7 years ago today: Jon Jones decimated Rampage Jackson effortlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bu bu but...knee kicks whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Bunch of fuckin babies on this site.

You're going to deep with this trolling

I love jones but he fought like a coward against page
The eye pokes and eye raking in that fight was atrocious, that fight should be used as an example of how bad extended fingers rules have to be enforced. He was literally holding his fingers in front of Page's eyes to stop forward movement.

Then we have the knee kicks to a guy known to have bad knees. Jones is just a cheap, cheating dick.

giphy.gif

Crazy how you can fight at the highest level and not know how to switch stances.

During Jones’s peak run of dominance, that was actually one of the closer fights (or at least one where the opponent didn’t take as much damage). This was nothing like the Shogun fight. You could tell he really respected Rampage’s punching power.

During Jones’s peak run of dominance, that was actually one of the closer fights (or at least one where the opponent didn’t take as much damage). This was nothing like the Shogun fight. You could tell he really respected Rampage’s punching power.

Yah, I’ve always said this... And admittedly I am a
Rampage fan, but also respect the talent that Jones is...

Jones couldn’t bully Page like he did to others, he couldn’t (almost effortlessly) out-wrestle Page like he did others, he couldn’t land all his spinning shit, he didn’t feel comfortable stricking with Page at any distance other then kicking where he could blow Pages knee out, Page was able to stand back up and or prevent takedowns, etc...

No doubt, very impressive win/submission for Jones. Not many people have tapped Quinton. But Rampage fought better then a lot of people give him credit for.

Rampage has really dropped off since that fight.

"Bu bu but...knee kicks whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Bunch of fuckin babies on this site.

You really like this tactic? I lean toward rule changes for allowing knees to down opponents - But being able to kick someone’s knee the opposite way and hyperextend it..

I get submissions do the same thing to an extent, but this strike doesn’t allow the opponent a chance to tap, defend, etc. knee injuries are career ending.. I’m not saying to “nerf” the sport... It just seems like a strange stricking tactic to allow.

Not saying it would have changed anything related to this fight..

Crazy how you can fight at the highest level and not know how to switch stances.

And risk the same kick landing and blowing out both his knees and taking any chance of winning the fight away....

No doubt he could have looked for opportunities to switch and try to land... But every fighter has limitations..

You really like this tactic? I lean toward rule changes for allowing knees to down opponents - But being able to kick someone’s knee the opposite way and hyperextend it..

I get submissions do the same thing to an extent, but this strike doesn’t allow the opponent a chance to tap, defend, etc. knee injuries are career ending.. I’m not saying to “nerf” the sport... It just seems like a strange stricking tactic to allow.

When is the last time some one career ended from oblique kick, ill wait. Rampage is so full of shit, supposely his knee is the same after the oblique yet hes still fighting... Hes a grown ass man but whine like a lil boy, always excuses.

Which fighter has had his or her career ended by it?

Rampage himself has had ongoing knee issues bc of that kick... Look it up.

How many fighters throw this? Maybe I’m crazy.. but I see very few.. maybe it’s a skill thing? Maybe not comfortable in an actual fight throwing it? Maybe it’s a frowned upon strike.??

Guys don’t throw It, bc they also don’t want to be hit with it.. and part of the point was KNEE injuries end guys careers... not specifically the kick alone..

Do you think Shogun would have had better knees after taking a few of those ?? Or even one of them?? Again, not trying to nerf the sport... Just seems like a bad tactic.. almost like small joint manipulation.. maybe it’s just me..

When is the last time some one career ended from oblique kick, ill wait. Rampage is so full of shit, supposely his knee is the same after the oblique yet hes still fighting... Hes a grown ass man but whine like a lil boy, always excuses.

Again... didn’t say the KICK ends careers... KNEE injuries can/do...

This seems like a strange tactic to allow in a combat sport with rules.. The object of the kick is blow someone’s knee out.. no question. And just bc guys continue to fight, you think that means their knees aren’t permanently effected??

Shoguns been fighting for 8+ years now with fucked up knees.. think he’s been at his best bc of it??

AGAIN... not trying to nerf the sport.. I think knees to head should be allowed on ground. But I’ve suffered knee injuries (old football days...kidding).. and know how debilitating they are.. I’m just not a fan of it.. think it’s a bad strike..

Rampage decimates himself most of the time. Except for his eyeballs. Jones definitely decimated those.

I wanted Rampage to win but Jones put on a great performance.

Also, IT'S BEEN SEVEN YEARS!

:eek::eek:

Lol yep

Jones fans always trying to rewrite history that Jones beat the "best versions" of fighters

The "old" Rampage was apparently back all the sudden (for Jones) because he decisioned Hammil coming into the fight lol

Jones fans are the worst. The try to act like Jones beat a prime Shogun too when the reality was Shogun was coming off his 3rd major surgery and took that fight on short notice

I am a Big Jackson fan. Actually one of the biggest during his heyday. But there is a big lie going around about him that he was this monster in Japan and pride, and his early days in the UFC, and that he was a shell of himself just a little bit later. I think he was a little bit worse as a fighter when he lost to Evans and then later to Jones. However he has some very questionable performances and losses in pride when he was supposed to be in his prime. I mean Silva who is maybe 5 foot 10 and was always small for light heavyweight absolutely crushed him twice in Japan. And no version of Silva is doing anything with Jones. No chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back