Advantages Conor has over Floyd.(Warning reading)

learn how to count 71 inches is 5'9
Ahahahaha you fucking goof!!
Did you search 71 inches to feet?? Then yes you'd get 5.9 as in 5 and 9/10 of a foot not 5'9. 72 inches is 6'0, 12 inches in a foot did they not teach you in elementary school? Omg hahaha

doesnt bode well for the argument he over measured his height and reach

I like how there is a thread warning for "reading". Most forums have a warning for "pics" or "rant", but Sherdog requires a warning for "reading".

You forgot "trigger"

These advantages are more significant than people think. Let's go through these.

Age- 28 vs 40. That is a very significant difference. No fighter is near there prime at 40. Fact is the human mind and body begins to slow down even at 30. At 40 your reflexes are shot. Your cardio reduced. Testosterone low. This is a bad age for all the greats. Ali. Tyson. Silva. All whent down hill late 30s early 40s.

Size- Conor has fought at 170 pounds. That is his walking around weight. Floyd has fought most his career at 147 while walking around at like 155. He's a much smaller framed man. He's shorter. And most significantly he has 2 inches Less reach than conor. Conor dominates people with less reach. In a game of inches, every inch counts. This will come into play I believe alot.

Activity- Floyd has been retired more than 2 years, and in that same time frame Conor has been an active champion in the UFC fighting like 4 times since then and winning 2 belts. Just because Floyd decides to fight conor in August, it isn't the same as someone who has been in shape for 2 years than Floyd getting in shape in 2 months. Ring rust is real and many if not all boxer and MMA fighters have stated this. This is true for most skills. Take 2 years from something in your life your good at, then challenge someone else who's been doing it for 2 years straight, and tell me your not gonna have trouble. Video games basketball, baseball, fighting, doesent matter.

Southpaw- Floyd has trouble with south paws as everyone has stated. But why? Well the reason is simple. He fights out of the Philly shell. The Philly shell is inherently weak against an opposite stance fighter. This is because you shoulder roll the power hand of an orthodox fighter but can't against a southpaw. He's been tagged and wobbled and hurt by southpaws throughout his career. And most of those southpaws are way smaller than conor frame wise.

Mental- Floyd is a very mentally strong man. But I don't think Floyd has ever faced anyone that is as mentally strong and confident as Conor. Conor literally is a walking testimony of the law of attraction. He never doubts his abilities and is very vocal about what he will do. Floyd has intimidated alot of his opponents in the presser and in the fight. Conor will be the one clowning Floyd for the first time. Mental game is everything in fighting. Many believe Aldo is a better fighter than conor. But even if this is true. Conor mentally broke Aldo down, a undefetaed champion for 10 years.
You were wrong

Back