Adult UFC Fans? How do you watch?

I'm 40 and I watch at my house or at a friend's. For ppv's I have a few friends come over or I go over one of my friends to do the same.

My generation is the generation that got to watch UFC 1 in high school and have been hooked since.
How was getting over the hump of seeing your favorites go and the new guys come in?

Fights are normally on here in Ireland between four and six in the morning. I used to stay up drinking with buddies but then the fools got married! Watch them the next morning by myself and actually enjoy it more. Fully grown ass man here, 36.

I'll be 38 next month. My wife (35) watches with me. We buy the ppvs, and usually split a brownie a couple hours before it starts. You know what kind.

I'm 47. I've been a fan since UFC 1. My wife and I have both trained multiple martial arts and my kids have each trained in something (my son wrestled and did TKD, Daughters both BJJ). We're all fans of the sport. I watch as much as I can. Even if I can't watch due to other obligations, I'm following along online.

32 with 2 kids under 3 and divorced, I have the kids every weekend so I am no longer able to watch. I do watch the re runs and follow the play by plays on the one and only Sherdog.

I’m 40 now and my viewing habits changed quite a lot.

Up until 33-34, I was watching every event either at friends houses or at a bar.

Now, with myself and many of those friends having kids, wives, mortgage payments and such I have no issue skipping events. I’ll PVR the Fight Nights and then speed-watch them with my 18 month old daughter after dinner and for the big PPVs I’ll still go to friends houses.

I just don’t have the time or mental space to invest myself any further than that for MMA any longer. It’s an entertainment pastime for me now and nothing more.

Any adult fans out there, like 35+?

Wondering how have your viewing habits changed over the years once wives, children, jobs etc. became part of your lives? Do you still watch every event? Do you have a hidden place to watch in peace? Any notes on the matter? How does it compare to when you first got into the sport?

Since in Brazil the main card starts around 1am I just wait for them to sleep and watch it alone with some food and beer.

So it didn't change from when I wasn't married.

32 with 2 kids under 3 and divorced, I have the kids every weekend so I am no longer able to watch. I do watch the re runs and follow the play by plays on the one and only Sherdog.
Do you stay off spoilers or just watch everything already knowing the results?

I'm 37, married, have two kids and would consider myself a handsome man for my age. I have never experimented with members of the same sex, but not entirely opposed to the idea. If this makes me bi-curious, so be it.

The kids watch the fights with me. No problem. I'm raising warriors, not snowflakes.

DVR and skip all the in-between fight nonsense, walk outs, and introductions. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Exactly this. I'm in the UK and BT Sports show it free. Before that I had to download it on a Sunday morning.
It's often Sunday evening before I get to watch it

Do you stay off spoilers or just watch everything already knowing the results?
I know the results but still good to watch. Just got fightpass because of a couple sherdoggers recommendations and that will help alot to.

I'm 39, been watching since '95 but none of my mates are particularly into it, some started talking about Conor when he got big but that's it, I watch over breakfast on a Sunday morning, can't beat it.

Any adult fans out there, like 35+?

Wondering how have your viewing habits changed over the years once wives, children, jobs etc. became part of your lives? Do you still watch every event? Do you have a hidden place to watch in peace? Any notes on the matter? How does it compare to when you first got into the sport?
I'm not 35+ but the only thing that has changed from '03 till now is I'm not watching live streams anymore and not buying every PPV. I even pass on a few free cards too if something else is on and no fighters I like are fighting. When Pride was still going and the UFC wasn't having a new card every other week I'd watch MMA religiously Shooto, Hero's, IFL, Bodog, DEEP all that I could. Then JMMA pretty much dried up I was always on the UFC side of the fence so still had hope then fucktards moved into MMA and the UFC kept growing. After the Strikeforce/WEC/UFC merger, WMMA, favorite fighters retiring, and waterdowned cards have taken their toll on me so I'm really not caring for MMA too much other then watching fighters I like.

I'm 36, no kids, and lucky to have a gf who loves training and watching MMA. We order 90% of the PPVs at home, go to a local spot to watch the other 10% of the PPVs with our group of friends (casuals), and watch/record the free cards at home. The best thing I ever did was get with a woman who's into MMA and surfing (they sort of go hand-in-hand where I live). Her body stays on point, and I don't have to deal with any shit for spending so much time watching fighting.
Have some fucking genetically superior babies now

Back