7 years ago today: Jon Jones decimated Rampage Jackson effortlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the eight years since that beating Rampage, Jones has 9 fights. Not quite Cain Velasquez levels of wasting his prime, but damn, would be awesome to have seen more from him.

More like 8 years ago today Jones took MAJOR Ls RUNNING away from a decrepit old over the hill Rampage

10.gif

Yeah what a "goat" Jones is

Cough @TheIrishPsycho @Njmma209
See, the things is, Bones doesn't give you haters much to work with inside the cage. You have to make ridiculous seem like reality and it just makes you look foolish.

The Chael loss hurt more

For the jones fight I justify it with the knee shogun took at the beginning
But you never thought Chael had a chance against Jones, Shogun you probably did.

8 years ago he probably had more than 8 different “supplements” in his body.

<36>

You cant decimate a person btw

Not even as a figure of speech

Lol yep

Jones fans always trying to rewrite history that Jones beat the "best versions" of fighters

The "old" Rampage was apparently back all the sudden (for Jones) because he decisioned Hammil coming into the fight lol

Jones fans are the worst. The try to act like Jones beat a prime Shogun too when the reality was Shogun was coming off his 3rd major surgery and took that fight on short notice
Agreed. Its an overall problem not only on Sherdog i think. People tend to dismiss wether or not a fighter beat another one in the prime years.

For example, as great as Mayweather was. When he beat Canelo, Canelo was too young.

Shogun and rampage were off their primes. Jon still the GOAT though

LOL I fuckin hate Jones, but coming from you this is hilarious.
opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif

13rAVaFrumhUjK.gif
Are you trolling me?

Jones with his amature striking turned his back to Rampage MID-EXCHANGE and RAN off mid-exchange lol

While those instances from Conor were late in the fight in a grueling fight where Conor simply ducked out and circled out safely past Nate's lead leg to create space and reset.

Show me when Jones was landing punches like this on Rampage

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Show me when Jones dropped Rampage 3 times

Exactly

You may or may not be a Jones fanboy but you for sure are a Conor hater

Last edited:
Eye poking cheat!

Ref was HORRIBLE that fight.

Rampage been playing video games, running dudes over and eating ever since.

Jon completely humiliated and bullied the bully. Several times Rampage looked like he was gonna cry over Jon's sonning.

Are you trolling me?

Jones with his amature striking turned his back to Rampage MID-EXCHANGE and RAN off mid-exchange lol

While those instances from Conor were late in the fight in a grueling fight where Conor simply ducked out and circled out safely past Nate's lead leg to create space and reset.

Show me when Jones was landing punches like this on Rampage

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Show me when Jones dropped Rampage 3 times

Exactly

You may or may not be a Jones fanboy but you for sure are a Conor hater

Just admit your loss and walk away.

Conor ran. Jones ran. These things happened whether you like it or not.

Is this a joke post or sarcastic post?

2ptw2z8.gif

i5ozvc.gif

xc7qlf.gif

mwsls7.gif

255hyqx.gif

24oylie.gif

2d7hmkx.jpg

168ijk2.gif

Jones always got hit with big shots in all his fights. He has garbage defense but an iron chin

Not to mention the fact that all of those opponents were all significantly smaller and older than Jones

Shogun and Rampage especially were not at their best

Machida was 1-2 coming into that fight with Jones as well

At no point was the LHW division ever actually great. It was all only ever hype based on "names" due to PRIDE's infatuation with bigger men/freakShow fights and the sideshow Liddell/Tito era

Plus by the time Jones came along the old guard was already declining

"Right place right time"

On top of that Jones never beat anyone his size or age.

It's no suprise that when the ONLY other young prospect to come alongside Jones (who was almost as big) finally faced Jones, Jones was badly exposed (by Gus)

Jones is one of the most over rated fighters in combat sports history

When you hear Dana and Rogan continually wetting themslefes to proclaim Jones the "greatest talent to ever step foot in the octagon," it's a joke and full on propaganda. Always makes me double face palm hard

The "greatest talent ever" doesn't need PEDs to win - and doesn't get badly beaten up and exposed the first time he fights someone his size and age

The "greatest talent ever" CAN NEVER be a LHW

All the talent and depth is at the lower weight classes

Etc etc
He fought Machida after Rampage. You are doing a bit of time traveling here. You showed a couple of Shogun punches that didn't really land and then fast forward past Rampage. The Machida fight is the first time I recall seeing a shot land on Jones's face, and his reaction was that he didn't like being punched in the face. He would kind of run whenever this would happen, and that lead a lot of people to conclude Machida was winning that fight until Jones got him on the ground and landed that elbow.

Last edited:
Just admit your loss and walk away.

Conor ran. Jones ran. These things happened whether you like it or not.
If you want to simplify it down to that while ignoring all context, sure, then you look at the world like how a 8 year old eating crayons does

Show me when Jones was landing punches like that on Rampage?

Show me when Jones dropped Rampage 3 times?

Exactly

Again, Jones with his amataure striking turned his back to Rampage MID-EXCHANGE AND RAN. THAT IS A NO NO

Conor ducked out and circled past Nate's lead leg to create space and reset. Conor only did this late in the fight in a grueling fight

To even compare shows that you have little to no actual understanding of fighting

Conor is an actual educated boxer who knows when to reset, when to plant, when to exchange etc

Conor put a clinic on Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back