Alex Oliveira Says Carlos Condit 'Went to Sleep,' Woke Up, Before Tapping to Choke (gif inside)

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
What do you think?

Even DC kept saying Condit was out, but Dom kept saying he wasn't

EDIT:

Here's the gif

Last edited:
I mean he would know better than anyone.

Condits legs gave out and he was limp, then he came to and was like wtf, struggled and tapped.

So DC was right when he said Condit was out

Lol

i saw something very similar. dom couldnt see shit he can barely see over the desk

Here's the gif

Idk but if the ref stopped the fight when Condit went limp I wouldn't be angry

Even my gf who doesn't know much about MMA said the same thing when we watched it. The way Condit tapped, he seemed confused or something.

He's not gone. He's not gone. He's not gone.

I like Dom much more as an analyst than as a commentator (in fact his pissing contests with Rogan and others outright annoy me) but I was laughing when he was saying that. Classic Dom- asserting his viewpoint against someone else repeatedly and emphatically.

Danm he really should've stopped if he felt he was out , coulda fucked Condit up permanently

Very hard to tell from a ref's point of view, especially when they are backed up against the fence (ala Jones/Machida).

I don't think he ever went out. I agree with Dom.

I don't think he ever went out. I agree with Dom.
So, despite Carlos' body going limp AND Alex Oliveira, the guy with the best vantage point of what happened during the choke, stating that Carlos went out, you STILL believe Dom?

Danm he really should've stopped if he felt he was out , coulda fucked Condit up permanently
No, because the ref has to call the end of the fight. Chokes held a little too long don't cause permanent damage. I have seen at least a few times where the ref missed a tap or a fighter going out and it changed the outcome of the fight.

As long as the fighter doing the choking is not a complete douche and the ref is NOT Steve Mazzagatti, the fighter being choked would be relatively relatively safe.

Last edited:
Idk but if the ref stopped the fight when Condit went limp I wouldn't be angry
It be Chiesa vs Lee all over again where I believe the stop is justified but you'd have some people saying the stop was bs. I was legitimately scared that Condit was out last night and Cowboy was just choking an unconscious man which might not lead to death but definetely serious brain damage.

Last edited:
Back