Adult UFC Fans? How do you watch?

Any adult fans out there, like 35+?

Wondering how have your viewing habits changed over the years once wives, children, jobs etc. became part of your lives? Do you still watch every event? Do you have a hidden place to watch in peace? Any notes on the matter? How does it compare to when you first got into the sport?
I enjoy the occasional fight party, surrounded by a bunch of causals. However, I get the most out of these events when I watch solo.

Wondering how have your viewing habits changed over the years once wives, children, jobs etc. became part of your lives? Do you still watch every event? Do you have a hidden place to watch in peace? Any notes on the matter? How does it compare to when you first got into the sport?
Started watching when I saw Goodridge face fuck Hererra with 12-6 elbows.

I'm out now. Even acquaintances who casually watched are calling the ufc a fake promotion for phony champs and I can't help but agree.
They can have their mcchamps and meaningless belts.

im 28 now but I have been to UFC Fight Night: Gomi vs. Florian (I was like 19 for this fight), Jones vs. Shogun, Fedor vs. Giant Silva, UFC 200, UFC 205, and I am going to UFC 217

I watch where I want WHEN I WANT AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME A DAMN THING OTHERWISE

im 28 now but I have been to UFC Fight Night: Gomi vs. Florian (I was like 19 for this fight), Jones vs. Shogun, Fedor vs. Giant Silva, UFC 200, UFC 205, and I am going to UFC 217

I watch where I want WHEN I WANT AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME A DAMN THING OTHERWISE
Do you travel out for events or you live nearby?

2 birds "with" 1 stone is the correct way
I think it's two birds stoned at once.
f9fcfa048d218382e9853c71ee3502690d8ba124ba6e81c13aaddd0a2e1b12de.jpg

I work nights and at least 2 weekends a month, so I miss out on seeing some stuff live. I DVR the TV stuff (FOX/FS1) and watch it a day or two later (staying away from Sherdog/MMAjunkie/etc), and if a PPV is really good, will order it a few days later. I have a small child and a lovely wife who are not into MMA, so I watch it by myself.

I'll stream really good events or go to a bar event.
Lesser events I'll see if I can watch the next morning.

Thats me...in a couple of years..
image.jpg ...enjoying life and ppv:
image.jpg
...bets are on your side
image.jpg

....watching with girl and her friend
image.jpg

I have a couple of coworkers over so they can get away from wives and kids and I order the fight. They are responsible for alcohol and appetizers and I got dinner. And then we get drunk, a great Saturday night. I'm only 32 though.

Well I was a sophomore in hs training at Lions Den for their afterschool program, when UFC 1 came out, then befriended Bunkerd's oldest son and started training with him at Fairtex SF.. so i grew up watching Faber, Diaz bros, Terrell, Cariaso, Irvin, etc etc.. fight at local shows and in the gym at Fairtex or Ralph school, before they were in the wec, elite xc, tuf show, etc etc.. or even Kevin Ross, Karim Mayfield, Amir Khan, etc.. over at Pacific Ring or Kings Boxing both in Oakland. Fast fwd to 2013 the yr I was 35, I turned pro in Aug 2013, so now I go to most of the regional shows to watch live, and go to most UFC/Bellator/etc.. events where I have training partners or friends, fighting. If watching at home, my wife and I tend to head up to Reno for the night to watch and gamble, or we or a family member/friend, will have a BBQ at the house for the fight and probably do poker night or a long harley ride after. I don't watch any cards that I don't have a friend or gym buddy on the card. My wife is the fan of combat sports and watchs the tuf shows every season since it started, watches every event on tv/ppv.. not just the UFC, but Bellator, WSOF now PFL, Invicta, One, LFA, Tachi Palace, WFC, King of the Cage, Gladiator Challenge, Dragon House Cage Series, WAR, Global KO, etc.. she and her girlfriends go to most fights, even if I don't go. But we don't have kids either (I had testicular cancer twice prior to meeting her, so no kids for me), so we don't have that huge key responsibility right there.

Started watching when I saw Goodridge face fuck Hererra with 12-6 elbows.

I'm out now. Even acquaintances who casually watched are calling the ufc a fake promotion for phony champs and I can't help but agree.
They can have their mcchamps and meaningless belts.

But you have a join date of 2015 with 30,000 posts.

You don't watch, but come on the forums a lot?

Not trying to bash, trying to understand.

There are people over 35 who watch cage fighting?
Why wouldn't we be? We were the ones who been around since the start, nor are we new to combat sports in general as we grew up in an Era where most kids wanted to fight and be a martial artist growing up.. no noob or casual guy stuff for the over 35 crowd, for the most part.

But you have a join date of 2015 with 30,000 posts.

You don't watch, but come on the forums a lot?

Not trying to bash, trying to understand.
Not hard to understand.
I used to be a long time fan but my interest has waned.
By the time I joined it was mostly for political and social amusement posting.

Usually watch PPV's the next day right away in the morning by this great thing called the internet.

For events I find are can't miss I usually hit a local bar/grill or order it. By I've only ordered about 3 PPV's in the last two year or so.

I watch all the free stuff usually live or DVR and start watching about a hour or so in to miss the million commercials.

I'm 36, no kids, and lucky to have a gf who loves training and watching MMA. We order 90% of the PPVs at home, go to a local spot to watch the other 10% of the PPVs with our group of friends (casuals), and watch/record the free cards at home. The best thing I ever did was get with a woman who's into MMA and surfing (they sort of go hand-in-hand where I live). Her body stays on point, and I don't have to deal with any shit for spending so much time watching fighting.
Fully agree bro.. met my wife in the gym, she was taking our gyms mma grappling classes. Found out she's a cross fit athlete and years later, we find ourselves stuck with one another. Ever met a woman who texts you to remind you to record the fights on DVR that night, and then gets pissed if you forgot? Yeah, mine does! I'm half Hawaiian, so surfing is something I grew up doing, but my wife with her crazy athletic ass, surfs better then me and is tired of riding backseat on my harleys all these years and is talking me into her getting one soon. Most old ladies are telling their man to get off the bike!

I'm 27 with a wife and 1 year old. I still watch all the events I would watch before, usually in the basement with friends ya dig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back