According to this article, MMA is the 13th most popular sport in the world...

something tells me they selected criteria to push stuff like cricket to the top.

... rght behind American Football(#12) and Baseball(#11).

http://www.totalsportek.com/most-popular-sports/

How long until it surpasses those two?
I don't think this accord on how popular a sport really is, Going off tv sport popularity is kind of a joke. How many mma fights come on tv? There not many big mma promoter out there to fork up the money. But I beat your ass it's more popular across the world than American football and baseball. If you go back to 50-60 you had more boxing on tv, but soccer world wide was bigger. This a joke just like UFC media ranking. If they like you more they vote for you more.

... rght behind American Football(#12) and Baseball(#11).

http://www.totalsportek.com/most-popular-sports/

How long until it surpasses those two?

WME-IMG bought the UFC last year partly because it expected a major boost in broadcast fees when the promotion's deal with Fox renews next year.

Instead, three Fox broadcasts of UFC events in 2017 have delivered the lowest ratings in the series' history.

That help?

1. Football/Soccer by a long shot.
2. Boxing (Boxing doesn't have a specific league or singular organization, so its scattered. But everyone around the world is ready for a good scrap).
3. Tennis. No crazy fan following like football or cricket, but everyone tunes in for Grandslams and Federer/Nadal/Sampras/Agassi/Serena. Tennis has produced huge stars.
4. Cricket, only for the huge numbers it brings in from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. It is also the second biggest sport in Australia and England, I believe. It is largely ignored in other European and American countries.
5. I'd say Rugby/Golf.

UFC will replace Boxing though. Fighting is the only sport everyone in the world will tune into watch like it or not. Its the most basic form of competition. Boxing used to the king pin, but the rules make it limited and now people are moving onto better things.

its like asking if rap will replace death metal

{<jordan}{<jordan}

Ice Hockey is easily bigger than American Football and Basketball on a global scale. It actually possesses almost near parity in competition...almost.

Not with Basketball.. it's behind that worldwide.

Number 3 - Cricket???

cricket%252520third%252520most%252520popular%252520sport%252520in%252520the%252520world.jpg

What the hell is that???

Didn't realize basketball was #2 sport, pretty lame game.

I'm not an American and the MLB & NFL is bigger than hockey, without question. It's an American sport just as much as NFL or MLB but less popular.
Article needs to site some sources or the whole thing is a throwaway piece.

I'm not an American and the NFL is bigger than hockey, without question. Needs to site some sources or the whole thing is a throwaway piece.

Where are you from? Lol

Where are you from? Lol
Canada. The hockey country of the world.

There's only have 35 million people living up here.
Texas alone has 30 million people.

I'm not an American and the MLB & NFL is bigger than hockey, without question. It's an American sport just as much as NFL or MLB but less popular.
Article needs to site some sources or the whole thing is a throwaway piece.

An "American" sport? You better fucking mean NORTH American.

<{danayeah}>
i have no fucking idea why i posted that gif

Interesting, I had no idea the NBA was that big, but looking at twitter followers it's the only USA centric sport with top followed athletes.

An "American" sport? You better fucking mean NORTH American.
Start doing the math of how many Canadian teams there are and how many American teams there are, and take a quick minute to figure out why that might be the case.

Back