Crime Alert: Free speech enemy fascist in Paradise Ca. Enemies of free speech alert

It looks to me like gallows humor in the digital age.

Its a defense mechanism for hard men that gotta do hard shit

Should probably be fired for being dumb enough to post pictures like that but they shouldnt be getting charged with any crimes

They worked for a crane contractor removing dead trees. They stopped working specifically to take these pictures. These guys aren't EMT's or fire fighters.

I did the same thing you did.

I made no argument about government restricting speech here. You brought that up. So I brought up slavery. Fair play buddy.
Well, whenever you talk about "freedom of speech", you are talking about government restricting speech because that's what freedom of speech is about. It's right there in the Constitution.

It's only fair play if you don't understand what you're talking about. Which it's pretty obvious that you don't. Why use terms when you don't know what they mean?

And what about the real repercussion of every employer doing this, and the fact that this means the vast majority of the population isn't allowed to say anything offensive, or they will lose their lively hood?

You just don't give a shit do you?

I'm not worried about it because it's an insane generalization to make from this very specific case. Don't post pictures of yourself doing offensive shit to other peoples' property on company time. Especially when that property happens to be the ashes of a town that burned down and was national news for about a month straight. Pretty easy rule to live by.

Funny how the vast majority of people who are gainfully employed have no problem doing this.

They worked for a crane contractor removing dead trees. They stopped working specifically to take these pictures. These guys aren't EMT's or fire fighters.

and ? You dont think dead animals and burned down homes and spending time somewhere it looks like the world ended has an effect on folks ?

I'm not worried about it because it's an insane generalization to make from this very specific case. Don't post pictures of yourself doing offensive shit to other peoples' property on company time. Especially when that property happens to be the ashes of a town that burned down and was national news for about a month straight. Pretty easy rule to live by.

Funny how the vast majority of people who are gainfully employed have no problem doing this.

No one has claimed they were on the clock when those pictures were taken.

We see people being fired all the time for social media or real life activity outside of work that is not illegal. I don't know why you would suggest that this is unique.

No one has claimed they were on the clock when those pictures were taken.

We see people being fired all the time for social media or real life activity outside of work that is not illegal. I don't know why you would suggest that this is unique.

Authorities also are reviewing whether the employees violated evacuation orders when they stopped working to take the photographs.

https://www.firehouse.com/careers-e...ldfire-cleanup-crews-investigated-firefighter

Yea, i'm sure they were there on a sightseeing trip.

People do occasionally get fired for posting shit on their own time. And it's usually cases when whatever they are posting is extreme enough to make the news. Employers generally don't want nutjobs working for them and hurting the company's image. Funny how that works.

This is a specific case, because when you're working near a place where dozens of people just burned to death you should probably exercise more self control when it comes to fucking around, especially if you're going to post pictures of it online.

Authorities also are reviewing whether the employees violated evacuation orders when they stopped working to take the photographs.

https://www.firehouse.com/careers-e...ldfire-cleanup-crews-investigated-firefighter

Yea, i'm sure they were there on a sightseeing trip.

People do occasionally get fired for posting shit on their own time. And it's usually cases when whatever they are posting is extreme enough to make the news. Employers generally don't want nutjobs working for them and hurting the company's image. Funny how that works.

This is a specific case, because when you're working near a place where dozens of people just burned to death you should probably exercise more self control when it comes to fucking around, especially if you're going to post pictures of it online.

First. They have a right to be there 10 minutes early, or late, or to be their at lunch time.

Second, you keep making my point for me. Every employer wants to protect their image. Every employer will fire you for offensive speech. Do you really not see the problem?

First. They have a right to be there 10 minutes early, or late, or to be their at lunch time.

Second, you keep making my point for me. Every employer wants to protect their image. Every employer will fire you for offensive speech. Do you really not see the problem?

You have no idea what the details of their employment were. So you're early/late/lunchtime argument is bullshit. We know that they were on the work site and stopped working to take the pictures.

I don't see a problem with it. If you are a decent human being then you shouldn't either. You don't have a Constitutional right to be employed. So if you hold personal views that are flagrantly offensive to the vast majority of society don't post them on social media. If you do be ready to accept the possible consequences.

You have no idea what the details of their employment were. So you're early/late/lunchtime argument is bullshit. We know that they were on the work site and stopped working to take the pictures.

I don't see a problem with it. If you are a decent human being then you shouldn't either. You don't have a Constitutional right to be employed. So if you hold personal views that are flagrantly offensive to the vast majority of society don't post them on social media. If you do be ready to accept the possible consequences.

So, like I said. You don't care if free speech dies.

You aren't even willing to engage on the idea that allowing employers to fire someone for legal actions, is a problem.

I didn't say shit about the government.

If a private army tries to invade the US, are you going to respond, "well that isn't a foreign governments army"?

Wtf does it matter whether it is the government, or employers, or flying fucking monkeys that is silencing speech in a systemic fashion that will impact the whole country?

So, like I said. You don't care if free speech dies.

You aren't even willing to engage on the idea that allowing employers to fire someone for legal actions, is a problem.

I didn't say shit about the government.

If a private army tries to invade the US, are you going to respond, "well that isn't a foreign governments army"?

Wtf does it matter whether it is the government, or employers, or flying fucking monkeys that is silencing speech in a systemic fashion that will impact the whole country?

How the fuck do you make that leap? Who is stopping these people from exercising their free speech? No one. There are consequences to some speech and that's exactly what's happening in this case. And there always have been. And I don't see a problem with it.

How the fuck do you make that leap? Who is stopping these people from exercising their free speech? No one. There are consequences to some speech and that's exactly what's happening in this case. And there always have been. And I don't see a problem with it.

Yeah, not much to discuss here. I can't explain 2+2=4 anymore.

Yeah, not much to discuss here. I can't explain 2+2=4 anymore.

Ha. More like 2+2=The downfall of free speech in the country!!!1!. But hey I encourage you to go exercise your free speech at work like a good American.

and ? You dont think dead animals and burned down homes and spending time somewhere it looks like the world ended has an effect on folks ?
Considering my buddies that were infantry that saw dead children and shit in Iraq thought what they did was fucked up........

As a resident of Paradise I can say no crime was committed. Just catch the looters.

and kill them.

Ha. More like 2+2=The downfall of free speech in the country!!!1!. But hey I encourage you to go exercise your free speech at work like a good American.

Ha! Tell me more about how silly I am for talking about a threat to free speech for the vast majority, while bragging that I can't say what I want, or I will see what happens.

2+2=4

Ha! Tell me more about how silly I am for talking about a threat to free speech for the vast majority, while bragging that I can't say what I want, or I will see what happens.

2+2=4

Like I said. Nobody is stopping you from expressing your right to free speech. But for some reason, you can't grasp the fact that "free speech" doesn't mean you are free from any consequences that come from what you say.

Like I said. Nobody is stopping you from expressing your right to free speech. But for some reason, you can't grasp the fact that "free speech" doesn't mean you are free from any consequences that come from what you say.

No, they did just that. They said if you make a bad joke, you will get fired.

No one stops you from murdering someone either. You just go to jail if you do.

No, they did just that. They said if you make a bad joke, you will get fired.

No one stops you from murdering someone either. You just go to jail if you do.

Yes. That is a consequence for expressing free speech that is offensive to most people and hurts the bottom line of the company they worked for.

Lol at your "murder" comparison. Keep trying.

Yes. That is a consequence for expressing free speech that is offensive to most people and hurts the bottom line of the company they worked for.

Lol at your "murder" comparison. Keep trying.

Yes, a consequence for the vast majority of the population, where oligarchs and the media control the outrage.

I notice Jim Mcnerny didn't get fired from boeing when he stood in front of cameras, and called his whole union workforce cowards. Funny how that works huh?

I'm just going to leave this here.....<Moves>

Warning To Democrats: Most Americans Against U.S. Getting More Politically Correct

December 19, 20185:00 AM ET

DOMENICO MONTANARO

Twitter
gettyimages-1065606336_custom-b43d28473b34d538d31f827c10c0e87e7156defb-s700-c85.jpg

Supporters cheer as President Trump speaks during a rally in Mississippi in November.

Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images
Heading into the 2020 Democratic primaries, a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll has a warning for Democrats: Americans are largely against the country becoming more politically correct.

Fifty-two percent of Americans, including a majority of independents, said they are against the country becoming more politically correct and are upset that there are too many things people can't say anymore. Only about a third said they are in favor of the country becoming more politically correct and like when people are being more sensitive in their comments about others.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/19/6773...-against-u-s-getting-more-politically-correct

Back