Advantages Conor has over Floyd.(Warning reading)

Let me let you in on a little tip..

all these variables have been created to give guys that bet the incentive to make bets. all these silly variables can be flipped anyway possible

Age - Floyd has more experience. more years of training.

Size - Conor has a longer reach? thats great. to utilize it he's going to have to create distance and rely on footwork. something Conor lacks.

Activity - Floyd has been actively training at a level Conor will never reach.

Mental - Conor is facing a guy he tries to be.

the only thing you need to know about this fight is It's a boxing match. we have a guy trying his first shot at boxing who realistically probably couldn't even survive the top 100 with 10 years of training.

then you have a guy who is one of the greatest boxers of all time.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous. it's like me creating a giant post on why Serena Williams has numerous advantages to beat Steph Curry in a game of basketball.

It's not happening and you are wasting time.
Sooooo much reaching here lol

Age- 28 vs 40. That is a very significant difference. No fighter is near there prime at 40. Fact is the human mind and body begins to slow down even at 30. At 40 your reflexes are shot. Your cardio reduced. Testosterone low. This is a bad age for all the greats. Ali. Tyson. Silva. All whent down hill late 30s early 40s.

You forgot one thing...... Floyd mandated they would be tested by USADA. The same USADA who's given Floyd countless free passes in the past, especially for positive tests on the initial sample. Thus, I bet Floyd is still cheating.

You forgot one thing...... Floyd mandated they would be tested by USADA. The same USADA who's given Floyd countless free passes in the past, especially for positive tests on the initial sample. Thus, I bet Floyd is still cheating.
need @dimspace

except...

1. USADA have never given floyd a free pass
2. USADA have never covered up a single positive test of floyds
3. Floyd has never had a positive test under USADA

There was on instance where an IV was administered to Mayweather. The IV was administered AFTER USADA arrived, and was administered AFTER being approved by USADA, and in the presence of a USADA representative. A rTUE was later issued, and as is completey the norm, the tue wasnt finalised till some weeks later (the tue panel is an external panel of doctors, they arent on hand constantly to approve tue's, they meet irregularly - for instance, Ian McCalls rTUE for an IV took more than three months)

When someone who should know better, posts something that is totally untrue with such confidence that people who dont know better will believe it, its irresponsible at best.

And dont cite the Hauser peice. a) Hauser lies in multiple instances b) Hauser changes facts in several instances c) You cant read anyway because Hauser doesnt even state floyd tested positive

lol rekt m8
except...

There was on instance where an IV was administered to Mayweather. The IV was administered AFTER USADA arrived, and was administered AFTER being approved by USADA, and in the presence of a USADA representative. A rTUE was later issued, and as is completey the norm, the tue wasnt finalised till some weeks later (the tue panel is an external panel of doctors, they arent on hand constantly to approve tue's, they meet irregularly - for instance, Ian McCalls rTUE for an IV took more than three months)

When someone who should know better, posts something that is totally untrue with such confidence that people who dont know better will believe it, its irresponsible at best.

And dont cite the Hauser peice. a) Hauser lies in multiple instances b) Hauser changes facts in several instances c) You cant read anyway because Hauser doesnt even state floyd tested positive
except...

These advantages are more significant than people think. Let's go through these.

Age- 28 vs 40. That is a very significant difference. No fighter is near there prime at 40. Fact is the human mind and body begins to slow down even at 30. At 40 your reflexes are shot. Your cardio reduced. Testosterone low. This is a bad age for all the greats. Ali. Tyson. Silva. All whent down hill late 30s early 40s.

Size- Conor has fought at 170 pounds. That is his walking around weight. Floyd has fought most his career at 147 while walking around at like 155. He's a much smaller framed man. He's shorter. And most significantly he has 2 inches Less reach than conor. Conor dominates people with less reach. In a game of inches, every inch counts. This will come into play I believe alot.

Activity- Floyd has been retired more than 2 years, and in that same time frame Conor has been an active champion in the UFC fighting like 4 times since then and winning 2 belts. Just because Floyd decides to fight conor in August, it isn't the same as someone who has been in shape for 2 years than Floyd getting in shape in 2 months. Ring rust is real and many if not all boxer and MMA fighters have stated this. This is true for most skills. Take 2 years from something in your life your good at, then challenge someone else who's been doing it for 2 years straight, and tell me your not gonna have trouble. Video games basketball, baseball, fighting, doesent matter.

Southpaw- Floyd has trouble with south paws as everyone has stated. But why? Well the reason is simple. He fights out of the Philly shell. The Philly shell is inherently weak against an opposite stance fighter. This is because you shoulder roll the power hand of an orthodox fighter but can't against a southpaw. He's been tagged and wobbled and hurt by southpaws throughout his career. And most of those southpaws are way smaller than conor frame wise.

Mental- Floyd is a very mentally strong man. But I don't think Floyd has ever faced anyone that is as mentally strong and confident as Conor. Conor literally is a walking testimony of the law of attraction. He never doubts his abilities and is very vocal about what he will do. Floyd has intimidated alot of his opponents in the presser and in the fight. Conor will be the one clowning Floyd for the first time. Mental game is everything in fighting. Many believe Aldo is a better fighter than conor. But even if this is true. Conor mentally broke Aldo down, a undefeated champion for 10 years.
The only thing I can see about Conor having an advantage, is not so much of an "advantage" but MOST every boxer whether or not they admit it or not were mentally defeated before even getting in the ring with Mayweather. Any fighter going against somebody so dominant will question themselves and I bet most were beat before the fight. Conor is not that kinda guy. He is going to shit talk a game Floyd has not seen before. Conor will not be mentally beat before the fight because he doesnt care and truly believes in his "God given talent". So its not so much of an advantage its just that Floyd wont have that advantage over Conor.

These advantages are more significant than people think. Let's go through these.

Size- Conor has fought at 170 pounds. That is his walking around weight. Floyd has fought most his career at 147 while walking around at like 155. He's a much smaller framed man. He's shorter. And most significantly he has 2 inches Less reach than conor. Conor dominates people with less reach. In a game of inches, every inch counts. This will come into play I believe alot.

Activity- Floyd has been retired more than 2 years, and in that same time frame Conor has been an active champion in the UFC fighting like 4 times since then and winning 2 belts. Just because Floyd decides to fight conor in August, it isn't the same as someone who has been in shape for 2 years than Floyd getting in shape in 2 months. Ring rust is real and many if not all boxer and MMA fighters have stated this. This is true for most skills. Take 2 years from something in your life your good at, then challenge someone else who's been doing it for 2 years straight, and tell me your not gonna have trouble. Video games basketball, baseball, fighting, doesent matter.

Southpaw- Floyd has trouble with south paws as everyone has stated. But why? Well the reason is simple. He fights out of the Philly shell. The Philly shell is inherently weak against an opposite stance fighter. This is because you shoulder roll the power hand of an orthodox fighter but can't against a southpaw. He's been tagged and wobbled and hurt by southpaws throughout his career. And most of those southpaws are way smaller than conor frame wise.

Mental- Floyd is a very mentally strong man. But I don't think Floyd has ever faced anyone that is as mentally strong and confident as Conor. Conor literally is a walking testimony of the law of attraction. He never doubts his abilities and is very vocal about what he will do. Floyd has intimidated alot of his opponents in the presser and in the fight. Conor will be the one clowning Floyd for the first time. Mental game is everything in fighting. Many believe Aldo is a better fighter than conor. But even if this is true. Conor mentally broke Aldo down, a undefetaed champion for 10 years

You just lost all credibility and proved you don't actually watch Boxing? Floyd is in a class with Michael Jordan as far as mental toughness goes. Floyd has a HUGE advantage in the mental game. Hell, Conor was mentally rattled several times by brain dead Nate Diaz

And Floyd has problems with south paws? Since when? All the biggest problems Floyd has ever had came from ORTHODOX boxers NOT southpaws. Who was the closest to beating Floyd? Maidana, Castillo and Mosley, none of them are southpaws. Zab gave him some problems, but that was more because of his speed then being a southpaw. Floyd is 8-0 vs southpaws with 4 KOs and nothing worse then a unanimous decision. He lands something like 43% of his punches vs southpaws and holds them to only 18%. The "Floyd struggles with southpaws" bullshit was started by Bob Arum and only believed by people who "don't know shit about Boxing" like you.

You know Floyd uses several defenses that are not the Philly Shell/shoulder roll right? But way to prove you are a moron

Let me let you in on a little tip..

all these variables have been created to give guys that bet the incentive to make bets. all these silly variables can be flipped anyway possible

Age - Floyd has more experience. more years of training.

Size - Conor has a longer reach? thats great. to utilize it he's going to have to create distance and rely on footwork. something Conor lacks.

Activity - Floyd has been actively training at a level Conor will never reach.

Mental - Conor is facing a guy he tries to be.

the only thing you need to know about this fight is It's a boxing match. we have a guy trying his first shot at boxing who realistically probably couldn't even survive the top 100 with 10 years of training.

then you have a guy who is one of the greatest boxers of all time.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous. it's like me creating a giant post on why Serena Williams has numerous advantages to beat Steph Curry in a game of basketball.

It's not happening and you are wasting time.

The other variable people use as an advantage that I find ridiculous is about McGregor's prediction's and how he magically uses the power of self belief to fulfill everything. The Mystic Mac theory was exposed a long time ago when he lost to Nate Diaz and also was never able to pull off a Croke Park fight. We already factually know Conor's predictions and self belief have failed him before so that's not a valid reason to think what he says will become true. Even if he did happen to beat Nate the first time and get the Croke Park fight it wouldn't be a valid reason to think he could be Mayweather but it's completely ridiculous thinking he can after he's already shown not everything goes as planned.

Don't get me wrong, Conor got to where he is at by using his self belief and it's an incredible story that he's pulled off even getting this fight booked but people act like he's undefeated guy who's right on all of his predictions.

you forgot to mention overall better boxing skill. there's levels to this ish man!! conor has the physical advantages of size, height and reach but i dare say floyd is still the physically stronger man.

conor has a punchers chance, anything can happen so i will give him a 1% chance of pulling off a miracle and it would be the biggest upset in sports history.

Isn't there a video out there of Conor getting his reach measured and its the same as Floyds. 72 inches

The only thing I can see about Conor having an advantage, is not so much of an "advantage" but MOST every boxer whether or not they admit it or not were mentally defeated before even getting in the ring with Mayweather. Any fighter going against somebody so dominant will question themselves and I bet most were beat before the fight. Conor is not that kinda guy. He is going to shit talk a game Floyd has not seen before. Conor will not be mentally beat before the fight because he doesnt care and truly believes in his "God given talent". So its not so much of an advantage its just that Floyd wont have that advantage over Conor.

Floyd Probably hasn't boxed a guy that believes he has less chance of winning then Conor does. Conor knows he is going to lose. Don't be fooled. Conor is hoping to win and expecting to lose. Conor is doing this for the money

lmao

Floyd doesn't use the philly shell against southpaw opponents. Its utility against orthodox fighters is overstated too, probably because most people base their claims on highlight videos instead of full fights.

lmao

Floyd doesn't use the philly shell against southpaw opponents. Its utility against orthodox fighters is overstated too, probably because most people base their claims on highlight videos instead of full fights.

Its amazing how many MMA fans think Floyd only uses one style of defense all the time against all his opponents

Mental- Floyd is a very mentally strong man. But I don't think Floyd has ever faced anyone that is as mentally strong and confident as Conor. Conor literally is a walking testimony of the law of attraction. He never doubts his abilities and is very vocal about what he will do. Floyd has intimidated alot of his opponents in the presser and in the fight. Conor will be the one clowning Floyd for the first time. Mental game is everything in fighting. Many believe Aldo is a better fighter than conor. But even if this is true. Conor mentally broke Aldo down, a undefetaed champion for 10 years.

conor is white and was born rich

Mental- Floyd is a very mentally strong man. But I don't think Floyd has ever faced anyone that is as mentally strong and confident as Conor. Conor literally is a walking testimony of the law of attraction. He never doubts his abilities and is very vocal about what he will do. Floyd has intimidated alot of his opponents in the presser and in the fight. Conor will be the one clowning Floyd for the first time. Mental game is everything in fighting. Many believe Aldo is a better fighter than conor. But even if this is true. Conor mentally broke Aldo down, a undefetaed champion for 10 years.
<TrumpWrong1><TrumpWrong1>
Floyd will do whatever he wants whenever he wants in this fight. Conor fanboys going full retard in force.

lol I'd say reaching is trying to find advantages Conor has over Floyd in BOXING.
But he does have a size advantage, reach advantage, he's younger, he has more power than Floyd, and he will most likely be unorthodox. That doesn't mean Conor is going to win but denying the fact he does have natural advantages is delusional

But he does have a size advantage, reach advantage, he's younger, he has more power than Floyd, and he will most likely be unorthodox. That doesn't mean Conor is going to win but denying the fact he does have natural advantages is delusional

Size? Yes. Reach? Questionable, I've seen conflicting reports on his actual reach. Younger? This is boxing not MMA skill and experience trumps athleticism and youth. Power? I highly doubt it, his power isn't gonna translate to the 10oz gloves, boxers have a scientific knowledge and genetic traits in the punching arts. All the weak chinned, limp wristed, slow brained genetically inferior boxers get weeded out by the time they go pro, and afterwards they're put through a strainer to weed out the rest. Getting to the top 50 in boxing isn't as easy as it is in MMA.

I like how there is a thread warning for "reading". Most forums have a warning for "pics" or "rant", but Sherdog requires a warning for "reading".

I think ring rust is dumb. Floyd is always in shape and exercising his boxing skills, even off camp.

Back