Actors who do next to nothing and get paid

James Franco in the new Prometheus

What the fuck was that all about haha
giphy.gif

Anything Jennifer Laurence related. That girl does nothing in her acting. Would rather watch grass grow.

I cant stand her, she is the establishment Hollywood chosen girl to force, she is no meryl streep, they give her roles for mature older women and it looks like a teen playing an older women that you see in high school plays. Her best role was when she played a teen I think it was her break out role where she played a redneck.

Her personality is also fake, she is a snob, and weird, Jared Leto called her attention whoring out and later apologized remember she was pretend to fall on the red carpet it was her shtick and she would laugh and pretend to act embarrassed? its all an act its that annoying girly attention whoring narcissism stuff and young girls live vicariously through her.

I noticed women who are obsessed with female celebs like Kardashian, Beyonce and Jen lawerence will defend them as if they are the person, they probably look in the mirror and think they look like them or something its weird. They even thumbs down videos or articles where people talk negatively about those famous women they worship, the Beyonce fanatical women are horrible.

I cant stand her, she is the establishment Hollywood chosen girl to force, she is no meryl streep, they give her roles for mature older women and it looks like a teen playing an older women that you see in high school plays. Her best role was when she played a teen I think it was her break out role where she played a redneck.

Her personality is also fake, she is a snob, and weird, Jared Leto called her attention whoring out and later apologized remember she was pretend to fall on the red carpet it was her shtick and she would laugh and pretend to act embarrassed? its all an act its that annoying girly attention whoring narcissism stuff and young girls live vicariously through her.

I noticed women who are obsessed with female celebs like Kardashian, Beyonce and Jen lawerence will defend them as if they are the person, they probably look in the mirror and think they look like them or something its weird. They even thumbs down videos or articles where people talk negatively about those famous women they worship, the Beyonce fanatical women are horrible.

Christ all fucking mighty

Do you want me to buy you a J law voodoo doll or some shit

That's not exactly correct. If you're making a documentary you should have your narrative planned out, and be choosing subjects to tell that story. You don't have a script, but your story should be known from the start.

It might be an industry term, but it's not really accurate. Knowing your story and why it needs to be told is just as important (perhaps more so) as it is with fiction.

My tutor (who is primarily a documentary film maker) advises against looking at it as narrative vs documentary, as most people who don't have their story clearly set out in advance, fail.

Last edited:
That's not exactly correct. If you're making a documentary you should have your narrative planned out, and be choosing subjects to tell that story. You don't have a script, but your story should be known from the start.

It might be an industry term, but it's not really accurate. Knowing your story and why it needs to be told is just as important (perhaps more so) as it is with fiction.

Two things:

1. It's just the way the films are referred to. Docs are docs, narrative films are pre-scripted fictional films. Whether or not we want to argue about the terms' accuracy is another matter.

2. How well you can have the story planned out all comes down to the kind of doc you're making. Is it about a historical event? Then okay, you can plan it out pretty thoroughly. Is it about events currently unfolding? Then your ability to plan is minimal.

I made a short doc (18 minutes) not too long ago and the final film ended up being pretty different from my initial idea because, you know, you can't plan reality. What happens happens and then you have to try to find the story within the footage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't help but wonder, if you haven't seen GOT S7E01 walk away now

Bran Stark sppears in the show for like 20 seconds, laying down in a cheelchair/bedchair/wheel barrol thing and has like 1 line of dialogue

Question: He got paid a full episode worth of pay for that, didn't he? A full paycheque to lay down and have 20 seconds of screen time and next to no lines

Fuck

Lucky bastard

I wouldn't be supprised if HBO pays by the season rather than by the episode as the filming is very broken up and not sequential.

Speaking opf Bran of course Isaac Hempstead Wright missed out of a seasons pay during the 5th and its not as if standing up is exactly a great effort is it?

Two things:

1. It's just the way the films are referred to. Docs are docs, narrative films are pre-scripted fictional films. Whether or not we want to argue about the terms' accuracy is another matter.

2. How well you can have the story planned out all comes down to the kind of doc you're making. Is it about a historical event? Then okay, you can plan it out pretty thoroughly. Is it about events currently unfolding? Then your ability to plan is minimal.

I made a short doc (18 minutes) not too long ago and the final film ended up being pretty different from my initial idea because, you know, you can't plan reality. What happens happens and then you have to try to find the story within the footage.

Can't comment on your project as I don't know its subject, narrative or purpose, but certainly a lot of "current event" documentaries tell the story that they set out to tell.

Can't comment on your project as I don't know its subject, narrative or purpose, but certainly a lot of "current event" documentaries tell the story that they set out to tell.

It was a short doc that was originally supposed to tell the story of two MMA fighters--one older and making his last attempt to go pro, another one younger and just starting his career--but then the older guy dropped out. So that was the first blow to my idea for the film.

And then more shit just kept happening that kept forcing me to re-conceptualize the film. In the end, what I had was the story of a father and his son and the way that martial arts had brought them together.

It was a short doc that was originally supposed to tell the story of two MMA fighters--one older and making his last attempt to go pro, another one younger and just starting his career--but then the older guy dropped out. So that was the first blow to my idea for the film.

And then more shit just kept happening that kept forcing me to re-conceptualize the film. In the end, what I had was the story of a father and his son and the way that martial arts had brought them together.

Actually sounds quite interesting, do you have a link to it? (PM me if you like, if you want to share). I've often thought about having a go at a documentary on the MMA scene in the UK.

Actually sounds quite interesting, do you have a link to it? (PM me if you like, if you want to share). I've often thought about having a go at a documentary on the MMA scene in the UK.

Sure, I'll send you a link.

Let me give you one more example though: the documentary My Kid Could Paint That.

It was originally supposed to be a nice, sweet doc about this young four-year-old painter Marla Olmstead, who's paintings were selling for thousands of dollars and whom the art world had their eye on.

But then 60 Minutes ran a story on her where they questioned whether or not she was really the one who made the paintings, which caused a firestorm in the art world. And the filmmaker (Amir Bar-Lev) had to completely change the focus of his film because of the controversy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Hamil in the force awakens did nothing but just stand there!

Back