According to this article, MMA is the 13th most popular sport in the world...

I did my own research into this a few years ago. I knew the NFL wasn't going to be big outside the US but was surprised Baseball wasn't more accepted. Basketball, on the other hand turned out to be much more popular than I expected. In a lot of European countries (Spain and Italy for example) it is #2 or 3 behind Soccer. It's also very popular in eastern Europe and the far east - China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, etc.

And Basketball was invented by a Canadian. Throw in Hockey, and it looks like Canada rules the sporting world.

Start doing the math of how many Canadian teams there are and how many American teams there are, and take a quick minute to figure out why that might be the case.

Canada and the US are both North American countries... so I'm not sure what your point is here.

One of their scoribg criteria is gender equality. Seems like a bs methodology.

13xvn2.jpg

It's no long a question of if, but when MLS overtakes NHL, MLB, NBA and finally NFL.

Like it or not, it's going to happen.

How the hell are baseball and american football in top 15? Is there anybody outside the US that watches that shit?

No. You underscore my point by showing what a biased, conflated mess that article is...that is my final point in my original post.

Never commentated on that point at all, not interested in doing so. You can keep having that argument with yourself.

American football is too low. It does more revenue then the NHL/NBA combined and is on pace to reach 20 billion dollars revenue by 2020. Theres fucking NFL teams worth as much as the entire UFC and yet the UFC is only 1 spot below the NFL......

It literally does 3x the revuene as the top league of the #2 sport on the list .......

Last edited:
Cricket and volleyball are bigger than the NFL and baseball? I got to double check that.
Cricket absolutely, Pakistan and India have a combined population of well over a billion, so there's at least 4/500 million people into it, NFL is limited to the 250mil Americans/Canadians that watch it

Volleyball, not a chance, it has no viewership anywehere, people only watch it at the olympics, world championships etc

How the hell are baseball and american football in top 15? Is there anybody outside the US that watches that shit?
Its on the list because it makes a fuck ton of viewship/revenue, even without other countires watching it.

By 2020, american football will have the same revenue as NHL, MLB, and NBA combined........

NFL has a well balanced amount of fans, ticket sales, tv views, and advertisements.

I was in Holland 2 years ago and was very surprised to see that darts is huge in Europe.

Back