Crime Alert: Free speech enemy fascist in Paradise Ca. Enemies of free speech alert

I looked through your post history, no thread started on fascist trump trying to silence the NFL players and forcing a private corporation to silence or fine/fire their employees who did not comply. Did you miss that topic in your fight to stop fascism in the United States? Maybe you didn't hear about it? Let me know, i can provide some links, it was one of the worst attempts at fascism in 2018! Fight with me brother!

Wrong guy buddy. I support Kapernick and his right to protest. I have been consistent on that, whether I started a thread on it or not.

Anyone who finds this outrageous has never done an honest day's work in their lives. It would be hilarious to see some of you panty waists on a construction site getting triggered by how men behave.

No, they're sending the message that if you work for them you need to be mindful of what you post. Why? Because they care about their customers perception of them more than they care about keeping you employed. They can replace you, rebuilding a brand is a lot harder...and more expensive.

Firing is reasonable. Charging them is absurd.

No, they're sending the message that if you work for them you need to be mindful of what you post. Why? Because they care about their customers perception of them more than they care about keeping you employed. They can replace you, rebuilding a brand is a lot harder...and more expensive.

Look, that is reasonable. Notice I haven't made accusations of some CT here.

But what happens when all employers start doing this?

Haven't we effectively created the end of free speech for the vast majority of the population, without any government action needed?

Where does this stop? Are you OK with swearing oaths to Israel, because they are a private company?

How about Koch industries requiring no comments in support of Democrats, because it offends them?

What act?

What did they do to justify any action by police?
The police haven't taken any action as far as we know. Placing a call to the district attorney or prosecutor is about all we have. Looking into it, maybe asking around. An investigation doesn't mean charges will will be filed. If some dumbass loses their wallet and calls it as a possible theft it has to be investigated, doesn't mean anything. There's hundreds a day without charges filed.

Which is why I think you're overreacting.

not sure why they got fired, they damn sure shouldn't be charged w/ a crime. That's patently absurd

Oh, so now people accept things they don't want, even if they disagree with being required to sign away your legal rights, or making employers responsible for employee actions, even when they aren't at work.

Not at all. People don't have a problem with something just because a handful of people on either side get upset about it.

That's the point. You have a 100 people. 10 of them care deeply about an issue. 5 on each side. The 10 people get worked up into a lather but the reality is that 90 people don't care. The problem is when the 10 people refuse to accept that they're in the minority on this issue.

They refuse to accept that the 90 people represent the values of the American people, not the 10 people complaining.

Not at all. People don't have a problem with something just because a handful of people on either side get upset about it.

That's the point. You have a 100 people. 10 of them care deeply about an issue. 5 on each side. The 10 people get worked up into a lather but the reality is that 90 people don't care. The problem is when the 10 people refuse to accept that they're in the minority on this issue.

They refuse to accept that the 90 people represent the values of the American people, not the 10 people complaining.

Lol, you keep telling yourself that fairy tale sunshine.

Firing is reasonable. Charging them is absurd.
We should wait and see if they're actually charged on something before arguing about whether or not the charges are legitimate.

Look, that is reasonable. Notice I haven't made accusations of some CT here.

But what happens when all employers start doing this?

Haven't we effectively created the end of free speech for the vast majority of the population, without any government action needed?

Where does this stop? Are you OK with swearing oaths to Israel, because they are a private company?

How about Koch industries requiring no comments in support of Democrats, because it offends them?
No we have not created the end of free speech. How hard is this?

There is no constitutional right to a job. There's is no constitutional argument that says that your employer must employ you even if they disagree with your speech. You can be fired with and without cause.

This is basic shit - the government and corporations are not the same thing. They do not have the same legal restrictions.

No one pissed on anything. Public urination is Illegal. If they did that, I wouldn't have shit to say.

The point is you would probably be disciplined or fired. Why? because your behavior reflects badly on the company's image. The town literally threatened to stop doing business with the company based on the backlash from these pictures. You know, the real repercussions that you said don't exist when you do stupid shit like this.

No we have not created the end of free speech. How hard is this?

There is no constitutional right to a job. There's is no constitutional argument that says that your employer must employ you even if they disagree with your speech. You can be fired with and without cause.

This is basic shit - the government and corporations are not the same thing. They do not have the same legal restrictions.

Yeah, and black folk used to be property too.

I don't think slavery or speech police is defensible.

The point is you would probably be disciplined or fired. Why? because your behavior reflects badly on the company's image. The town literally threatened to stop doing business with the company based on the backlash from these pictures. You know, the real repercussions that you said don't exist when you do stupid shit like this.

And what about the real repercussion of every employer doing this, and the fact that this means the vast majority of the population isn't allowed to say anything offensive, or they will lose their lively hood?

You just don't give a shit do you?

It looks to me like gallows humor in the digital age.

Its a defense mechanism for hard men that gotta do hard shit

Should probably be fired for being dumb enough to post pictures like that but they shouldnt be getting charged with any crimes

Yeah, and black folk used to be property too.

I don't think slavery or speech police is defensible.
This has to be one of the stupidest responses you've ever written to me. I say "There's a difference between government and corporations." You say "Well slavery was bad."

Why bother responding to the difference between government and corporations? Why bother actually putting slavery in those terms. Why bother putting together any coherent argument when you can just say "well slavery was bad.":confused:

This has to be one of the stupidest responses you've ever written to me. I say "There's a difference between government and corporations." You say "Well slavery was bad."

Why bother responding to the difference between government and corporations? Why bother actually putting slavery in those terms. Why bother putting together any coherent argument when you can just say "well slavery was bad.":confused:

I did the same thing you did.

I made no argument about government restricting speech here. You brought that up. So I brought up slavery. Fair play buddy.

If this was done on the clock the employer has a right to fire them. Don’t do stupid things on the clock.

Attempting to bring them up on charges is absurd but California gone California.

Back