening.

If he was out, his right hand would have been limp, and he would have gone down machida style ( vs Jones)

I don’t know about when he was on he ground though, he was very still for a few seconds, I’m guessing he was buying time to see if the choke would loosen up but he eventually tapped

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ca...This-Game-But-Maybe-My-Time-Has-Passed-135137

“Post choke out, where the f—k am I , WTF happened, feeling kinda warm and fuzzy , hope I didn't just piss my shorts on live TV , thousand yard stare,” he wrote. “I've posted plenty of pictures looking like a badass. Triumphant and powerful... But here's the flip side, crumpled and weak in defeat. Rough day at the office.
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ca...My-Time-Has-Passed-135137#KR8GVwH0cjeRxRsq.99

You guessed wrong

If someone goes out in a choke and you release they won't be conscious immediatly. Doesn't really matter anyway. He didn't warn the ref or let it go. Which makes me believe that Condit wasn't out.
“Post choke out, where the f—k am I , WTF happened, feeling kinda warm and fuzzy , hope I didn't just piss my shorts on live TV , thousand yard stare,” he wrote. “I've posted plenty of pictures looking like a badass. Triumphant and powerful... But here's the flip side, crumpled and weak in defeat. Rough day at the office.
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ca...My-Time-Has-Passed-135137#KR8GVwH0cjeRxRsq.99

That's why Condit was wondering where the fuck he was and wondering what happened, correct?

That isn't how it works. Rofl. Did Machida wake up in half a second after Bones let go of the guillotine? No. You've obviously never seen someone choked out IRL.

So Condit said he wondered where the fuck he was, he also wanted to know what happened, and has hoping he didn't piss in his shorts. I wonder if he went out?

Wait...you're the expert! Please explain it to me, since I never saw someone get choked out before....

ya alex had the best view in the house. looking over the back of condits neck. could really see into his eyes and know when he went out. you sir are an idiot lol

Condit wondered where the fuck he was and what happened at the end of the fight and was hoping he didn't piss in his shorts.

I'm kind of an idiot. Can you explain to me what happened?

its literally objectively impossible to wake up from a choke if that choke is still happening

not like pressure magically released from his neck u dig

I don't see how anyone can say for certain Condit goes limp from watching that gif. It doesn't look like he did to me, but the angle makes it impossible to tell for sure when he's up against the fence. To me it seemed like he was just trying to wait the choke out. I've seen plenty of guys not really defend and kinda relax while getting choked - and some of them end up surviving from that tactic. Controlling your breathing while getting choked is probably important. If you panic and thrash about when you're already being depleted of some oxygen, I would imagine you go out quicker.

As for everyone saying "Oliveira" would know more than anyone - I don't agree with that either. Plenty of fighters are wrong about what they think happened in the heat of the moment. That's why you see a lot of guys complaining during legitimate stoppages that they weren't really knocked out, etc.

That's why Condit was wondering where the fuck he was and wondering what happened, correct?
Yep. Mb. I was wrong. Happy? Did you really feel the need to post that 6 times to show how smart you are?

Dumbass

Two things

1. everyone, it seems, wants Cruz to be wrong

2. Why did dood steal Cerrone's nick name?

Yep. Mb. I was wrong. Happy? Did you really feel the need to post that 6 times to show how smart you are?

Dumbass
Yes, I did. It's for morons like you who selectively read and see what they want, call people dumbass/stupid, etc. when others don't agree with them, and become mute when evidence appears that proves they are wrong.

I like how you are wrong...again, but call me a dumbass. This is why I love Sherdog.

Note that my posts are for different people who were convinced or fairly certain that Condit was not out.

Not everyone has the alerts set up to notify them for each reply, so they might not be aware of my reply to your post. (Also, not everyone logs in to Sherdog and says, "Hey, before I get started, let me review all the replies to TCanaveira's posts, so I can keep up to date in the MMA world.")

I know in your little egocentric world, everyone should have the same thoughts, feelings and alert settings on Sherdog, but in the REAL world, that is simply not true.

Thank you for showing us how smart I am...AGAIN!

Have a great day!

I honestly thought the same thing. Scary position there.

Even when he taps he looks like he just came to.

Back