Advantages Conor has over Floyd.(Warning reading)

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
These advantages are more significant than people think. Let's go through these.

Age- 28 vs 40. That is a very significant difference. No fighter is near there prime at 40. Fact is the human mind and body begins to slow down even at 30. At 40 your reflexes are shot. Your cardio reduced. Testosterone low. This is a bad age for all the greats. Ali. Tyson. Silva. All whent down hill late 30s early 40s.

Size- Conor has fought at 170 pounds. That is his walking around weight. Floyd has fought most his career at 147 while walking around at like 155. He's a much smaller framed man. He's shorter. And most significantly he has 2 inches Less reach than conor. Conor dominates people with less reach. In a game of inches, every inch counts. This will come into play I believe alot.

Activity- Floyd has been retired more than 2 years, and in that same time frame Conor has been an active champion in the UFC fighting like 4 times since then and winning 2 belts. Just because Floyd decides to fight conor in August, it isn't the same as someone who has been in shape for 2 years than Floyd getting in shape in 2 months. Ring rust is real and many if not all boxer and MMA fighters have stated this. This is true for most skills. Take 2 years from something in your life your good at, then challenge someone else who's been doing it for 2 years straight, and tell me your not gonna have trouble. Video games basketball, baseball, fighting, doesent matter.

Southpaw- Floyd has trouble with south paws as everyone has stated. But why? Well the reason is simple. He fights out of the Philly shell. The Philly shell is inherently weak against an opposite stance fighter. This is because you shoulder roll the power hand of an orthodox fighter but can't against a southpaw. He's been tagged and wobbled and hurt by southpaws throughout his career. And most of those southpaws are way smaller than conor frame wise.

Mental- Floyd is a very mentally strong man. But I don't think Floyd has ever faced anyone that is as mentally strong and confident as Conor. Conor literally is a walking testimony of the law of attraction. He never doubts his abilities and is very vocal about what he will do. Floyd has intimidated alot of his opponents in the presser and in the fight. Conor will be the one clowning Floyd for the first time. Mental game is everything in fighting. Many believe Aldo is a better fighter than conor. But even if this is true. Conor mentally broke Aldo down, a undefetaed champion for 10 years.

You should post some advantages that Floyd has over Conor, if you believe he has any.

Other than age I don't think Conor has any significant advantage the size difference isn't a big deal since Conor is giving up speed and massive experience and Floyd has demolished fighters like Canelo, Cotto, De laHoya who are all about Conor's size if not bigger. Floyd's been fighting for more than 20 years, he's been training for 35 I doubt activity will slow him down. It doesn't matter if Conor's a southpaw, if top tier southpaws haven't been able to take down Floyd what makes you think Conor can? Nate, Mendez and Holloway lit him up and they're garbage boxers compared to professionals. Pfft, mental. Floyd wrote the book on psychological warfare and his quick wit is unparalleled Conor gets flustered when someone has a good comeback or calls him out on his bullshit remember how Nate shut him up? What's Conor got on Floyd? Floyds projected to become a billionaire in 5 years, he's a living dominant legend and arguably the single greatest pure boxer in history and he doesn't have to bend over for Daddy Dana when he's out of line. Sorry bro, Conor's coming into this fight incredibly handicapped.

I'm gonna be pulling for Conor but I don't see him winning, if the fight goes past the 3-4 round it's over for Conor and MMA has lost what little respect it's garnered the last 10-15 years. What's sadder is Floyd is paying the UFC not Conor himself, he's basically getting prostituted and paid as an employee. He's gonna be earning 20-25 mil and the UFC will probably bank 60-75 mil. Seriously fuck the UFC they didn't do shit in this and Conor is getting screwed.

Last edited:
You should post some advantages that Floyd has over Conor, if you believe he has any.
Sure.

Speed- Floyd will have the speed advantage. He's lighter and has better head movement and moves around the ring Better than any boxer.

Defence- Best defence a boxer has ever had. Mastery of the Philly shell. Takes very few hits compared to most boxers. Foot work very good. Moves around the ring very well, and fights off the ropes amazingly. Takes minimum damage on ropes.

Boxing offense- Traditionally better boxing than conor obviously. Will have the better PURE boxing technique in mostly every regard.

Other than age I don't think Conor has any significant advantage the size difference isn't a big deal since Conor is giving up speed and massive experience and Floyd has demolished fighters like Canelo, Cotto, De laHoya who are all about Conor's size if not bigger. Floyd's been fighting for more than 20 years, he's been training for 35 I doubt activity will slow him down. It doesn't matter if Conor's a southpaw, if top tier southpaws haven't been able to take down Floyd what makes you think Conor can? Nate, Mendez and Holloway lit him up and they're garbage boxers compared to professionals. Pfft, mental. Floyd wrote the book on psychological warfare and his quick wit is unparalleled Conor gets flustered when someone has a good comeback or calls him out on his bullshit remember how Nate shut him up? What's Conor got on Floyd? Floyds projected to become a billionaire in 5 years, he's a living dominant legend and arguably the single greatest pure boxer in history and he doesn't have to bend over for Daddy Dana when he's out of line. Sorry bro, Conor's coming into this fight incredibly handicapped.

I'm gonna be pulling for Conor but I don't see him winning, if the fight goes past the 3-4 round it's over for Conor and MMA has lost what little respect it's garnered the last 10-15 years.
Never said Conor would win in my post. Name of the thread is advantages. And btw Holloway and Mendes didn't light Conor up. Conor won every single round against max and KOed Mendes in 2 rounds. Nate Diaz also walks around at 180+ so really shouldent be even in this. Also Conor dropped him multiple times with boxing in the rematch.

Ask Marquez how Floyd's ring rust was the last time he took an extended break from the sport

Never said Conor would win in my post. Name of the thread is advantages. And btw Holloway and Mendes didn't light Conor up. Conor won every single round against max and KOed Mendes in 2 rounds. Nate Diaz also walks around at 180+ so really shouldent be even in this. Also Conor dropped him multiple times with boxing in the rematch.

1. Holloway held his own against Conor in the striking and he was green as shit no where near where he is now skill wise.
2. Don't remember the Mendes fight but I'm fairly certain he gave up like 10 inches(reach) to Conor and still landed.
3. Nate is a natural 155 don't buy into the bullshit he's always looked his best at LW and he didn't even have a full camp, look it up Nate only trained a month for the rematch.

edit; also I don't know where you got your info but Conor is significantly bigger than Nate muscle, and overall size look at their hands and heads Conor is the bigger guy. Despite the meme height isn't everything.

1. Holloway held his own against Conor in the striking and he was green as shit no where near where he is now skill wise.
2. Don't remember the Mendes fight but I'm fairly certain he gave up like 10 inches(reach) to Conor and still landed.
3. Nate is a natural 155 don't buy into the bullshit he's always looked his best at LW and he didn't even have a full camp, look it up Nate only trained a month for the rematch.
1. Holloway didnt hold his own. Conor destroyed him badly every minute of the fight. Also Conor tour his ACL in the third round and still beat the shit out of max every round after.

2. Yes Mendes gave up alot of reach. But I'm just responding to you saying " Mendes, Holloway, and Nate lit him up". Do you know what lightning someone up means? Conor got taken down the first round most the round. Everytime it was standing Conor was beating the shit out of Mendes. And KOed him in the second round.

3. It's not BS. Yes Nate fights at 155. Conor also fights at 155. Conor weighs 170 pounds max. Nate weighs about 180-185 BEFORE the weight cut. Just like khabib fights at 155 and has stated he weighs about 190 before the cut.

1. Holloway didnt hold his own. Conor destroyed him badly every minute of the fight. Also Conor tour his ACL in the third round and still beat the shit out of max every round after.

2. Yes Mendes gave up alot of reach. But I'm just responding to you saying " Mendes, Holloway, and Nate lit him up". Do you know what lightning someone up means? Conor got taken down the first round most the round. Everytime it was standing Conor was beating the shit out of Mendes. And KOed him in the second round.

3. It's not BS. Yes Nate fights at 155. Conor also fights at 155. Conor weighs 170 pounds max. Nate weighs about 180-185 BEFORE the weight cut. Just like khabib fights at 155 and has stated he weighs about 190 before the cut.

Yea I don't remember the fights that well I remember Mendes getting in 2 solid combos and Holloway would catch him coming out of exchanges, but you may be right I mostly said lit up to be funny. There's a difference between being taller and heavier and being the bigger man Conor is significantly bigger than Nate just look at their frames and mass. If they were the same height Nate'd weigh no more than a bantamweight.

These advantages are more significant than people think. Let's go through these.

Aged
sfgsgsgyears.

Floyd doesnt use a philly shell. totally different, just a commonly used misnomer. Floyd had trouble with Zab Judah in his prime before adjusting and whooping him. Pac was by far the best southpaw floyd ever fought and he schooled him. I get what you're trying to say tho but you're reacing and dunno dick about boxing.

Floyd has had long bouts of inactivity throughout his career and manages to stay in great shape inbetween fights dudes kinda a notorious gym rat, tho at his advancing age it might start playing more of a factor

Its kinda absurd to discredit a brilliant defensive fighter by saying his WHOLE gameplan only works against righties.

I heard (I believe on Joe Rogan podcast) that Conor tore his ACL in the last round, but Max Holloway actually broke his foot in the first round. Again, not sure if that is true but I'm pretty sure Rogan pointed it out.

Age- 28 vs 40. That is a very significant difference. No fighter is near there prime at 40. Fact is the human mind and body begins to slow down even at 30. At 40 your reflexes are shot. Your cardio reduced. Testosterone low. This is a bad age for all the greats. Ali. Tyson. Silva. All whent down hill late 30s early 40s.

Size- Conor has fought at 170 pounds. That is his walking around weight. Floyd has fought most his career at 147 while walking around at like 155. He's a much smaller framed man. He's shorter. And most significantly he has 2 inches Less reach than conor. Conor dominates people with less reach. In a game of inches, every inch counts. This will come into play I believe alot.

Activity- Floyd has been retired more than 2 years, and in that same time frame Conor has been an active champion in the UFC fighting like 4 times since then and winning 2 belts. Just because Floyd decides to fight conor in August, it isn't the same as someone who has been in shape for 2 years than Floyd getting in shape in 2 months. Ring rust is real and many if not all boxer and MMA fighters have stated this. This is true for most skills. Take 2 years from something in your life your good at, then challenge someone else who's been doing it for 2 years straight, and tell me your not gonna have trouble. Video games basketball, baseball, fighting, doesent matter.

Southpaw- Floyd has trouble with south paws as everyone has stated. But why? Well the reason is simple. He fights out of the Philly shell. The Philly shell is inherently weak against an opposite stance fighter. This is because you shoulder roll the power hand of an orthodox fighter but can't against a southpaw. He's been tagged and wobbled and hurt by southpaws throughout his career. And most of those southpaws are way smaller than conor frame wise.

Mental- Floyd is a very mentally strong man. But I don't think Floyd has ever faced anyone that is as mentally strong and confident as Conor. Conor literally is a walking testimony of the law of attraction. He never doubts his abilities and is very vocal about what he will do. Floyd has intimidated alot of his opponents in the presser and in the fight. Conor will be the one clowning Floyd for the first time. Mental game is everything in fighting. Many believe Aldo is a better fighter than conor. But even if this is true. Conor mentally broke Aldo down, a undefetaed champion for 10 years.

Let me let you in on a little tip..

all these variables have been created to give guys that bet the incentive to make bets. all these silly variables can be flipped anyway possible

Age - Floyd has more experience. more years of training.

Size - Conor has a longer reach? thats great. to utilize it he's going to have to create distance and rely on footwork. something Conor lacks.

Activity - Floyd has been actively training at a level Conor will never reach.

Mental - Conor is facing a guy he tries to be.

the only thing you need to know about this fight is It's a boxing match. we have a guy trying his first shot at boxing who realistically probably couldn't even survive the top 100 with 10 years of training.

then you have a guy who is one of the greatest boxers of all time.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous. it's like me creating a giant post on why Serena Williams has numerous advantages to beat Steph Curry in a game of basketball.

It's not happening and you are wasting time.

Sure.

Speed- Floyd will have the speed advantage. He's lighter and has better head movement and moves around the ring Better than any boxer.

Defence- Best defence a boxer has ever had. Mastery of the Philly shell. Takes very few hits compared to most boxers. Foot work very good. Moves around the ring very well, and fights off the ropes amazingly. Takes minimum damage on ropes.

Boxing offense- Traditionally better boxing than conor obviously. Will have the better PURE boxing technique in mostly every regard.

you forgot to mention overall better boxing skill. there's levels to this ish man!! conor has the physical advantages of size, height and reach but i dare say floyd is still the physically stronger man.

conor has a punchers chance, anything can happen so i will give him a 1% chance of pulling off a miracle and it would be the biggest upset in sports history.

Let me let you in on a little tip..

all these variables have been created to give guys that bet the incentive to make bets. all these silly variables can be flipped anyway possible

Age - Floyd has more experience. more years of training.

Size - Conor has a longer reach? thats great. to utilize it he's going to have to create distance and rely on footwork. something Conor lacks.

Activity - Floyd has been actively training at a level Conor will never reach.

Mental - Conor is facing a guy he tries to be.

the only thing you need to know about this fight is It's a boxing match. we have a guy trying his first shot at boxing who realistically probably couldn't even survive the top 100 with 10 years of training.

then you have a guy who is one of the greatest boxers of all time.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous. it's like me creating a giant post on why Serena Williams has numerous advantages to beat Steph Curry in a game of basketball.

It's not happening and you are wasting time.
But bro, it's Conor McGregor. He is like, the GOAT at MMA or something... I mean, I just started watching UFC like 2 years ago, but I'm pretty sure Conor is like the GOAT at it. So yea, I'm pretty sure Conor should be the favorite in this fight. Right?

Floyd's biggest advantage will be the referee. He will look for any reason to prematurely stop the bout if Conor gets hit or dq Conor for any minor infraction (e.g. hitting with an elbow, which happens in boxing.)

Floyd doesnt use a philly shell. totally different, just a commonly used misnomer. Floyd had trouble with Zab Judah in his prime before adjusting and whooping him. Pac was by far the best southpaw floyd ever fought and he schooled him. I get what you're trying to say tho but you're reacing and dunno dick about boxing.

Floyd has had long bouts of inactivity throughout his career and manages to stay in great shape inbetween fights dudes kinda a notorious gym rat, tho at his advancing age it might start playing more of a factor

Its kinda absurd to discredit a brilliant defensive fighter by saying his WHOLE gameplan only works against righties.
Yep, it's not the philly shell. And Zab was just a very dangerous opponent with even better hand speed than Floyd. I don't think Mayweather has had problems with a southpaw outside of that since he fought Chop Chop Corley nearly 15 years ago.

Floyd has fought and beat all time great HOF fighters. The mental game is going to be his advantage. He'll laugh at anything Conor tries to say to him.

BGB%2BMayweather%2BMitchell%2Bbody%2Bshots%2Bgif%2Bcollection.gif

02-14.gif

Nope. Floyd dominates southpaws

conors reach is 72 not 74 go to 1:54

conor got no advantages for this fight is purely for money for all partys involved

Back