Crime Alert: Free speech enemy fascist in Paradise Ca. Enemies of free speech alert

You care so little you had to let everyone know. Well done. You post offensive shit online (especially at a scene of mass destruction and death), you deal with the consequences. That's on them for being morons.
I said they should ignore it and to be thankful they have families, homes, and health. That's not offensive. It's holiday season man try not to be so hostile.

These weren't firefighters or cops, more proof sherdog doesn't read the OP. No surprise they were fired, any photos they posted should have gone through legal counsel for such a sensitive project. Probably low IQ manual labor dumbasses anyway so nothing that can't be easily replaced. Not sure the condition of the site they were cleaning up or photos but if they were going through people's personal belongings possibly took stuff there's your crime

I said they should ignore it and to be thankful they have families, homes, and health. That's not offensive. It's holiday season man try not to be so hostile.

Read the actual article next time and you won't make yourself look like a fool. And telling people who have had their/family's/friends lives destroyed to not be offended by pictures of morons fucking around in the remains is just as stupid on your part.

I'm fine with them being fired, even though I don't think what they did is a big deal.

People everywhere need to understand that not everything you do needs to be broadcast to the world on social media. All you're doing opening yourself up to unnecessary scrutiny. It's not a private space, unless you've set your pages to private.

I'm with you on the second part but not the firing. This is creating more problems not less. They are sending the message that everyone has to walk on eggshells and people looking for reasons to be offended or "hurt" get a veto on everything.

I'm with you on the second part but not the firing. This is creating more problems not less. They are sending the message that everyone has to walk on eggshells and people looking for reasons to be offended or "hurt" get a veto on everything.

No, they're sending the message that if you work for them you need to be mindful of what you post. Why? Because they care about their customers perception of them more than they care about keeping you employed. They can replace you, rebuilding a brand is a lot harder...and more expensive.

Camp Fire clean-up crew members who posted offensive photos from burn zone are fired; criminal probe launched

Three construction company employees assigned to clean up the Camp Fire burn zone were fired — and face a criminal investigation — after one of them allegedly posted to social media a series of offensive photos showing themselves in the scorched Northern California area, the company announced.

The Bigge Crane and Rigging employees were fired following their "abhorrent" behavior cleaning up the town of Paradise, in Butte County, which was destroyed by the deadly Camp Fire.

A spokesperson for the Paradise Police Department confirmed to Fox News on Sunday that officials have opened a criminal investigation into the employees' behavior, and were consulting with the Butte County District Attorney's Office.

The photos posted to Facebook appeared to show the workers goofing off at the homes lost in the deadly blaze, which fire officials have said spanned more than 153,000 acres.

AP18336477799082.jpg

Firefighter Jose Corona spraying water as flames from the Camp Fire consumed a home in Magalia, California, on Nov. 9. (AP Photo/Noah Berger, File)

In one photo, shared by the Town of Paradise Facebook page, a man was seen sitting on a mailbox shaped like a fire truck, alongside the caption: "I got to ride on a fire truck today."

One photo showed employees pretending to drive an RV, which was almost completely burned. Another photo, which appeared to show a dead cat with a bottle placed near its mouth, was captioned: "Dude... I was just chilling with my homies, having a couple of cold ones, and BAM... damn fire breaks out."

AP18337858678274.jpg

Homes leveled by the Camp Fire line the Ridgewood Mobile Home Park retirement community in Paradise, California on Dec. 3. (AP Photo/Noah Berger, File)

The company wrote on Facebook Saturday that the employees' behavior was "not consistent with our company values and ethical code." Bigge said those affected by the Camp Fire "suffered an egregious insult during an already devastating time."

The Camp Fire, which started Nov. 8 and was fully contained toward the end of the month, killed at least 85 people and damaged or destroyed thousands of homes and other structures. The town of Paradise alone, with a community of around 27,000, essentially was destroyed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...offensive-photos-from-burn-zone-are-fired.amp

So, first. Let's be clear. I do not care that these guys were fired.

The fact that they are being investigated for a crime, should be a call to action for all. This is dangerous. There needs to be a heavy push back against this.

The cop that started this criminal investigation is a fascist. Fascists shouldn't have power. He needs to be removed from his job.

Discuss.........
Weird take on this.

People post all kinds of crimes on social media, from assault to robbery to drug deals. They have the first amendment right to do so, but it doesn’t protect them from prosecution for the crimes they idiotically broadcast.

In this case it could be anything ranging from desecrating the dead or burial grounds to criminal property damage or whatever else these idiots might have broadcast. It would be at worth least checking if there was any statute covering the desecrating of an animal corpse or grave as well.

Weird take on this.

People post all kinds of crimes on social media, from assault to robbery to drug deals. They have the first amendment right to do so, but it doesn’t protect them from prosecution for the crimes they idiotically broadcast.

In this case it could be anything ranging from desecrating the dead or burial grounds to criminal property damage or whatever else these idiots might have broadcast. It would be at worth least checking if there was any statute covering the desecrating of an animal corpse or grave as well.

They showed the 3 pictures. If there are more, that is a failure of the media and police department in not effectively communicating.

Basically you are hoping that everything we already know is wrong.

No, they're sending the message that if you work for them you need to be mindful of what you post. Why? Because they care about their customers perception of them more than they care about keeping you employed. They can replace you, rebuilding a brand is a lot harder...and more expensive.

What about being branded as a an employer who doesn't hold American ideals?

What about being an American company and not only being against free expression, but actively try to silence it within your company?

What about being an American company and not only being against free expression, but actively try to silence it within your company?

You said in the OP you didn't care that they were fired. The company has nothing to do with them being held criminally responsible for anything, just firing them. Firing someone for making your company look bad happens all the damn time.

You said in the OP you didn't care that they were fired. The company has nothing to do with them being held criminally responsible for anything, just firing them. Firing someone for making your company look bad happens all the damn time.

I don't. That doesn't mean I wouldn't withhold my consumer dollars, from a company that doesn't hold American values.

The idea that you should do X to appease Y, when it pisses off Z, is stupid. It's a zero sum game, that must have some agenda beyond appeasing Y or Z.

I don't. That doesn't mean I wouldn't withhold my consumer dollars, from a company that doesn't hold American values.

The idea that you should do X to appease Y, when it pisses off Z, is stupid. It's a zero sum game, that must have some agenda beyond appeasing Y or Z.

If you expect a company to shrug off employees posting extremely offensive pictures online for everyone to see and accepting it no problem then you are very naive. They could have done all that shit and joked around to each other no problem. But they chose to share it with the world (using their free speech). Now they get to deal with the consequences.

If you expect a company to shrug off employees posting extremely offensive pictures online for everyone to see and accepting it no problem then you are very naive. They could have done all that shit and joked around to each other no problem. But they chose to share it with the world (using their free speech). Now they get to deal with the consequences.

No I'm not. They are stupid, and short sighted.

The blow back against policing people's speech is just beginning.

A company that was actually ran by people with forsight, instead of quarterly bean counters, would say that they are responsible for employee actions while on the clock. Those people are responsible for their actions, when they are not.

A spokeman or leader is different. We should hold those people to a higher standard. Joe Blow doesn't need his speech policed. Someone being offended should land at about 137,598th on the list of shit we need to deal with.

No I'm not. They are stupid, and short sighted.

The blow back against policing people's speech is just beginning.

A company that was actually ran by people with forsight, instead of quarterly bean counters, would say that they are responsible for employee actions while on the clock. Those people are responsible for their actions, when they are not.

A spokeman or leader is different. We should hold those people to a higher standard. Joe Blow doesn't need his speech policed. Someone being offended should land at about 137,598th on the list of shit we need to deal with.

Welcome to 2018. The company doesn't care about what Joe Blow says until he posts something that looks incredibly bad for the company as a whole on social media and it gets shared 50,000 times. You think the blow back from folks mad about free speech is going to be worse than those who look at it from a sense of decency angle? 80+ people died in that town. I admire your conviction, but it's not realistic in this case.

Similar things have happened recently, where people don't appreciate anothers humor or how they act so there are some bs charges brought against them, sometimes entirely fictitious charges... it's probably always happened but in some cases it's a violation of our freedom and the constitution...

Welcome to 2018. The company doesn't care about what Joe Blow says until he posts something that looks incredibly bad for the company as a whole on social media and it gets shared 50,000 times. You think the blow back from folks mad about free speech is going to be worse than those who look at it from a sense of decency angle? 80+ people died in that town. I admire your conviction, but it's not realistic in this case.

Lol, this and the gender, gun, and immigration shit, is why Dems don't control 70% of the government, like they did from the 40's-70's.

This is why I believe both parties are controlled opposition. Do you want to win, or to appease the vocal but small base of the establishment PC left?

Lol, this and the gender, gun, and immigration shit, is why Dems don't control 70% of the government, like they did from the 40's-70's.

This is why I believe both parties are controlled opposition. Do you want to win, or to appease the vocal but small base of the establishment PC left?

Really that's what you're going with? I tried to be polite, but fuck off. If you want to completely dismiss the unique circumstances of this specific case then don't try to use it to prove your vague point.

Really that's what you're going with? I tried to be polite, but fuck off. If you want to completely dismiss the unique circumstances of this specific case then don't try to use it to prove your vague point.

Lol, you made absurd claims about how this bullshit is somehow popular, I responded that it is popular with a small but vocal group, and that their unwarranted influence, is why Dems keep losing. Take your ball and go home if you want.

Like the nfl and trump did with kneeling? American values huh?

Here's an ugly truth that many people seem too stupid to understand...

If companies keeping doing this it's because it's what their customers want.

If the majority of their customers didn't support this course of action then those companies would go out of business as they lose their consumer base. Yet, that's not what's happening. These companies are doing this and surviving just fine. Anyone who looks at society from a neutral eye should be concluding that these actions represent American ideals because Americans are supporting them. The people who continue to complain about it happening are, unbeknownst to themselves, demonstrating that they are no longer in touch with American values.

Here's an ugly truth that many people seem too stupid to understand...

If companies keeping doing this it's because it's what their customers want.

If the majority of their customers didn't support this course of action then those companies would go out of business as they lose their consumer base. Yet, that's not what's happening. These companies are doing this and surviving just fine. Anyone who looks at society from a neutral eye should be concluding that these actions represent American ideals because Americans are supporting them. The people who continue to complain about it happening are, unbeknownst to themselves, demonstrating that they are no longer in touch with American values.

The NRA and gun manufacturers would clearly allow someone to be openly pro gun control and limitations and still allow them to work for them

Back